Author Topic: How to keep a wig attached?  (Read 353 times)

Xanthine

• New Resident
How to keep a wig attached?
« on: July 11, 2017, 01:33:22 AM »
Is there any way to keep a wig semi-permanently attached without damaging the dolls head? Or does it mainly come down to selecting wigs with a great fit/quality? Sorry if this is a noob question.

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
Re: How to keep a wig attached?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 07:34:48 AM »
I use straight pins. They are easily hidden in the doll's hair, hold the wig in place and easy to remove when you want to change the wig  ;D

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:50:39 AM »
On my silicone dolls I use a few drops of silicone.

It is easy to remove but holds very well.

Coral
Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

Starquake

• New Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 03:02:12 PM »
A wig cap or band can help with the fit.

They're little more than a length of stockinette or bandage tho in reality so you may have an old pair of stockings or something you could use to do the same job.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 03:53:32 PM »
And doll heads are quite small compared to organics, plus there is no hair to bulk out the fit.

If you glue tiny pieces of velcro to the silicone skulls front back and sides then the wig will hold

For TPE dolls Im not sure what would glue the velcro to them.

Well theres a few suggestions for you
for album click the pic

TripleA

• Doll Account
  • New Resident
  • Hanging with CrazyCajun and the rest of the Girls!
    • Miss Atleur
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 08:22:41 PM »
This may sound crazy, but I am spoiled so here goes. Go to a local Wig maker if you can, they can make a wig that will fit correctly, there are very few if any off the shelf wigs that will fit a doll correctly. Fit is everything!
 If you can't do that call Laurence Yates at LNY Wig Boutique and Hair Salon. Tell him April sent you he will take good care of you and will walk you through getting the measurements he needs. If you need an address or phone number visit missatleur.com or PM me!

If you don't remember anything else remember fit is everything. If it fits correctly it is a little difficult to get on, but it will not come off unless you take it off!

Cheers!
April Annabelle Atleur - AKA - TripleA

Link to all of my galleries:  http://missatleur.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=10003

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 10:38:11 PM »
Most wigs have adjustable bands with hooks. Simply hook the loop that best fits the head. For small heads (like 100cm dolls) you can crisscross the hooks.

even upside down the wig should hold;

You could also put the wig over the top of the ears for a more snug fit, but I wouldn't leave it that way for very long. It may dent the ears, or discolor them. Also if you absolutely have to have it stay on, but want to easily take it off, then use T-pins. (pins shaped like a T)

These dolls all have T-pins because they are bouncing around in a trailer.

Robotsexdoll

• New Resident
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 08:53:47 AM »
I got mine from love doll uk the are a good fit never come off better than what I got in town

DDdioxine

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 08:17:43 PM »
Most wigs have adjustable bands with hooks. Simply hook the loop that best fits the head. For small heads (like 100cm dolls) you can crisscross the hooks.

So that's how the hooks were supposed to work... :P

I cut off the end of an nylon sock and used as as a wig cap. Stable three pieces of the hooked side of Velcro strip onto the sock. If I have knowledge and equipment for sewing, I'll sew instead. Works very well and don't have to glue the Velcro onto the head and very sturdy.

DD.

TaliaLunari

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 08:24:46 PM »

Incred you are a lifesaver! You don't even know how many times I've sat there trying to figure out those stupid hooks!  :facepalm:
Hello there,
The angel from my nightmare,
The shadow in the background of the morgue.
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley.
We can live like Jack and Sally
If we want.