Author Topic: Oh shit.  (Read 344 times)

Zardoz

• Resident
Oh shit.
« on: June 05, 2017, 10:14:13 PM »
So, today, the most dreaded event happened: while adjusting my Sinthetic 1B, I felt something "give" in her back. When I lifted her to put her back on the stand, it was clear that something in her back had given way completely, and the hips were stretching away from the top of the body, held up now only by silicone. For now I straightened her legs and placed her feet on the ground to help support the weight while she's hanging from the neck bolt (having terrible visions of her tearing right in half); I won't be able to do anything more with her until tomorrow earliest.
Has anyone experienced this before with a Sin? As far as I can tell the failure is at the joint where the back can be flexed back and forth. Ideas what might have gone wrong, and how to fix it? Exploratory surgery will tell the tale, and I'll know more tomorrow.
Oh shit.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
Re: Oh shit.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 10:39:04 PM »
very sorry to hear this, this thread may help you.

http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=4327.0
for album click the pic

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 12:01:07 AM »
I'm sorry to hear this :(

Ray has a very helpful thread..  If I may suggest something, I think she should be laying down to be sure there is no deformation of any kind.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
  • She ain't heavy she's just rubber
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 10:05:20 AM »
That's dreadful news. :(
+1 for keeping the doll lying down to avoid stretching of the silicone.

Zardoz

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 04:36:36 PM »
Thanks all. And especially for the link to the LD back repair thread -- I don't have any experience with welding or machining parts, so I'll have to see what the damage is. I'm not sure if it's still plastic tubing in there, or if Sinthetics has upgraded that part of the skeleton along with upgrading the thighs to all-steel.
Unfortunately, I can't lay her down anywhere -- I have houseguests in and out for the next few weeks, and the doll has to stay locked away in a rather small closet, standing-room only.
For now, I've put her in a climbing harness which is hooked by webbing over the neckbolt, to limit the amount of sagging possible. I think cutting the back open to see wht went wrong will add to the stress on the rest of the silicone, so any operating will have to wait until July.
Ugh, this is awful.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 04:54:10 PM »
Damn. This IS awful. I hope she doesn't suffer any more damage waiting for repairs. Good luck.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 07:53:51 PM »
My apologies, the link was really just to show you in photos what to expect.
It might pay to drop Sinthetics an email asking for help as well.  :)
Not everyone can do the repair as described in the linked thread sadly.
As usual if no other help is coming you will come up with a solution Im sure ,hazards of maintaining dolls Im afraid .
Let us know how you get on
for album click the pic

Aikagi000

• Sr. Resident
  • Veronica M. Tsai         12/3/12  - Sinthetics b1H
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 12:00:38 AM »
damn, scary stuff. I hope it's only a mater of tubing and not a serious joint issue! I also hope the injury doesn't get worse over time from stretching. keep her under constant surveillance and examine for tears , feel for soft spots where the walls could be thinning. =o
“We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth at least the truth that is given us to understand. The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of the truthfulness of his lies.”
― Pablo Picasso

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 12:25:55 AM »
As long as her feet are on the floor she will be fine until you can examine her.

When you do get the chance to look at her, we will be here to help  :thumb:

Zardoz

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 02:44:36 AM »
Thanks guys! Your support and collective expertise means a lot to me. For now she's hoisted un a seat harness with legs straight and feet on the floor -- should be safe until I can slice into the back to see how the spine failed. I'll let you know!

KarmaMusic

• Resident
  • Infatuated with dolls, the best eye candy!
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 11:26:53 PM »
Sadly I think this was what happen to my kimberly Fox and now will have to fix her as well, beginner owner here that didn't know better, good to see how to go about the repair.
Making music with a harem of Fourteen dolls!
KarmaMusic

Zardoz

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 06:40:35 PM »
Here's a first, rather inadvertent peek at the damage. The doll had been hanging from the neck bolt, with extra support from a climbing harness since the break happened. Today I took her down to check it out a bit. The back split open spontaneously -- I immediately retrieved the shipping box, and will find a way to store the doll horizontally, somewhere, until my guests leave and I can begin in-depth repairs.

Probing a bit, it's clear that the pvc pipe failed, just as I've seen in other threads:

This is pretty bad.

ChikkinNoodul

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2017, 07:41:31 PM »
Ouch. That calls for some major surgery.