Author Topic: This may help people to carry heavier dolls  (Read 462 times)

Lance Romance

• New Resident
This may help people to carry heavier dolls
« on: May 19, 2017, 06:13:17 PM »
In my pre-doll-buying research here I've read several comments where people can't buy larger dolls because of their weight. I have a way to easily carry a heavier doll. Here's where my CIA training finally comes in handy. 
Ever see a 120-pound guy throw a 200-pound guy around like a rag doll?  There's a jiu jitsu technique called the Spring Hip Throw. A guy is facing you, you turn perpindicular to him so your right hip is facing his chest. You put your right arm around his back (at his waist) and grab his right arm with your left hand. You now push your right hip into his body as you bend over. His feet now leave the ground and at this point you would toss him onto the ground. If you stop the technique halfway, his center of gravity is on your hip and you can hold him there all day with no effort. I have moved large,heavy objects (like a grandfather clock) easily. You could carry a heavy doll like this all over your house with no problems or strength needed. If a 120-pound guy can lift a 200-pound guy with this technique, any one of us should be able to lift a 70-100 pound doll. Hope this helps someone.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
Re: This may help people to carry heavier dolls
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 09:36:29 PM »
This might work on a doll that is stiff, but dolls are also soft. You would have to be careful of her skin. Also you would have to be careful of her arms head and feet, that they don't hit stuff as you walk through the house.

We always say "plan your moves." When carrying a doll make sure your path is clear, and you have a place to put the doll when you get there.

If you look at the sticky at the top of Dolls in General, it will help you in carrying a doll  ;D

Lance Romance

• New Resident
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 07:22:20 AM »
People aren't stiff and this works well on people.  I forgot to mention to be careful of where the doll's fingers and toes are while carrying so you don't bang them on doorframes or whatever. Also, you wouldn't want to grab the doll's arm like you would a person's, but the technique of placing the doll's center of gravity on your hip should work and you should be able to carry her all over without feeling her weight. Try it. You'll be surprised how light she will feel.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 01:10:07 PM »
Perhaps when you get a solid silicone or TPE doll, you will better understand what Incred is trying to tell you. What you are describing sounds like a great way to bust a tit, cause an armpit tear, snap a spine, or damage an arm. Sex dolls are actually quite fragile. However, when handled and cared for properly, that can last for many years.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 02:27:03 PM »
I too mirror what Incred and Begog have to say.

For me, the best way to carry a doll while maintaining her center of gravity close to yours, yet still be safe for you and the doll is bear hug carry.
Stand in front of her and lower yourself (bending at the knees) such that your chest is under her boobies. Give her a big hug, place one hand under her bum, the other around the small of her back, arm bent such that your hand supports her upper back, and lift with her lower chest resting on your upper chest.  Most of her weight will be on your chest and on your hand that's under her bum.

Bridal carry works for many folks here. Its less risky to the doll who has big boobies, the draw back is her center of gravity is further away.

Always plan your moves and keep a 3rd eye out watching where those fingers and toes are at all times, they will snag on something when ever they get the chance! :P
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
  • She ain't heavy she's just rubber
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 02:31:18 PM »
If I got to take a doll up or down the stairs or even just across the other side of the room to hang on the stand I've always found Incred's way to be the best by far, similar to how he's showing the hold in this photo, only difference I make is I usually fold the dolls arms across her chest (under her tits) in such a way where I wont damage the fingers:

I still carry a heavyweight doll up and down the stairs like this (when my knees allow it), gave up the bridal carry hold in favour of this hold a long time ago because its a lot less stressful on my back and arms and safer for the doll.  This must be what you are saying Lance when you talk about keeping the centre of gravity at the hip?

And yep, totally agree with all above statements about careful planning and being especially careful of arms and hands. :thumb:

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 02:36:32 PM »
And when going up stairs i have found its best to go up backwards.
Sounds strange I know but feet and arms do not snag then especially when in socks on hands and feetsss.. ^-^
for album click the pic

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 05:56:16 PM »
It's amazing how they try to grab everything along the way.  :o
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Lance Romance

• New Resident
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 09:37:49 PM »
Glad I ran that idea past you guys first. I won't have my doll until around late June (if all goes as planned) but thought it would work. I guess I'll see what you guys are saying when I actually try to lift her. If I get the doll I'm looking at she'll be around 70 pounds. Sounds like they have a little artificial intelligence built in that makes them want to grab things they see while being carried...

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 01:51:20 AM »
Another little saying. "Nothing sticks to silicone except everything." TPE also applies here.

A variation of your idea may work, although I haven't tried it. Have the doll basically sit on your hip with her legs wrapped around you, and her arms wrapped around your neck. It works for carrying toddlers. 

Stephanie Doll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 07:12:08 PM »
Welcome.

I agree with the other posts. My thought that since he'd carried 100 pound people in the past that carrying a doll would be similar. It's VERY different. It certainly can be done but it's challenging and takes a while to get the hang of.

My understanding with Real Doll 2 models is that the weight is only about 70% of what the original Real Doll models were.

Lance Romance

• New Resident
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 03:32:06 AM »
Incred- I'll try your variation on her. The thing about having the weight on your hip makes whatever you're carrying feel light and easy to carry for longer periods or distances. Sounds like your idea will be safer for her hands and feet.

Lance Romance

• New Resident
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 11:22:00 PM »
What is getting damaged when carrying a doll? Are the fingers catching something and bending the wrong way and breaking?

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 12:28:52 AM »
That can happen. Feet get caught in doorways. Wack the dolls head into things. It is not only the doll, but the doll knocking stuff over. Dolls are not that fragile, but you don't want to keep smacking into stuff.