Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Auction Block / Re: Racyme Doll needs to go
« Last post by Luke26921 on Today at 04:58:18 AM »
Would love to give her a new home if still available, Pm sent.
Dolls in General / Re: finelovedolls.com
« Last post by Doc Brown on Today at 01:10:00 AM »
If you got that information from me, :whistle:   it must have been quite a while ago, as I have learned quite a lot about TPE in the almost 2 years that April has been with me!  ^-^

No Sir, not from you. That advice abounds another doll forum as a reason to buy silicone.  :whistle:

Luvs mah TPE girl and now that I've been doing those Vaseline rubdowns...  :thumb:

Nice dude! If you can afford it and it's helping, than it's well worth it!
Dolls in General / Re: Self Standing Dolls
« Last post by incred on Today at 12:44:50 AM »
I would rather have a back bolt than hang her from the head. Especially with that glorified BX conduit. If, and probably when the neck breaks it is all over. If the nut breaks off in her back, oh well, continue enjoying your doll.

The nut in the back is to locate the skeleton in the mold, and is normally covered over in the finishing process. Since it is welded to the skeleton it won't hurt the doll if she hangs out in your closet.

Even dressing a doll that can stand is still tougher than dressing her while she is suspended.

The two main reasons for the back bolt is storage/dressing the doll, and for adding a modifier when she loosens up.

« Last post by crazycajun on Today at 12:26:31 AM »
Well April will be 2 years in November, and she can still stand just fine. Like Ting, she can no longer stand unless she is standing straight, she can now, only do poses where she is not straight if she has something to lean on or she will fold up like a bill fold, but she can stand straight. I could not imagine trying to dress or shower a doll that could not stand. But then I have never done so, so I have no experience in doing so. Just a view point from someone who has never owned a doll that could not stand.

« Last post by Ray Rentell on Yesterday at 11:58:35 PM »
Have to add that a doll that cannot be suspended in some way, either a neck/back  system will be very unpleasant to try to dress.
Your used to a doll ,a Sin, with a means of suspension so you know even then its a bastard job dressing dolls .... :laugh:

From what I have read TPE dolls can be suspended from the bolt that attaches the head, so to dress them you would not need a back /neck bolt if you did not want one one .

As soon as the doll is dressed attach head and then stand her up.
Same for the "spinner", after shes dressed store or play with her as Patrick advises .
Maybe the way she is made is different to RD and Sins so that is why Patrick does not advise long time suspension .

The travails of the new doll buyer ........lol

So a standing doll is only for a short term sadly if you move the limbs repeatably form my little experience with them .

Ting did this pose by balance alone but as soon as the back loosened it was longer possible to do this, she would flop down and fall

Mechadolls / Re: Mechadolls Paula & Isabell
« Last post by Dr.Johns on Yesterday at 11:23:29 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Perhaps, I'm to gentle . . . Your right incred . . . She deserves just a little spank  ;)
Dolls in General / Re: finelovedolls.com
« Last post by crazycajun on Yesterday at 10:45:21 PM »
Doc; I am really sorry, but I do not know or at least I don't remember. As to porosity, it is porous, that is correct. And if it is low on oils sort of speak or "in a dry state" it will absorb water, but if the oils are kept at a somewhat high level it will not want to absorb water, if left long enough it will, but it would take some time.

If you got that information from me, :whistle:   it must have been quite a while ago, as I have learned quite a lot about TPE in the almost 2 years that April has been with me!  ^-^ 

« Last post by oleesheetmon on Yesterday at 10:38:27 PM »

So the back bolt would not be a reliable means of keeping a TPE doll upright?  I'm having a neck bolt added to my spinner from PIB but even though she will be platinum silicone, Patrick isn't recommending I keep her hanging for extended periods.  Guess I'm a bit confused about this unless Sinthetics and Real Dolls does something different in incorporating their neck bolts into the doll.

But I'm getting off topic a bit.  Ideally, I would have a neck bolt for any doll I order but a self standing doll would be the next best thing and would help with dressing / undressing.  I just don't want a neck bolt that impacts the dolls structural integrity
« Last post by incred on Yesterday at 10:09:09 PM »
Olee, it is just a matter of getting her to balance. As long as the ankle joint is tight the foot plate is enough to hold the doll up.

I spread her legs a bit to get a greater "base" to make it easier to support her. I also stand on her feet as I get her to balance.

For some reason her toes curl up a bit so her feet look better in shoes  ;D

As long as she can lean on something even one foot is not a problem;

If you are ordering a new doll I would ask if they could add a neck bolt, or more of a back bolt;

Annie from Unique doll was able to get that added for me. Maybe Passion Dolls can too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10