Author Topic: Ruby Kaput?  (Read 1272 times)

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
Re: Ruby Kaput?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 11:34:03 PM »
The doll market has certainly underwent changes in the last few years, and the changes will continue with stiffer competition and new and innovative products and manufacturing methods. The companies that survive will certainly have to step up a notch, no matter what level they are at "NOW".  It is looking like this year is becoming the birth year of AI in dolls, this feature will only increase and mature, it will not go away, also seeing more and more dolls "silicone and TPE" with better and newer technologies being used in skeleton designs and standing abilities. These are the core components and technologies needed to become true "Personal Assistants" and that will be their roles in tomorrows world!

As these technologies mature and the price points become lower, the general public will be introduced to dolls that will be able to perform useful tasks that will not have anything to do with sex, this will open the way for them to gain widespread public acceptance, with this widespread public acceptance will come the fall of the last barrier to truly robotic dolls.

EDIT:  I apologize for rambling! Only noticed it after posting and re-reading!
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 01:51:01 AM »
... I apologize for rambling! ...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/68X8o0S7vJc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/68X8o0S7vJc</a> ;)

:cheers:

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 12:12:45 PM »
 :o Damn! I really hope some reputable person picks to the Ruby line.
This is sad news indeed!

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »
I see the Ruby site is still up.
Does that mean he's found a way to keep it going?

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2017, 10:02:19 PM »
Re: The availability of male dolls debate, has anyone ever thought to ask the various manufacturers how many orders of male vs. female dolls they get? All I have to go by are the meets, but in the six I've attended I have seen only three different male dolls total, all the rest were female (at one single meet the ratio was well over twenty to one!). So going by that I would have to say that offering a larger number of male dolls probably would not have made that much of a difference.
Based on what women say they want, I'm the Perfect Man!
...No wonder I've been so lonely!!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 10:45:15 PM »
Re: The availability of male dolls debate, has anyone ever thought to ask the various manufacturers how many orders of male vs. female dolls they get? All I have to go by are the meets, but in the six I've attended I have seen only three different male dolls total, all the rest were female (at one single meet the ratio was well over twenty to one!). So going by that I would have to say that offering a larger number of male dolls probably would not have made that much of a difference.

Half of Sinthetics' sales are male dolls for your information.
Most TPE male manufacturers have come up with male dolls that are selling very well, especially the tall male dolls which are the most popular.

Ruby's problem was not much about the male dolls. It's just a sign they were not open to the male doll market simply. They regularly snobbed the male doll market when we asked them to make one. A decision I respect and honestly, the male doll community is expecting realistic male dolls, we're not much into fantasy looking dolls. It wouldn't have worked. Ruby wasn't much on the menu.

Their main issue was the lack of creations to me. They simply didn't make anything new for years. A company that only offer the same stuff for years get stale at one point. You don't become a great composer, if you only touch the piano keys once every year.