Author Topic: Do TPE dolls get mouldy easily?  (Read 327 times)

FrankieJackz

• Lurker
Do TPE dolls get mouldy easily?
« on: June 30, 2017, 08:33:43 PM »
ive heard that if you dont dry them properly they grow mould. Is this easily prevented? Also if I stretched her vagina open to dry her out with a hairdryer would that ruin her/ make her less tight?

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
Re: Do TPE dolls get mouldy easily?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 01:13:20 AM »
FrankieJ,

Any doll can get moldy inside if left wet.

Get a cheap aquarium air pump. When you're done cleaning her, insert the hose blowing into her for about a half hour and she should be dry by then.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 06:53:39 PM »
 :welcome: FrankieJackz

I've had a TPE doll for 6months shy of 2 years. She is my fist doll so I was a total n00b when I got her.
My doll has a removable insert which makes clean up and drying a bit easier but if I had it to do again, I'd get a built in.
As long as you take steps to dry her properly, it should be ok.

Let us know which doll you choose!

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 03:47:10 PM »
:welcome: FrankieJackz

I've had a TPE doll for 6months shy of 2 years. She is my fist doll so I was a total n00b when I got her.
My doll has a removable insert which makes clean up and drying a bit easier but if I had it to do again, I'd get a built in.
As long as you take steps to dry her properly, it should be ok.

Let us know which doll you choose!

Doc, I have to disagree with you here. I got a 2 year old TPE doll myself, and 3 others. All are inserts. I normally turn them inside out to dry, but when I hurt my arm and had surgery, All I could do was rinse them out and let them dry. One developed black mold. You could not even see it from the outside. Baby oil, odorless mineral spirits, alcohol, and even CLOROX failed to remove the black mold. I wound up tossing it, but would have had to toss my doll had she been a built-in. If your doll's insert gets damaged or moldy, you just toss it and use another. I've tossed several. But if your built-in vagina gets damaged, your doll is fucked. That even goes for silicone dolls. My Real Doll is on her 2nd insert, and she'd be needing a re-core if she was a built-in. These are huge reasons to choose an insert. The difference in outward appearance of a TPE built-in versus insert is nearly non-existent. I've seen and examined tons of them. Unless you prefer using male or female condoms on your doll, or the doll is just for photography, I strongly recommend choosing an insert.

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 08:10:53 PM »

Doc, I have to disagree with you here. I got a 2 year old TPE doll myself, and 3 others. All are inserts. I normally turn them inside out to dry, but when I hurt my arm and had surgery, All I could do was rinse them out and let them dry. One developed black mold. You could not even see it from the outside. Baby oil, odorless mineral spirits, alcohol, and even CLOROX failed to remove the black mold. I wound up tossing it, but would have had to toss my doll had she been a built-in. If your doll's insert gets damaged or moldy, you just toss it and use another. I've tossed several. But if your built-in vagina gets damaged, your doll is fucked. That even goes for silicone dolls. My Real Doll is on her 2nd insert, and she'd be needing a re-core if she was a built-in. These are huge reasons to choose an insert. The difference in outward appearance of a TPE built-in versus insert is nearly non-existent. I've seen and examined tons of them. Unless you prefer using male or female condoms on your doll, or the doll is just for photography, I strongly recommend choosing an insert.

I'm sorry to hear about your arm.
Thanks for the input! You make good points.
I think it's more important to hear from those who have had the problem than us who may have just gotten lucky over time.
Hope your arm is back in service soon... well, you know what i mean  :whistle:

oleesheetmon

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 10:19:48 PM »

Having this as a topic was a good thing as it sure got me thinking.  When I had Rachel, she had several inserts and were alternated for use.  I never gave this much thought, assuming the inside would dry sufficiently by itself.  When I saw Mahtek's suggestion about the small aquarium pump, I got one for my Spinner - due to arrive very soon. Last thing I want to deal with is black mold crawling up my unit.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 02:55:46 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about your arm.
Thanks for the input! You make good points.
I think it's more important to hear from those who have had the problem than us who may have just gotten lucky over time.
Hope your arm is back in service soon... well, you know what i mean  :whistle:

Thanks Doc. I had bicep re-attachment surgery end of last year after dropping my 700 pound bike, and picking it back up. Arm is better, and I'm back riding. Thanks for asking.  :thumb:

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 12:02:47 PM »
Thanks Doc. I had bicep re-attachment surgery end of last year after dropping my 700 pound bike, and picking it back up. Arm is better, and I'm back riding. Thanks for asking.  :thumb:

OUCH!
I had a '78 Goldwing a while back and ALMOST dropped it once in the rain leaving a gas station. Ground was slick getting back on the road.
Wrenched my back a bit keeping it upright so I can only imagine what you went through!
Glad to hear you're back in the saddle... in many ways!  :thumb: