Author Topic: ODC Monthly Photo Challenge Winners  (Read 13844 times)

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
ODC Monthly Photo Challenge Winners
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:50:03 PM »
Our Doll Community
Monthly Photo Challenge Winners

Our Doll Community has a monthly photo challenge with a theme for each month. Winning pictures are selected by popular vote. The theme is chosen by the winner of the previous month. The challenge is to create a new picture or post a recent picture that fits the theme. The winning contest pictures are displayed here.

Right-click on the picture to open a larger image in a new tab or window. (You must be logged in to view images that are in the "attached" picture directory.)
     Click on the name of the month to go to the challenge for that month.
     Click on the winner’s name to go to the album of that person (or doll).
     “Not Selected” means that challenge has not yet occurred or was extended for another month.
     Note: The alignment of picture, month, and winner in the Year sections will be 'compressed' for those using the following Themes: Day Relax, CurveBlack, and X-Mas. Other Themes will show the proper alignment. See Changing your theme.

January 2018 winner

December 2017 Photo Challenge
"Sexy Fail"

Begog's picture of Jenna "Hiding in Plain Sight"

January               February                  March                       April     
     Begog              Not Selected          Not Selected          Not Selected

January               February                   March                      April     
  Postponed              Szalinski               FrozenArctic              incred     

May                      June                        July                      August       
FrozenArctic               incred               Not Selected          Not Selected

September               October                 November              December   
mugwumpfire               Ceej                       Smoke              Stephanie Doll

January               February                  March                       April     
Ray Rentell              tj_foxx                    Begog                 TaliaLunari

May                      June                        July                      August       
 Aikagi000                Camp                   Aikagi000                 Camp

September               October                 November              December   
  Aikagi000              SERVAL78                L3ft Nut              Ray Rentell

January                 February                  March                        April     
     Polaroid                 L3ft Nut             Stephanie Doll          Not Selected

May                          June                       July                        August       
   incred                    Serval78                Alottahope            Ray Rentell

September                October                November               December       
Mandos                  Alottahope                  Ceej                      PsYLoR

January                  February                    March                      April     
   Indy                    Not selected                 Ceej                      muzza

May                        June                        July                        August       
 Alottahope                 L3ft Nut              Not selected                Nova-1

September                October                November                 December
 patrice25               Ray Rentell                  Ceej                    Alottahope

January                February                    March                      April     
 belshanar               phillip57                Not selected              incred

May                        June                         July                      August
Not selected            Aikagi000                    Ceej                      incred

September                October                 November             December
    muzza                Ray Rentell                  Andy_J                belshanar

January                  February                     March     
 Ceej                       Mahtek                     Mahtek

In April, we had an unprecedented tie for first place.

April
KingTut               Roustabout

May                       June                      July                        August       
Mark_at_MaddyG    Not Selected              Ceej                       DrBlinky     

September               October                  November             December   
          Mahtek                   Mahtek                     Incred              Not Selected

January                  February                   March                       April   
     incred                    Musician                     Elle                     WiccaNick

May                           June                       July                      August       
WinstonSmith              toysin3d                     Elle               JerksOfAmerica

September                 October                 November              December   
     TC                   JerksOfAmerica             Incred                   DrBlinky   

January                February                   March                       April   
Cancelled                 eagle1                      Ceej                     noquiexis

May                       June                        July                       August       
phillip57                belshanar               belshanar                 drblinky

September               October                 November               December
drblinky                    Ceej                     Musician                    Camp

"Like a bolt out of the blue
 Fate steps in and sees you through
 When you wish upon a star
 Your dreams come true"

Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket (1940)

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Musician

• Sr. Resident
Re: Monthly Photo Challenge Winners
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 10:40:28 PM »
Very cool, Noq!  8)

Will this be made into a sticky, or did you have something else in mind?

Edit: I just noticed this morning that it is a sticky. DOH!
My doll's name is Roselle. She is a Lovable Doll, made by Matt Krivicke. Makeup by Bronwen Keller.

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:47:13 PM »
Great Idea!

Coral
Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

roustabout

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 06:05:23 AM »
So when does the calendar come out?  :laugh:
Stacy is a Realdoll body 7 face 2.

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 09:52:29 AM »
I have always thought the most current winner should be at the top?

Coral

Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

Bronwen

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 10:00:03 PM »
If all the photographers have high res versions of their pictures and agreed to be featured, this would make a great calendar for ODC to sell.
Champagne for My Real Friends, Real Pain for My Sham Friends

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
Re: ODC Monthly Photo Challenge Winners
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 11:11:59 PM »
coralsheep91 wrote,

"I have always thought the most current winner should be at the top?"

I inverted the order of the years, but not the months. I thought inverting the months might be too distracting. I have also replaced the Horizontal Rule <--> with other dividers to separate the years.

:) :) :)
 Your dreams come true"

guitarpussy

• Sr. Resident
  • Redheads Rule, just look !
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 11:36:53 AM »
HEY !!

I wanna see Captain Dottster !   :redhead:

:whistle:

GP

guitarpussy

• Sr. Resident
  • Redheads Rule, just look !
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 07:15:30 AM »
OH MY GOD !.....................DEJA VUE GOIN ON HERE;

THIS REMINDS ME OF A LAYOVER IN HONOLULU !

:drool:

CAPTAIN DOTTSTER BABY   :redhead:................OH CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN....beat me, whip me, spank me, make me write bad checks. 

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 11:16:23 AM »
Dottie only takes checks if there is a bundle of cash wrapped around it.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 02:06:15 PM »
Ah, women in uniform!
 :police:

muzza

• Sr. Resident
  • Sunny Queensland, Australia
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 12:24:21 AM »
This seems the appropriate thread to put this post.

I see some discussion of 'How to vote' in the Feb / Mar 2014 photo challenge thread.

Personally I don't like the 'send a pm' solution and I speculate that it might limit voters of which there are no great numbers (guessing again).

Would it not be easier for members to vote if the poll facility was used? - I mean, tick the boxes of the three photos one chooses.

OK, I know this would mean that a photo wins by 'number of hits score' rather than 'number of points score', but what the heck maybe that is done anyway by some.
The downside could be that occasionally everyone would be able to see a 'null point' photo but again, what the heck, at least the member participated which itself is a big  :thumb: in my book. And it could give a boost to those who did participate but did not make the final three by the knowledge that at least someone voted for them.

So what do you guys and dolls think?
Ah Love, could thou and I with fate conspire to grasp this sorry state of things entire. Would not we shatter it to bits, and then, remould it nearer to the hearts desire.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 10:38:24 AM »
muzza,

As with all the rules for these challenges, it is up to the person running the challenge as to how votes are collected and scored. As you mentioned, some pictures receive no votes at all. This could lead to bad feelings, which is why most of us use the PM method.

No system is perfect. There are no 'real' prizes for these challenges except for that of recognition. With about 160 galleries here at ODC, plus those that have their galleries off-site, one would think that these challenges are flooded with pictures. The simpler the rules, the more we might get people involved in this.

:-[ :-\ ???
 Your dreams come true"

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 08:28:03 PM »
Muzza,

The way that I score a contest is a points system. A first place vote gets 3 points, second place 2 points, third place 1 point. I've scored several of these contests, and this seems to work best, as sometimes we will get surprisingly few votes. It just seems to end up with less tie scores. If we get a lot of votes, the difference in points between each place gets wider.

Is it perfect? Probably not, but with limited voting and just a few pictures, so long as it is applied consistently it's as fair as I can make it.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.