Author Topic: The "Sixty Days of KingTut's Sinthetics" Project  (Read 128289 times)

Mark_at_MaddyG

• Resident
  • VP at Maddy G Productions
    • It's A Tasha Thing
Re: The "Sixty Days of Ashleigh and Sinthia" Project
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 10:48:40 AM »
Starts a 'Slow Clap'

Bravo KT. Fantastic photo shoot!

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 11:16:13 AM »
Excellent work, King!

I've always loved the doll photo-storys, something that we've not had a lot of lately.

This is going to be the epic thread of ODC for some time to come.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

viper

• New Resident
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 12:31:49 PM »
Wow, amazing work KT! From the pics, you get the impression that they're actually real- love the commentary as well. Can't wait for the upcoming sets.

Glad to hear they've made it to you without incident & that they're settling in so well.

I must say, I love the look of this body- so realistic. The curve of the arms & shoulders esp- lovely muscle tone. ;D

KingTut

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 12:07:00 AM »
DAY 2: ASHLEIGH MEETS ROSE AND JASMINE

Ashleigh: So where is the bedroom?  I could really use a long soak right now.

KingTut: Down the hall and on the left.  Just drop your things anywhere.  I'll be in in a second.

Ashleigh walks down the hall to the bedroom and is surprised to find it occupied.

Ashleigh, pointing at Rose: Who is that?

Rose looks up from her book.

Rose: I'm Rose.  You must be Ashleigh.  After all this time, I'm delighted to finally meet you.

Ashleigh (taken aback, but miffed): You've heard of me?  I certainly haven't heard of you!  What's going on around here?

Rose: I live here -- and we've been expecting you for some time -- and Sinthia, too.  Is she here?

Ashleigh:  You live here?  But... this is supposed to be my home!

Jasmine jumps up on the bed beside Rose.

Jasmine:  Hey!  Are you Ashleigh?  I'm Jasmine!  We're so glad to finally meet you!

Rose (under her breath): Apparently she's not all that glad to meet us.

Ashleigh: There's MORE of you?!  (waggles her index finger back and forth)

Ashleigh: No!

Ashleigh: Absolutely not!

Ashleigh: No, no, no, no, NO!

Jasmine: But Ashleigh, we're a family here -- and now you are part of it.

Rose: She's right -- I couldn't have said it better myself.  Welcome to the Pyramid family.

Ashleigh: But... family?  I... I...  Really?

Ashleigh:  I'm sorry.  I didn't understand.  Thank you.

Jasmine springs across the bed and hugs Ashleigh.

Jasmine: I'm so glad you're finally home!

Ashleigh:  So am I, Jasmine.  So am I.

Day 2 Gallery: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=609

Kroff

• Sr. Resident
  • NO MA'AM
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 03:42:41 AM »
Excellent !  ;D

And very funny too !  :P
Don't Tread On Me

B-Zilla

• Sr. Resident
  • "The Pun-isher"
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 03:56:45 AM »
It looks like Ashleigh's got a lot to take in.  I bet Sinthia's just going to do a booby-flop, straight into bed.  :P

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 06:22:45 AM »
Sweet story:) and the detail of your posing is fantastic!
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

stellatus

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 08:52:16 AM »
Haha, classic. Glad to see Rose and Jasmine got in on the action. Jasmine's such a sweety, love that second last pic. Always astounds how much personality you can get out of those two. Can't help wondering how Percy the python will react to the newcomers :D

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM »
Excellent.

This just gets better and better!

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

happiness

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 10:30:13 AM »
 :D Yay King Tut!!!!!!! Congratulations on your two new beautiful ladies. They are exquisite!!!! I've always loved your
photo shoots of Jasmine and Rose! I look forward to seeing more of the whole family.  ^-^ You are a master at posing,
and those expressions are priceless! How do you do it?  :)  :-*
I've never met a Doll I didn't like!!!

velouria

• New Resident
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 12:22:05 PM »
Very sweet story, Tut! Ashleigh's immediate response to your Teddybabes reminds me of her question "do you like her" about the Black Angel doll in the hallway. Her soft but sometimes jealous personality is really shining through.
Broadcast live from the Dahl House.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 01:09:27 PM »

Just one word... Awwwwwwwwwwwww... :angel:

Keep up the fantastic work Tut. litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, and Marla.

KingTut

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 01:20:02 PM »

Thank you everybody.  I'm loving your reactions almost as much as the shoots themselves.  :)

<image removed for brevity>

Just one word... Awwwwwwwwwwwww... :angel:

Keep up the fantastic work Tut. litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, and Marla.

Thanks LL.  I must admit that after I posed that shot I got a bit misty.  I thought about taking a picture showing the hug from the other side.  It was also very sweet, but didn't fit the needs of the story.  I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing it now, though -- it would have been a nice supplemental picture in the gallery.

KingTut

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 12:46:50 AM »
DAY 3: BODY DETAILS

Today, Sinthia is going to take you on a tour of her many notable body features, some of which are standard on the Sinthetics body 2D and others that were custom applied for her.  Strike a pose, my dear!

The first stop on our tour is not actually on her body, but is Sinthia's face.  If you look closely, you will notice two custom features: much of her face is covered in light-colored freckles, and she has 3D painted eyebrows.  The 3D paint process as applied by Matt gives the illusion of real hair -- even in real life.

Our next stop is her lovely hands.

Note the knuckles and joint creases.

Even the nailbeds look right under her French manicure.

The finger detailing even includes some application of color to add to the realism.

As we turn the hand over, we see an incredibly realistic palm.  No tricks or stunt doubles here, this is Sinthia's palm.

Again, note the application of pigment to add realism.

The only place where we lose a bit of the realism is when looking at the fingernails straight on where you can see the silicone adhesive that was used to bond the fingernails into the nailbeds.

Next stop: Feet!

Like the palms, the bottoms of Sinthia's feet are incredibly detailed, with ridging and creases like that found on any adult woman's foot.

And again, note the addition of pigment to heighten the realism.

The top of her foot is dainty and beautifully formed.  I should take note that the toes on the 2D cannot be posed like the fingers -- they are floppy and don't have posing wires in them.  I should also note that some of her toes are attached to each other!  They can be separated by gently pulling them apart, but I believe this is intentional.

EDIT: I realize from some of the comments following this post that the mention of floppy toes may be perceived as a negative.  That is certainly not the case!  The toes tend to naturally do the right thing, but can't be posed like fingers.  The floppiness just came as a surprise to me.

Above is one more view of her feet with Sinthia posed on her belly.

We'll take a quick trip up from Sin's feet to look at her lovely leg.

Apologies for the lighting.  :(  But you can see that her legs have beautiful, natural curves.  This is despite the fact that Matt had to lengthen the legs of the 2D from the original 3D printout by three inches in order to match the expected height of the doll to 5' 5"/1.65m.

I'm going to ask Sinthia to turn on her side for a bit so we can get a good look at the freckling on her shoulders.

The freckles on Sinthia's back, shoulders and upper arms are a custom feature and this is the first time Matt has ever done them.  They were done in the same color as on Sinthia's face -- about two shades darker than her Peaches skin tone and a bit more yellow-brown.  (Note that Ashleigh has darker freckles on her face.)

Matt told me that Bronwen had always done the freckles on Sinthetics faces, so he was a bit unsure of how to approach doing them.  So when people visited the shop he would ask them "do you have freckles?" and if they said yes, he'd have them remove their shirts so he could use them as a model for my girls!

As you can see, it worked.  Her freckles are wonderfully realistic.

Let's heat things up a bit and move on to what are now being referred to as "Tut's Tits".

The first thing to notice is that the 2D breasts have a very natural lay to them.  They don't have the look of being the product of plastic surgery.

But here's the custom part: look at the areola below.

Notice that it is proportional to the size of the breast.  I just measured both and they are right at 2" in diameter.  I'd asked Matt to use this larger areolae diameter to better match the size of Sinthia's breasts.

Now look closer...

Do you see how the pigment fades from brown to pink and almost fades out but then is surrounded by a darker "halo"?  Almost like it was drawn in with eyeliner pencil?  I asked Matt specifically to apply this pigmentation treatment.

I noticed this effect often and have always found it attractive.  Apparently I'm not the only one who has noticed it.  Plastic surgeons will often take advantage of the areolae ring for performing breast enhancement surgery -- effectively hiding the surgical scar in the ring rather than in the fold under the breast.

Matt told me that just about everyone coming into the shop commented on how good the areolae looked on this doll.  The effect is subtle, but it is very natural-looking and attractive.  I'm very pleased with how they turned out.  :)  And here at ODC, thanks to B-Zilla, this paint application is becoming known as the "Tut's Tits" option.

Before jumping to the naughty bits, let's take a side trip to Sinthia's navel.

What can I say?  I love a nice-looking "innie" navel, and this one is perfect.  While you can't see it in these photos, the navel deforms into a wonderful oblong shape when Sinthia's back is arched.

Okay off to see Sinthia's nether regions...

There are a couple of things to note here.  The first is the bikini patterned, ginger red pubic hair.  This is applied one hair at a time using a special punch to embed each hair into the silicone.  The hair holds very well if left alone, but can be pulled out.  This is a great option for photo dolls, but maybe not so much for "sports" dolls where friction is likely to remove hairs on each use.

The other thing to notice is that this doll has the removable "Honey Pot" insert.  When Sinthia's legs are together, as they are in this photo, the illusion of a living pubic region is almost indisputable.  As the legs are spread wider apart, stretching the labia majora, the illusion begins to dissolve as the labia minora stay centered rather than stretching with the rest of the pelvic region.  For most photo use, though, the honey pot is still a great option.  And for a sports doll, it's a hygienic necessity.

Finally, let's take a look at the voluptuous 2D butt.

The butt is shapely and pleasantly bubble-shaped without being huge.

In the photo above, you can see the "Baloon Knot" insert that comes standard with every Sinthetic.  I may have put it in wrong for this photo.  :-[

Here you can see the butt from a doggy position.  And now you can see how the illusion of a real pubis is broken when the legs are spread on an insert doll.  This doesn't happen on a doll with built-in entries.  And, while I haven't tried it, there may be a way to temporarily cement the honey pot in a way that will allow it to deform with the labia majora, preserving the illusion.

And now, just for fun and because Sinthia was in the mood for it, a few more pictures of Sinthia in a doggy crawl.

Day 3 Gallery: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=610

Kroff

• Sr. Resident
  • NO MA'AM
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 02:57:05 AM »
This new set of photos is a wonderful review, thanks a lot KT. I think it's the first time a Sinth is detailed so well.

The only place where we lose a bit of the realism is when looking at the fingernails straight on where you can see the silicone adhesive that was used to bond the fingernails into the nailbeds.

I'd like to see this improved and I'm going to ask to Sinthetics if the nails could be glued in a temporary and much more discrete way - knowing the consequence of such a choice.

I should take note that the toes on the 2D cannot be posed like the fingers -- they are floppy and don't have posing wires in them.  I should also note that some of her toes are attached to each other!  They can be separated by gently pulling them apart, but I believe this is intentional.

I'm not sure wires could be a huge plus in matter of poses, but in strengthening them they would be less fragile. I'm pretty sure if some toes are attached together it's intentional indeed, to prevent damages during dressing for instance.

The freckles on Sinthia's back, shoulders and upper arms are a custom feature and this is the first time Matt has ever done them.

They look great and it's a very good job. Well done !

The first thing to notice is that the 2D breasts have a very natural lay to them.  They don't have the look of being the product of plastic surgery.

I do agree ! Too many dolls have bombshells and that doesn't look realistic at all.

I'm also impressed by the navel : It looks so real...  :)
Don't Tread On Me