Author Topic: New Website for Doll Information!  (Read 756 times)

bowmanc

• Resident
Re: New Website for Doll Information!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2017, 01:13:27 AM »
I'm not sure, but when I used the upper case on the captcha it worked.
Leave the world better than you found it.

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 03:16:07 AM »
Welcome (back?) to ODC Angel.

Standard text based Captcha's like the one you have implemented are essentially useless against controlling bot/spam registrations on a forum/site.  There are pictorial based ones that work far better.  We switched to using Fun-captcha which essentially halted spammer registrations which were a major problem here in the past.  Unfortunately, it seems their product is no longer available for free.  There are other free ones that work just as well such as the one used on the Arimecibo Island forum.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 01:46:49 PM »
And promise to log in more frequently than once every 10 years...doh!

Angel

8)

<a href="https://youtu.be/vKcA27UD7YE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://youtu.be/vKcA27UD7YE</a>

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »
Umm, semi-OT question from this semi-literate computer user - WTF is a "captcha code"?
Based on what women say they want, I'm the Perfect Man!
...No wonder I've been so lonely!!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 03:07:09 PM »
Captcha is a way either text based or graphic based or in some cases both to prove to the computer that you are a huminoid!  :o      Or a very sophisticated synthetic life form! ???  ???
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

akira-fan

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2017, 07:03:56 PM »
In other words, it's a way for a human to "prove" to a computer that it is human not a bot (spammer).  ???

Oh, and you forgot they have audio captcha's too.

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 08:47:31 PM »
I did not get to register (for the same reason) using Opera.

angel

• New Resident
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 07:54:00 PM »
Hi Everhard - I updated new user Register to use a different anti-bot technique, so no more captcha yay (I never liked them myself). Give it try!

Also, I'm working to fill in Realdoll RD2 Faces, aka Heads (looking pretty complete now) and bodies (just begun, but not a big effort). Once that is filled in I''ll swing arounf for the Classics. As you may know, my own RD Classics (B2H4 CJ for example) ask me every day when they'll to be represented lol. After that, I'll add the ownership feature (you can identify which dolls you own).

And Opera as browser should be totally fine.  Itest with current v 47 but should work also with older ones if not too old.

Thanks for the interest and Enjoy!
Angel

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 08:38:06 PM »
Doesn't work on mobile devices???
GREAT SCOTT!

angel

• New Resident
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 04:03:19 AM »
Hey Doc, LOL I say the same thing to myself.  And with tongue in cheek: it's for the 3 people left in this world that have a desktop computer  ;D  j/k

Seriously though: For upcoming features (like 3D, HUD / Dashboard, stat streaming, etc), plopping down in front of a big ol' screen should then prove worth it. Phone support will first enter the mix when I get to VR (with Cardboard / GearVR, etc). After that, for proper phone / tablet support, I personally prefer to develop true native apps... time withstanding.

Being a developer it's been a while since I've done a non-responsive non-mobile site (the inside of doll.expert) - seems oddly refreshing and liberating - but that's just me. It ended up being "one screen with tons o' data" vs "tons o' screens". Yet, I use my phone a LOT and ironically, in my professional career, have been pushing companies hard to adopt mobile to the max (including accounting depts) for the last 5 years. Go figure... What's perplexing to me is the most recent inquiries I got (last month or 2) from companies, have swung the entire opposite end, asking for tons of data on workstations / larger displays. Of course, installed base will never eclipse mobile from now on.

Not being defensive.. just love to talk both tech and dolls... oh, and photography !

Inviting / welcoming all comments, ideas, dreams, hopes and wishes.

Cheers!

Eggcecutioner

• New Resident
    • Penetric
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 11:15:10 PM »
Sex dolls are for anyone who is interested in it. Customers who purchased it include couples who want to enhance their sex lives, single men, photographers, collectors, filmmakers, scientists, health professionals, future artists and more. Creating sex dolls is a booming business that is why more and more are into it.

DenverBerry

• New Resident
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 01:16:37 AM »
No dice on my Motorola DroidX. Won't even load the site. F.y.i.
Now I'm going to need to get my laptop out and chargeed up this week so I can check it out.
I'm new to the Doll community, and am reading as much as I can... by the sound of it, you've made my learning curve that much simpler.
thank you, Denver.

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 01:31:01 AM »
The doll.expert site is expanding and there is more information being added on a daily basis. Visit the site, wait a couple days and visit it again, you will be amazed at how much more information is there and the ways in which you can view and sort that information!  :o
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 02:55:11 AM »
Sex dolls are for anyone who is interested in it. Customers who purchased it include couples who want to enhance their sex lives, single men, photographers, collectors, filmmakers, scientists, health professionals, future artists and more. Creating sex dolls is a booming business that is why more and more are into it.

The site listed here and their "5 Best High-End Sex Dolls 2017 list" is a very biased opinion and should be viewed as such. 

Euchre

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 02:47:34 PM »

The site listed here and their "5 Best High-End Sex Dolls 2017 list" is a very biased opinion and should be viewed as such.

Geezus, that 'article' was laughable at best.  Always fun (not really) to see someone take pictures and details from various companies, who don't even have anything to do with each other, and lump them into one.