Author Topic: Happy to have placed my order !  (Read 8521 times)

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
Re: Happy to have placed my order !
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2017, 12:21:27 PM »
Have you called or emailed?

As usual. No answer or updates since 4 months. So it's why I ask if someone received news.

Sorry to hear that.
From what I've read in other posts, this is nothing new. Communication has always been poor.
I hope you her something soon.  :thumb:

betamkii

• Resident
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2017, 02:45:04 AM »
I haven't heard from them for roughly the same amount of time. Last I heard from them was near the end of February when Bronwen said the replacement head (for the one that got damaged in shipping) "should ship next week". I've sent two emails since then asking for an update and with a few questions about repairs.
Owner of a Sinthetics 2D Alicia/Celeste - 12/12/16

De Motte

• New Resident
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2017, 01:41:23 PM »
A tragedy happened to a doll company in 2014. Their factory was burned down in the fire. They had some problems about the uncertainty of the delivery date and the lack of contacts. The fire changed all of their dolls in production to ashes. All the production lines and the tools and the PC containing all the data also burned to ashes. That despair will not be hard to imagine.

Although it seemed that the fire took away all from them, fortunately the molds and the customer list that was in the safe did not burn out. They confirmed that the molds all function normally in one room of the employee's house. After six months waiting for a new factory to be completed and resume production, they announced the tragedy that happened to themselves and suspending new orders indefinitely until they have shipped orders on-hand. Customers who have already waited on a yearly basis were desperate to be forced to wait further. However, their decision to stop ordering and work on manufacturing was accepted by customers. Order stop means no income.
Two years later in 2016, they resumed accepting new orders. They put their company back on track with no income for two years.

It is a story I heard recently, but it actually happened.
I believe that the customers supported the company was not just pity.

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2017, 05:43:14 PM »
A tragedy happened to a doll company in 2014. Their factory was burned down in the fire. They had some problems about the uncertainty of the delivery date and the lack of contacts. The fire changed all of their dolls in production to ashes. All the production lines and the tools and the PC containing all the data also burned to ashes. That despair will not be hard to imagine.

Although it seemed that the fire took away all from them, fortunately the molds and the customer list that was in the safe did not burn out. They confirmed that the molds all function normally in one room of the employee's house. After six months waiting for a new factory to be completed and resume production, they announced the tragedy that happened to themselves and suspending new orders indefinitely until they have shipped orders on-hand. Customers who have already waited on a yearly basis were desperate to be forced to wait further. However, their decision to stop ordering and work on manufacturing was accepted by customers. Order stop means no income.
Two years later in 2016, they resumed accepting new orders. They put their company back on track with no income for two years.

It is a story I heard recently, but it actually happened.
I believe that the customers supported the company was not just pity.

Sad story but it's in no way related to Sinthetics and the topic.

Some customers here are hitting their 5 years wait soon so I would say you're pretty early in your order. She will arrive but I guess in a few years... when you order a Sinthetics doll you know you have at the very least 4 or 5 years to wait to get your doll.

De Motte

• New Resident
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2017, 03:57:40 PM »
I filed a victim report to Wells Fargo. And now I've got an answer saying that my complaint was handed over to their investigations team. I was advised to seek legal advice at the same time.

94elmwood

• New Resident
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2017, 05:25:18 PM »
Have  you paid for your doll in full.Sinthetics claim  that the reason why people haven't gotten their dolls is because they haven't paid for them in full..Im just trying to find out who is telling the truth

Kurvengeier

• New Resident
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2017, 09:31:29 AM »
You make the final payment when your order is ready to construction, you will also recive a email from Sinthetics for the final payment.

Here is what happend to me:
I have order a 2D at December 2013, my Deposit was 5600USD, and 533USD remaining balance, Sinthetics responded with 12-15 weeks delivery.
So 3,5 years later, i am still not at at the Waitlisted Status, where Sinthetics ask for the final payment.
I asked for a full refund at march 2017, but i got no answear from Sinthetics.

I have give it now to my Lawyer, and wait what happens.

De Motte

• New Resident
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2017, 12:34:25 PM »
I received the request "Please pay the balance as soon as possible" from Sinthetics, so I immediately paid in full through bank transfer. That was in February 2016.

I had a vague feeling the fact that my transferred money would change to someone's doll's production cost or their other activities expenses. Why did I pay for them? Because they told me definitely the shipping deadline and I believed in their actual words not here. Even though there are lots of warnings... this may be my responsibility. Probably, someone's money would have been used for the shaping of my doll. I am sorry for this. Who can stop this negative chain? Only by Sinthetics themselves, right? If they do nothing? All of us involved in this negative chain are responsible for everyone. Friends of Sinthetics, will the doll be delivered someday? Feel the responsibility.
At least I feel it. Never use other people's money for my doll any more. I do coolly under the law what I should do.

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2017, 04:23:17 PM »
Your money was probably used to make your doll.  The delay is usually due to the labor intensive finishing process.  Almost every doll has some sort of custom finish work which just keeps adding to the delay.  To the best of my knowledge, no other doll company's finishing process is even close to being as complex and labor intensive as Sinthetics, but that becomes fairly evident when comparing dolls.

We just visited the shop and there are quite a few dolls in different phases of finishing and even more waiting to be finished.  It is highly likely that your doll is one of those.

We got to meet the new customer service person who just started so hopefully the communication black hole will soon become a thing of the past.

I hope you get to see your doll soon.

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2017, 08:36:40 PM »
We got to meet the new customer service person who just started so hopefully the communication black hole will soon become a thing of the past.

I wouldn't bet on that. We have been hearing that twice a year for many years. To my knowledge no team stayed at Sinthetics very long (or been fired) and no new Customer service person ever communicated with us. Moreover Sinthetics is no longer posting here. The communication part has never been as worst than it is right now. It's a decision I find very hard to understand. I find that attitude very hostile to all of us who have been continually supporting them and their works over the years. I wouldn't ask for change because I know by experience that it always fell into deaf ears. Wait and see/not see.

I think Demotte's attitude quite unrefined, inadapted and bitter. That spirit of revenge is deplorable. He knew the wait for a Sinthetics would be long but like he said...this may be his responsability. Hope he get his sex doll soon though.

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2017, 10:22:16 PM »
I wouldn't bet on that.

Your pessimism is duely noted.  These are the types of comments that have driven them away from forum participation.

prepares for the usual onslaught of useless retorts

De Motte

• New Resident
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2017, 06:04:14 AM »

I wouldn't bet on that. We have been hearing that twice a year for many years. To my knowledge no team stayed at Sinthetics very long (or been fired) and no new Customer service person ever communicated with us. Moreover Sinthetics is no longer posting here. The communication part has never been as worst than it is right now. It's a decision I find very hard to understand. I find that attitude very hostile to all of us who have been continually supporting them and their works over the years. I wouldn't ask for change because I know by experience that it always fell into deaf ears. Wait and see/not see.

I think Demotte's attitude quite unrefined, inadapted and bitter. That spirit of revenge is deplorable. He knew the wait for a Sinthetics would be long but like he said...this may be his responsability. Hope he get his sex doll soon though.

Thank you very much for totally inept criticism. You seem to need some imagination.
My responsibility is to MYSELF. Is it the first time you learned that way of thinking? That responsibility and responsibility of Sinthetics are totally different issues. You can understand if you live in a law-abiding country.
Are you doing well for your sex doll?
waiting for your criticism

De Motte

• New Resident
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2017, 08:00:48 AM »
grenouille, still here?
Ok
My responsibility to myself is something I do not share with other people in my mind.
The responsibility of Sinthetics is the obligation to be pursued under the law.

Please tell me if I'm saying something wrong. Of course you can also criticize, but I hope that you can understand these differences.

Slader

• New Resident
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2017, 10:40:38 PM »

We just visited the shop and there are quite a few dolls in different phases of finishing and even more waiting to be finished.  It is highly likely that your doll is one of those.

I hope you get to see your doll soon.

Z-Dr,
  It seems to me that you are in close contact with Bronwen and Matt. If I remember correctly, you were the Wiz behind getting their email back up and running a while ago :). Here is what I have going on. Everyone please note that this is NOT a smear post, nor in anyway trying to cause trouble. I am just, frankly, trying to get some information. My balance was asked for, and paid immediately, over 2 years ago. Since then, at the "kitty" sale, I ordered more heads. This was the only time that Sinthetics had responded to my contacts, to pay for the additional order.  I am completely in the dark, doll-less, and my wallet is slimmer by just shy of 10K. Now, all that being said, let it be clear, I KNEW that I was expecting a longer than stated wait time. This is knowledge that is well documented on the forum. What I did not expect was the lack of contact, in fact, no contact. So I implore you, since it seems that you were just there and spoke with the Sin Team, what is going on??? If they are not on the forum, and do not answer emails or phone calls, what are us customers- that are paid in full and promised delivery years ago- supposed to do? I have surmised, by your post, and I could be COMPLETELY wrong, that you are friends with Matt and Bronwen. If this is true, can you help to shed some light on the situation at the Sinthetics shop? Did they complete the rumored move to LV, or still in CA? Why do we not get any answers to numerous contacts?  Why are so many "paid" customers without there orders or updates? And when I say "paid" I know that some people think that all the customers that are posting negative comments are in fact, not paid. I do not know the truth of that matter.  I do and can speak to my personal order- PAID IN FULL over 2 years ago. Please sir, if you have answers, you would be doing ODC, Sinthetics, and of course their customers a HUGE favor by sharing. Thank you.

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2017, 01:18:11 AM »
Hello Slader,

A group of us from ODC just visited Sinthetics last weekend as part of our annual DollLAPalooza pilgrimage to Southern California.  We visited a couple other manufacturers as well.  At Sinthetics, we saw lots of dolls and faces in various stages of finishing as well as several new sculpts in process.

In answer to your question about the move, no, they chose to remain in California at the same location in East Los Angeles.

Not to make excuses, but Sinthetics has had their share of challenges that has severely affected their ability to deliver product with any sort of regularity.  They have ongoing staffing issues.  I really doubt dollmaking and finishing is considered a mainstream career path. :whistle:  Making and finishing Sinthetics dolls is a very labor intensive process, much more so than for other doll manufacturers.  There is a lot of training that has to happen before any new staff member becomes self sufficient.  In case you hadn't noticed, Matt is a perfectionist.  Without the right skilled staff, Matt is the only one who can do it all, including training new people, which of course is an issue since he has so many different things to deal with on a day to day basis.  As a result, things get delayed.

As far as the communication issue, it is an ongoing dilemma that Bronwen has to struggle with every day.  If you have ever communicated with Bronwen, you probably know that she is very detailed and thorough in all her responses.  She tries to be as accurate as possible on her shipping estimates, however, she really has no control over the process.  She is still the one that has to deal with the customers.  Nobody likes to be wrong so I imagine it is really tough on her when she can't provide accurate estimates.  I would hate to be in her position.  I'm guessing the lack of communication is a result.

I am optimistic that things will improve.  I think having a dedicated customer service person will offload Bronwen to the point where she can start to get caught up.  They have some new people in the shop, so hopefully that will help, too.