Author Topic: Smart Doll  (Read 10159 times)

mannequindisplay

• Resident
Re: Smart Doll
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 06:18:55 AM »
She's cute ....    and wow that is a lot of info to take in on their site and she would make a cool subject to take around in the summer time and do some photo shoots with.  I see that today as either it's a stuffed toy or something but they seem to travel around more then I do  :)   Right now they are not taking orders but I did price on as 58000 Yen is 610  Canadian if I got that price right as I seen some Japanese dolls going close to $1000 and you thought buying a life size doll was pricy but 6 of these dolls and you got a big doll  :) and once you start on one doll of course you want more...  it just happens . 

James

Polaroid

• Sr. Resident
  • Doll Paparazzi
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »
There is a motorized version and he has posted two video of it in his vine account here https://vine.co/u/979593610871951360

mannequindisplay

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 12:20:20 PM »
They move interesting but do we need a moving doll as I guess if you want to do video's other then that a doll that is very human like posing is all you need for great photo's

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 12:03:21 AM »

I just love this pic of her!!! :angel:

Take care! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, and Michiko.

Polaroid

• Sr. Resident
  • Doll Paparazzi
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 06:00:35 AM »
Quick video I made at Anime Expo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bjGpvyDANpU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bjGpvyDANpU</a>
There are some photo in ODC gallery

mannequindisplay

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2014, 09:55:20 AM »
Well you done the video but did you take one home with you :)    I was reading his page you can buy extra torso with bigger boobs with her nipples as the standard dolls with  t-shit doesn't have her nipples  as  it's not proper to walk around  with  but helll I seen real women waking around in T's and you can see her nips  :laugh:

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 01:55:22 AM »
Today we sat in at a panel with Danny Choo to hear what the latest news with his dolls. There were also lots of customer dolls on display. I was especially interested in a Yoko version since I made a costume for Ceilidh. I took some pictures with my iPad and loaded them in my ODC gallery however I can't post them because of the iPad. So take a look at Snuggles up to his old tricks :whistle:

fukyondo2

• New Resident
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 11:54:11 AM »
That jointed doll is super hot

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2015, 03:11:07 PM »
Wow. :drool:
Now that is a project in which I would have loved to participate. It really is a pity that this will not work for ScoonimDolls because they are only 1:6 scale. But it might be a reason for me do consider developing a ScoonimDoll in 1:3.  Needless to say That I will continue to follow this project with great interest.
Thank you for sharing Incred! :thumb:

Koen
Koen, as realistic as your dolls are at 1/6 scale, they would be stunning if made larger. Your modeling and mechanical skills along with the addition of robotics would be nothing short of spectacular!!
Based on what women say they want, I'm the Perfect Man!
...No wonder I've been so lonely!!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2015, 03:18:59 PM »
If you are from Down East, Maine... It would be a "Wicked Smaht" Doll...  ;D
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Koen

• Doll Manufacturer
  • New Resident
  • Designer and manufacturer of ScoonimDolls
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 05:08:43 AM »
Koen, as realistic as your dolls are at 1/6 scale, they would be stunning if made larger. Your modeling and mechanical skills along with the addition of robotics would be nothing short of spectacular!!

That may be, Szalinski. But, as said before, the costs involved are not within my reach to develop such a doll. And from what I can tell now it will be highly unlikely to make it profitable or even to break even in sales because the prices for such dolls would be astronomical, which limits the amount of buyers and consequently increases the investment risks.  My guess is that Danny Cho came to this same conclusion.

Koen
Creator of ScoonimDolls
Scoonimdolls - Bolides in the class of 12" dolls

Dollstudio

• Resident
    • Dollstudio
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2015, 06:37:16 PM »
You might want to read this: http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/27287/Smart+Doll+Plus.html

Cheers,
-Ira

theodoric

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2016, 08:26:54 AM »
well ... April 1st is again approaching ... "April Fool's Day" ... the original 60cm robotic doll that Danny started to develop ... never materialized

last April Fool's Day Danny teased every one with pics of a 120cm robotic doll he was supposedly working on because the 60cm version was costing too much to get things like the miniature servos developed/made ... and after the initial post ... nothing ... not a single new pic or any new information ... (sounds a LOT like the old Valerie and Roxxxy snake-oil projects)

anyone want to hazard a guess about what sort of bullshit robotic doll project Danny pretends to be working on this year ... after all, if he can generate interest in a non-existant robotic doll project ... it should boost sales of his non robotic dolls ... which is all he seems to really want to do

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2017, 07:50:28 PM »
I had forgotten all about these dolls. They are absolutely stunning!
The only thing is that I can't figure out if they're sexy or cute... for sure she's the prettiest USB hub I ever saw!  :thumb: