Author Topic: GoFundMe Campaign to Buy Ruby13!  (Read 210 times)

casquetero

• Lurker
GoFundMe Campaign to Buy Ruby13!
« on: July 10, 2017, 04:34:36 AM »
I barely post in here, but some people here even know me IRL, so I am sharing this with this community...

My name is Carlos and on the doll forums I am Casquetero or El Casque. I had been a sex toy reviewer / sex blogger for the past 7 years and when Jim announced the Ruby hiatus I saw it as an opportunity I had to explore.

For the past 3 weeks I had been doing my homework. I contacted Jim with some ideas and he is extremely receptive...but obtaining the necessary funding has been an uphill battle. I have contacted a couple of friends with interest in the sex toy / sex doll industry but they are unable to invest at the time due to other ventures. Checked with the SBA, but they do not lend to adult-related enterprises. I can use the equity on my house in Puerto Rico, but I need to be there to initiate the transaction - and knowing how the bank works in PR, it will easily take 6 months to process it... That left crowdfunding as the last option!

If you look at my blog, you will see that I had been reviewing sex toys for the past 7 years. In those years I have reviewed more than 200 masturbators, toys, and dolls of EVERY type. It is even possible that some of you in this forum have watched my YouTube videos and have asked for advice about toy and doll purchases. Lets say I have the understanding of what really works in a toy!

Like you, I am a sex doll owner. I have an exaggerated number of synthetic companions in my apartment with dolls of different makers and materials. Plush, silicone, TPE, - even some medical mannequins - and a couple of customs adorn my studio. Like many of you in this subforum, I also purchased a Ruby13 doll that is still in progress.

We all know that Jim is going to do his max to fulfill the pending orders by the time he promised, but the question is what will happen to Ruby afterwards?

There are other suitors, including at least one Chinese business. Something tells me that if a Chinese company purchases Ruby13, the doll will stop having the identity we love. Most likely, the material will switch to TPE and the Rubies will become yet another body type / face type available among the hundreds (thousands?) already in the market. Personally, as an admirer of Don's and Jim's work, I would prefer those designs to be part of an unique brand with its own identity. That's why I am pushing for this purchase.

If you want to contribute to this effort, please visit this link https://www.gofundme.com/keeping-the-ruby-13-legacy-alive.

I included some rewards for those people who contribute. Please note that the rewards are subject of my purchase of the company. IF THE PURCHASE DOES NOT HAPPEN I WILL REFUND ALL DONATIONS by November 2017.

The goal of the campaign (plus whatever other funding I can obtain from traditional methods) will cover the following:
1) Purchase of the Ruby brand as defined by Jim
2) Transfer of the operations to facility in NY
3) Development of 3 new heads - 2 "fantasy type" + 1 "realistic"
4) Development of at least 1 new body type
5) Development of new accessories
6) Promotion in live and online events

I will be traveling to Puerto Rico in two days and will have very limited access to the Internet during the next few weeks, but I will try to chime in to answer questions related to this effort.

Again, the crowdfunding link is https://www.gofundme.com/keeping-the-ruby-13-legacy-alive.

Thanks in advance!

Carlos (a.k.a. El Casque)

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Re: GoFundMe Campaign to Buy Ruby13!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 01:01:44 AM »
casquetero,

You wrote, "I barely post in here, ..." In fact this is your only post here. Do you seriously expect people to invest in a complete unknown with absolutely no trust built up? You may be legit, but this has all the earmarks of a scam.

:police: :police: :police:
""There's a powerful magic
 When two hearts are one!
 A  powerful magic
 Bright as the sun!"
   Once Upon A Time Mucisal

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

KarmaMusic

• Resident
  • Infatuated with dolls, the best eye candy!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 01:56:54 AM »
Hi Casquetro, See you finally came to see this form too, from TDF. still having those meets in NewYork.
Making music with a harem of Fourteen dolls!
KarmaMusic

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 10:19:47 AM »
I don't think people will invest in a company that doesn't interest much people anymore and as a consequence the lack of sales made them fall into that difficult situation. There is a bunch of fans, but they already own a ruby13 doll. If they want to take that risk, it's up to them. All the more that you only post here for the first time to catch money.

If the majority of customers don't look at ruby anymore, it's mainly due to the creative TPE competition which contrasts hugely with ruby13's passivity in terms of renewing their range of dolls and make them up to date.

If you want to be a successful doll company, the best advice is creating, creating and creating. Customers gets easily bored of viewing the same dolls again and again. Ruby13 chose the lazy road.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 02:21:17 PM »
Well, I can vouch for Carlos (a.k.a. Casquetero) that he is indeed a doll owner and in good standing at TDF. I have broken bread with him at a restaurant a couple times during a doll meet. So, this is not a scam, and he is indeed trying to resurrect Ruby. It would have been better if he had gotten to know us here first, as opposed to making this first post about donations. We have a busy chat program here, and a wonderful crowd using it. Posts are a bit sparse. I can't blame anyone who doesn't know of Carlos for being skeptical, as we doll folks get trolled constantly by outsiders with agendas. Good luck with your worthy quest.

Begog

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 10:02:06 PM »
Welcome Aboard Carlos.

Having met Don, and several of his creations, Its great to see someone within the community making the effort to keep Ruby alive.

And Thanks Begog, well said.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”