Author Topic: Weights  (Read 705 times)

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
Weights
« on: July 15, 2017, 07:03:37 AM »
Never got an answer from the manufacturer on this.
In his defense, he may be busy.

So, which weight is accurate?
Both captures are from within 5 minutes of this post on two pages of the MD site.

ttnlbtpd

• Sr. Resident
Re: Weights
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 01:27:53 PM »
The DD MD's are definitely around 85lbs. Their weight is very balanced for a doll there size.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!
Gallery: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=12735

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 02:32:18 PM »
Thank you.
Are the standard's any lighter at 95B?

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 08:48:29 PM »
Well obviously since there is less 'girl', the weight will be lower. But it will only be a few pounds.  :laugh:
Based on what women say they want, I'm the Perfect Man!
...No wonder I've been so lonely!!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 09:46:25 PM »
Well obviously since there is less 'girl', the weight will be lower. But it will only be a few pounds.  :laugh:

Even from the high end of 71lbs in the first pic, it's more than a few pounds to get to 85  8)

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 12:12:33 AM »
I would recommend the deluxe over the standard, the boobs and butt are to die for.

As far as weights go, I have never seen a manufacturer give accurate estimates.  Yves estimates weight by amount of material used.  I think he might also simplify the metric conversion by using 2 lb/kilo instead 2.2.  Regardless, his weights are always too low.  I also don't think he accounts for the skeleton, cores, or head.  I doubt Ron has updated the weights on the website since he took over the company.  I don't see what is so hard about them weighing a finished doll and using that on the website, but that seems to be common problem with all doll makers.

My Mechadolls are very old and are much heavier than the current ones.  Maybe Smoke would weigh his Mechadoll for you?

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 06:35:43 AM »
I would recommend the deluxe over the standard, the boobs and butt are to die for.

As far as weights go, I have never seen a manufacturer give accurate estimates.  Yves estimates weight by amount of material used.  I think he might also simplify the metric conversion by using 2 lb/kilo instead 2.2.  Regardless, his weights are always too low.  I also don't think he accounts for the skeleton, cores, or head.  I doubt Ron has updated the weights on the website since he took over the company.  I don't see what is so hard about them weighing a finished doll and using that on the website, but that seems to be common problem with all doll makers.

My Mechadolls are very old and are much heavier than the current ones.  Maybe Smoke would weigh his Mechadoll for you?

Thank you Z-Dr.

Yes, the weights are always estimates but usually "+ - 5 lbs" ... not 14 :o

Smoke has told me his Tori tops out at 80-ish.
I was just hoping there was a bit lighter option based on what I keep seeing on the site.
They are pretty girls but  don't want to wind up with a beautiful paperweight.
The last thing I'd want is to damage her simply trying to move her. 80 lbs is a lot of weight to sling around!

I just keep seeing the pic of Tori in my mind and... DAMN! :thumb:

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
  • She ain't heavy she's just rubber
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 12:19:07 PM »
Sam weighed his deluxe: http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=7713.0

I don't think many people buy the standard version or at least they don't appear from forum members.

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 01:20:22 PM »
Thanks Flash,
That's a shame. The Deluxe is surely the way to go but the weight is off-putting.

I can lift Brynn fairly easily but she's around 60 lbs. Another 20 might be too much. :-\

Decisions, decisions....

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 02:01:51 PM »
I doubt there is any weight differences between the standard and the deluxe, it is the same amount of material.  The gel may weigh a little bit more than the rest of the silicone, but I am sure it is negligible.  It is the heating modification that would add the weight.  I was under the impression they had reduced the weight below the 85lb mark, but that would be a question for Ron or Matt White.

Someone had mentioned in that other thread Flash linked to that they had an earlier 125lb Sophie doll.  That is still a great savings over my Lindsey who is 160+ lbs.  She is one of the first Mechadoll Sophie prototypes.

Dr.Johns

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 02:48:05 PM »
Thanks Flash,
That's a shame. The Deluxe is surely the way to go but the weight is off-putting.

I can lift Brynn fairly easily but she's around 60 lbs. Another 20 might be too much. :-\

Decisions, decisions....

I have no problem lifting my dolls . . . I found an easy way to lift them . . . Perhaps, my method wouldn't work for everyone's situation . . . If you decide to get one, the Deluxe model is definitely the way to go.
I really believe, Mechadoll should start making smaller dolls. Dream Doll makes: 155 cm and 145 cm., dolls.  They woke up to reality on this market needs. I wish MD would do the same!!! Just imagine . . . A Mechadoll the size 5'1" 32 C cup, 22" waist and finally 38" ass and around 65 lb. . . . Well . . . it's nice to dream ones in a while  :)

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 03:37:05 PM »
I have no problem lifting my dolls . . . I found an easy way to lift them . . . Perhaps, my method wouldn't work for everyone's situation . . . If you decide to get one, the Deluxe model is definitely the way to go.
I really believe, Mechadoll should start making smaller dolls. Dream Doll makes: 155 cm and 145 cm., dolls.  They woke up to reality on this market needs. I wish MD would do the same!!! Just imagine . . . A Mechadoll the size 5'1" 32 C cup, 22" waist and finally 38" ass and around 65 lb. . . . Well . . . it's nice to dream ones in a while  :)

That would be nice but the thing that makes MD's so hot is they have some "meat" on their bones.
Like I said, I can lift Brynn pretty easily at 55-60 lbs but I'm also see some guys selling off full size dolls because they've  gotten too heavy for them.
That's gotta be rough.  :(

Dr.Johns

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 03:59:05 PM »
Reduced height to 5'1" and with an ass 38" that fantastic doll to be  :) would have some meat on her bones  ;) Trust me  :) A Deluxe model, introduced with a selling price of $3,000.00 to $3,500.00  :o would make huge sales for MD!!!  Reduced weight 65 lb. to 70 lb. would open markets for man like you and others that desire a smaller Mechadoll!!!  Don't you think?

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 07:52:41 PM »
Reduced height to 5'1" and with an ass 38" that fantastic doll to be  :) would have some meat on her bones  ;) Trust me  :) A Deluxe model, introduced with a selling price of $3,000.00 to $3,500.00  :o would make huge sales for MD!!!  Reduced weight 65 lb. to 70 lb. would open markets for man like you and others that desire a Mechadoll!!!  Don't you think?

I do indeed but Who's listening besides us?

Dr.Johns

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 01:34:02 PM »
I've been screaming about this subject to Matt W. He thought it was a very good idea and would like to see it happen. He talked to Ron about it . . . And . . . Nothing happened  :o That's too bad!!!
I have no problem handling the current Mechadolls . . . However, a little diversity in body shape, size and weight would be fantastic  :) :thumb: Not to mention the potential and success this smaller doll would have in today's market needs. But, like you said . . . "Who's listening besides us?"