Author Topic: Sinthetics in the news  (Read 5058 times)

akira-fan

• Resident
Re: Sinthetics in the news
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 12:32:17 AM »
\
Though he makes arguably the best female dolls around his real talent is sculpting male dolls. They are amazingly realistic.

As you can tell from my screen-name, I agree with you about the male dolls.

'We Sell a Lot of Dicks': Inside a Factory Making Male Sex Dolls for Women

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/we-sell-a-lot-of-dicks-inside-a-factory-making-male-sex-dolls-for-women

They could used better photos in the story, but I suppose that's just their aesthetic ::) (full disclosure: My editor at the newspaper I wrote for in college was a Vice contributor for a while after graduation 8) ).

I suppose the vein of lurid skepticism running through the story is to be expected from an article like this - they even made Gabriel look creepy. :o Of course all the headless mannikins hanging from chains are creepy maybe that's just the "Aspie" in me (yep, old, fat, bald gay man with Asperger's, damn, I fit all their stereotypes - and I pride myself on "not being a stereotype." :().

The fact they refer to "bins full of dicks" and "shelves of heads and wigs" kind of takes away from the whole "one of a kind" mystique though. Also, I have to say, the place looked surprisingly dirty for someone with "OCD." :laugh:

Funcraft

• New Resident
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 04:55:17 PM »
Future owner of a Sinthetics B2A w/Alicia face.
Order placed September 2014, paid in full May 2015
In "Construction"

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 05:12:25 PM »
Great find!  That is an extremely accurate and unbiased view into the artisan world of Sinthetics.  :thumb:

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 06:00:01 PM »
Taken from the article:
"....He and Keller agree that their relationship with their clients is what separates them from bigger manufacturers..."
"......It’s also what keeps them in the business...."

I couldn't agree more, especially after meeting them a few times and spending time with them.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

SimonDC

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 10:03:21 PM »
Wow, this is a really good read.  Thanks for sharing Funcraft!

SimonDC

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
  • Town Drunk.
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 01:27:25 AM »
Thank you for sharing this Funcraft!  :thumb:
If the Ladies don't find you handsome... Get a doll.

balc

• Resident
  • Thnx M&B
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 06:34:14 PM »
Thanks for the link- great article.

It sure took a long time but my sweet girl is sweeter by the day and my interactions with M&B were always like family- I would order from them again. Especially that new 3C- Wowiezowie!