Author Topic: In praise of Sinthetics' Doll Hospital.  (Read 586 times)

Doc Brown

• Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
Re: In praise of Sinthetics' Doll Hospital.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 01:19:56 AM »

Looks like she's still got it!

And is about to get it!

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 07:23:42 AM »
great to see , wish the many repairs to my Sin had come out as well
for album click the pic

Zardoz

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 03:41:36 PM »
I'm delighted at how the repairs turned out. Having tried my hand at home repair, this is leaps and bounds better. Thanks to all who recommended that I take them up on their offer to do this!
And yes, I'm very happy as well to report such a good customer service experience. It can be frustrating, even maddening, to wait months for a doll; I know my patience and sanity were sorely tested! But it's part of their ethic to take the time to do things to exacting standards. They'll never be churning out hundreds of dolls a year, but they'll also never deliver less than their best. And it's great to see the time and effort they put into maintaining the products they've created. I rather regret not letting them keep the doll longer. Time really limited how much they were able to do, and a few repairs were left for me (ugly repair of a thumb poke, air gaps in the hips, and  tearing in genital region, which I've already patched two or three times). Hopeful that with the professional-grade repair materials they gave me, and first-hand view of how they do it, that I can get a good result this time. But it'll never be as good as their professional work; Matt did this sort of thing commercially for years, and it shows. He's a wizard. Just glad I live close enough to make the trip, and didn't have to pay for shipping, and hope some cargo-handler didn't damage it.
As for the scarring: Matt showed me a doll in production where the buyer had specifically requested scarring for a fantasy theme (won't say more, in respect for their privacy). Certainly mine doesn't look bad; worse are the lingering compression marks, an unfortunate feature of the experimental silicone mix they used, now discontinued. They were unhappy about that too; one option they offered was to strip her skin off completely and repour the doll, but I was put off by the additional time and cost involved.
Oh, happy to report as well that she's fully functional: "field-tested" and as good as ever!
I'll post pics of further home repairs if/when I complete them.

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2017, 07:33:05 AM »
That's awesome news Zardoz!  :thumb: Glad to hear that she is back in action..  She looks amazing and the repairs are hardly noticeable..  Matt is truly a master...  And I agree with Z-Dr..  Matt & Bronwen are indeed two of the most wonderful people anyone could ever meet.. And I'm glad you were able to get to know them and get some pointers... 

Nova

DOLLS + LINGERIE = ONE HECK OF A GOOD TIME!!!!

pygmalion2

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 02:30:02 AM »
Nice to see your doll back to "life".
I have always found the lovemaking after repair quite spectacular, myself.
Cheers,
Mark and the Synthetiks
Realdolls and Sinthetics

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2017, 06:24:59 PM »
Now's the time to get a TPE doll and keep the miles off that Sinthetic so she lasts for many years to come.

Aikagi000

• Sr. Resident
  • Veronica M. Tsai         12/3/12  - Sinthetics b1H
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2017, 04:42:53 AM »
WOOOOOOOOTTTT! beautiful and WOW that is a great job! like amazing plastic surgery after a horrible car accident or something!! She has scars but you know what, I think it gives her more character than anything just like we all have scars here or there for real! Totally blown away by the repairs! I may have to ask for some tips to help keep V healthy! In fact she does have some tears under the arm that I'd love to touch up all nice and proper before they get too bad. Could you let me know that they did for that?
“We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth at least the truth that is given us to understand. The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies.”
― Pablo Picasso

Zardoz

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 06:57:02 PM »
Hi all, and thanks for the remarks and enthusiasm.
Begog: while I'd love to have a "stunt doll" to take some of the banging burden off my poor Sin, and there are some really attractive TPE dolls now on the market, I'm squeezed financially just now, and that'll have to wait. If things don't look up for me soon I may even have to think about selling her, which is heartbreaking, especially after seeing her renewed like this.
Aikagi: I think they did the repair work with a two-part silicone called "Psycho Paint" - it's a bit harder than the base silicone, and should be a bit more durable. They mixed up pots of pigment in two tones, Honey and a slightly darker shade for darker areas of skin (e.g., bottoms of feet). Maybe if you ask they could send you these materials to use on your own? Anyway, a little goes a long way; Matt was showing me how thin a layer he applies to bond tears. He was also spraying pure alcohol on it, to help work it smooth without sticking to tools/fingers.
For armpit tearing, Matt recommended that in future, if moving upper arms back or forward, to have the arms out from the sides a bit; it's silicone rubbing on silicone that seems to be the culprit in that tearing.
The scars don't look bad, and do add some character, as you guys have noted. Wonderful to be able to play again! And indeed, it was great to meet Matt and Bronwen; they're excellent people, and have lots of fascinating stories.

Notsogood

• Lurker
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 11:00:03 PM »
Looks great  :)

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
  • Town Drunk
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2017, 05:52:26 PM »
I really think the scars just add to her character. We are all scarred in one way or another or we have lived to perfect a life. She is gorgeous!
Humble servant of CJ's Harem .

If I die of vanity, promise me, promise me,
They bury me some place I don't want to be,
You'll dig me up and transport me, unceremoniously,
Away from the swollen city-breeze, garbage bag trees,
Whispers of disease and the acts of enormity
And lower me slowly, sadly and properly
Get Ry Cooder to sing my eulogy,

100th Meridian.
Gord Downie. Tragically Hip.

If the Ladies don't find you handsome... Get a doll.

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 12:53:26 AM »
I really think the scars just add to her character. We are all scarred in one way or another or we have lived to perfect a life. She is gorgeous!
Circumcision scars give character, eh?  Good ole purple german helmet...

I have seen some of the surgery pics am I am totally in awe of the result. :thumb:   So glad that you made the choices you did and she turned out as well as she did. :cheers:

balc

• Resident
  • Thnx M&B
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 04:54:02 PM »
Hi Zardoz-

That is purely amazing- Matt is a magician with silicone! She is so beautiful. Her face really is angelic- the Alicia sculpt is so lovely.  Matt and Bronwen are really stand-up people who do come through.

When I get an Alicia sculpt out here (fingers crossed!) I will post pics too.

Balc