Author Topic: Newest Beachcomber is coming!  (Read 806 times)

akira-fan

• Resident
Newest Beachcomber is coming!
« on: May 17, 2017, 10:51:50 AM »
I’ve got official confirmation (as of 8:27 this morning EST) of a doll coming. Yah!  :yipee:

I think (not completely sure yet ???) his name will probably be “Andy” (though the grey wig makes him look like Robin from Fire Emblem: Awakening :laugh:) after the tragic hero of one of the half-finished novels on my laptop. In fact, they have a lot in common: They’re both cute, ;D blonde and gay. They are also both kind, gentle and extremely likable, but if you cross them…

Okay, the written one is 16, the silicone\TPE (whichever) one is 19 so there’s at least ONE difference. :laugh:

While “Andy” has taken on many of “Akira’s” personality traits which means he’s a fan of animation (“Akira” was anime\Hentai, “Andy” is more Disney\Dreamworks) and a big fan of Nintendo games. He also likes swimming and dolphins… but “Akira” would give him Hell if he ever went through with his “biggest dream.”  :scold:

He also considers himself a fierce defender of the environment and various social justice causes (though most of his attn lately is to Autism\Disability causes :angel: ). Like “Akira,” he’s not a fan of marine parks, but he loves zoos\aquariums. 

akira-fan

• Resident
Re: Newest Beachcomber is coming!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:58:09 AM »
MORE fun facts:
  • Andy[/color]” is a soccer fanatic (Fortunately for him, the Orlando Lions [MLS] play d-town and the Florida Tropics SC [minor league] are in Lakeland) and a casual fan of both baseball and occasionally football.
  • As stated in previous posts, “Akira” worked at Water Country USA in Williamsburg, VA. “Andy[/color]” (like me) is a veteran of McDonalds and Subway, and is looking forward to his new “modeling” career. ;D
  • “Akira” was an only child (though he knows who “William” and “Gabriel” are ;) ), but “Andy[/color]” may or may not be related to one or more dolls on this forum (his original last name was going to be “Peterson,” but I dropped it).
  • Andy[/color]” likes Cars (he’s super excited about the third installment ;D ) and Moana. He loves Frozen (he refuses to “Let It Go” :laugh: ), Zootopia , Big Hero 6 (another sequel he’s ecstatic about). He’s probably the only person who remembers – let alone likes – The Wild Life and Nick Cage’s The Croods. :p

Stephanie Doll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 06:32:26 PM »
Congrats! I know you've been wanting a doll for some time. Hopefully he'll be worth the wait.

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 06:40:58 PM »
Congratulations; the wait is almost over!  Horay! 

:fireworks:
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 07:36:40 PM »
I can't wait to see him :) You deserves having a doll of your own after these months of wait. I hope he's all you've been dreaming of.

:)

akira-fan

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 02:17:55 PM »
I was looking at his Tracking number, and I kind of like the name "Dylan" for him too (as he shipped from Dalian, China  :P). Eh, I'll just wait until he gets here. I would have named him "Ethan" after my favorite game character :)... but someone beat me to it.  :( >:(

The point of my above posts was to differentiate the two dolls from each other, but I think some of you are conflating them anyway. :( I ordered "Akira" on June 14, 2016 and doubt he is ever arriving >:( - that's why I ordered the DS-Male doll above on April 2nd ("Autism Awareness Day," hence the line in the above post) so it's only been a month and a half which compared to the nearly year-long wait for "Akira" isn't as bad.  :laugh:

He is scheduled to arrive in Orlando on Monday, but I am hoping since he is already in the US that he could be delivered on Friday (...unless they plan on driving it via UPS Ground from Cincinnati. Why they'd drive it there when there are direct flights from CVG to MCO, idk ::) )

akira-fan

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 08:27:04 PM »

Now, all I got to figure out is where to store my photos (currently stored, but not posted, at my blog - I started a new photo blog so I'm thinking of moving them there). I also thought of changing my user name to something more appropriate as I'm liking not getting "Akira" anytime soon.

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 04:23:15 AM »
And the anticipation heightens!   :)  :)  :)

The wait "At least this one will soon be over"!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Ah! And the Enjoyment and Excitement!  8)  8)  8)

Congrats are awaiting!  :D  :D  :D

CrazyCajun and the Girls!

akira-fan

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 08:19:28 PM »
I was home all day today just to get a call at 2:!5pm from DHL saying "the package associated with the tracking number 66...592 requires a signature for delivery. Unfortunately, no-one was available at the time of delivery. We will try again on the next available delivery date."

WHAT?  >:( >:( >:(

I was supposed to receive updates from them when it "on route," but I never received a single text. As you saw from the photos, they included my home phone number in huge letters on the box so they could have called me (they need the code to get in the building anyway). I was in the room on the other side of the wall from the breezeway the entire fucking day. If they knocked, I would have heard them. No calls, no texts, nothing. >:( I'm hoping tomorrow is a delivery day (as Monday is a holiday in the US 8)).

On the plus side, the blonde wig I bought from Annie DID arrive today. ;D I haven't taken it out of the Ziplock bag yet to see if it's the color I thought it was, but I'll do that tomorrow... assuming the friend I ordered them for arrives. ;D

If he does arrive tomorrow, I'll start a new thread then. In the meantime, I need to assess my photo situation (I know, galleries require e-mailing that Ceej character, but if they are any good, I'll post to my new photo blog ;D and hopefully no-one will call me on having a "dept store mannequin" as a model).

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 09:09:33 PM »
akira-fan,

You wrote, "... galleries require e-mailing that Ceej character,... "

Ceej is not the gallery administrator. That would be Camp.

O0 O0 O0
"Green is in the mistletoe and red is in the holly
 Silver in the stars above that shine on everybody
 Gold is in the candlelight and crimson in the embers
 White Is In The Winter Night that everyone remembers

(2008) by Enya
Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

akira-fan

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 09:47:31 PM »
So we agree that it's a moderator whose name is 4 characters long and starts with a "C." ::)

Unfortunately, I don't really have time (okay, you got me, inclination) to contact either of them tonight anyway. Good night. Hopefully, I'll have good news tomorrow morning...