Author Topic: Doll Sweet posts deleted  (Read 752 times)

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
Re: Doll Sweet posts deleted
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 03:17:50 AM »
And to court controversy , Haremlover.
for album click the pic

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 08:11:33 AM »
I don't really know what happened here, but I will say this, Sandro has always given sound and accurate advice and has not tended to favor one manufacturer over another that I could tell! He does his research very thoroughly before posting! And if he vacates this forum we will all be worse off because of it!  Well that is my 2 cents worth!   :'(
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 03:35:59 AM »
Well someone or lots of someones have been very very busy, a new forum and all the DS posts moved here.

So its a "thank you" for all your hard work all the staff of ODC involved in this and running the forum .

All greatly appreciated... 8) :hug: :cheers: :bow: :yipee: :fireworks:

And a new mod I spy, behave yourselves y'all or suffer the wrath of Mr. Mod ...Incred  :redhead:  :wavie: :welcome:
for album click the pic

TripleA

• Doll Account
  • New Resident
  • Hanging with CrazyCajun and the rest of the Girls!
    • Miss Atleur
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 09:27:57 AM »
CC and I would like to say THANK YOU! To everyone involved in all of the work that it must have taken to move and consolidate all of that information into one place!  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:
April Annabelle Atleur - AKA - TripleA

Link to all of my galleries:  http://missatleur.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=10003

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 10:27:57 AM »

And a new mod I spy, behave yourselves y'all or suffer the wrath of Mr. Mod ...Incred  :redhead:  :wavie: :welcome:

Ray, Incred has always had moderator powers, even when he was an alleged "owner" at TDF.  Then again, I had full access to TDF Management until almost 2012, thanks to a few former server admins.  :whistle:
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Dollstudio

• Resident
    • Dollstudio
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 03:11:15 PM »
Will the deleted posts be restored?

Among others, these were deleted from the "Asian dolls" board:

• Topic removed: Doll Sweet DS-158 Plus body style with ›Serena‹ head
  • Topic removed: Doll Sweet DS-160 Plus body style with ›Kayla‹ head
  • Topic removed: Doll Sweet introduces ›Mohan‹ head for DS-167
  • Topic removed: Doll Sweet DS-145 body style with ›NinaE‹ elf head
  • Topic removed: Introducing Doll Sweet 145-L with Ying head
  • Topic removed: Doll Sweet DS-145 Plus body style with ›Ling‹ head
  • Topic removed: Doll Sweet DS-163 Plus with ›Yolanda‹ head

Other topics regarding silicone dolls from other manufacturers that were deleted from the "Asian dolls" board are:

• Topic removed: New photos with Z-Onedoll's ZO-A44 ›Catherine‹ head
  • Topic removed: Unboxing Sanhui SH-145/C body style with SH-145/3 head

And this thread http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=8814.0 does not belong into a Doll Sweet sub-forum as Z-Onedoll is another manufacturer.

Sandro

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Walking on the Bluegrass
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 10:13:28 PM »
Will the deleted posts be restored?

Sandro

Would we restore them, yes. Can we restore them, no.

Two mistakes were made. The first, one member acted alone without consulting the team. Had the admin team been consulted, these threads would have been condensed into one, not deleted. The second mistake was that they were deleted, not moved to our trash folder where they could be retrieved and restored. That leaves us in this position where we have to apologize to you.

We failed to follow our own rules, and as such we cannot restore any of the posts that were taken down.

All we can do is apologize to you and the membership who enjoyed those posts for our actions, and request that you repost those items. We ask that you repost the items in a single thread, as the members complaints that precipitated this action were that multiple posts pushed everything else off of the first page.

Mahtek and the Admin Staff of ODC
Home is where your dolls are.

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 07:55:54 AM »
I'll take the beating on the head for this, Mahtek is right, I didn't consult anyone. MY Fault.

Sandro posted :

Among others, these were deleted from the "Asian dolls" board:

Topic removed: Doll Sweet DS-158 Plus body style with ›Serena‹ head
    Topic removed: Doll Sweet DS-160 Plus body style with ›Kayla‹ head
    Topic removed: Doll Sweet introduces ›Mohan‹ head for DS-167
    Topic removed: Doll Sweet DS-145 body style with ›NinaE‹ elf head
    Topic removed: Introducing Doll Sweet 145-L with Ying head
    Topic removed: Doll Sweet DS-145 Plus body style with ›Ling‹ head
    Topic removed: Doll Sweet DS-163 Plus with ›Yolanda‹ head

Yup, that's right. You were asked to minimize your posts and not continue to make separate ones. I saw that as thumbing your nose, so I reduced them for you. Again, my fault for not consulting with others first.

SimonDC

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 10:02:27 AM »
Not sure if this can help, but there may be a way to retrieve cached (stored) pages from ODC.  One example is using Google cache.

This article explains the details. http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/backup-and-restore/googles-cache-to-restore-web-page

SimonDC and Alexis

Dollstudio

• Resident
    • Dollstudio
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 10:52:41 AM »
> You were asked to minimize your posts […]

… and I'd like to point out that I did not make any of these posts after 'ourdoll1' accused me of "spamming" (PM, 16 October 2017, 08:30:38, Subject: "SPamming").

Some of the deleted posts are several months old. And classifying an Unboxing review as "spamming" is nothing but an insult.

Several of the deleted posts included my own photos, taken with my own doll. You consider that "spamming"? You delete posts and whole discussion threads without looking at them first?

Next message from 'ourdoll1': "Condense your posts in the Asian dolls board, or I'll do it for you." (PM, 22 October 2017, 08:57:03, Subject: "(No subject)").

I responded that I do not have a feature to merge threads (original excerpt from reply via PM: "sorry, I do not understand what I am supposed to do. I do not have access to something like a "merge threads" function.", 22 October 2017, 11:31:49). There was no mentioning of deleting these posts.

'ourdoll1' did not provide any help to 'condense' the miscellaneous threads. He just deleted them a day later.

Next message from 'ourdoll1': "There is a board marked TPE town. your posts go there." (PM, 23 October 2017, 07:37:59, Subject: "(No subject)").

I responded that neither Doll Sweet nor Sanhui nor Z-Onedoll dolls are made of TPE. These are all Asian silicone dolls and none of these brands has ever manufactured TPE dolls. Doll Sweet was even explicitely mentioned in the forum description for "Asian Dolls".

Next message from 'ourdoll1': "Looking at the dolls on your site, TPE was the material used." (PM, 23 October 2017, 09:24:19, Subject: "(No subject)").

I responded via PM on 23 October 2017, 09:24:19.

Sorry, but this is utter nonsense.

Yes, Dollstudio (dollstudio.org) carries TPE dolls from brands like WM Doll, YL Doll, OR Doll, Doll House 168 and others.
And Dollstudio carries silicone dolls from brands like Doll Sweet, Sanhui, Z-Onedoll, Maidlee Doll, Dreamdoll, Doll Affair, and (until recently) Ruby 13.

For each manufacturer, brand and doll the material used is clearly stated.

You will nowhere on dollstudio.org find a statement that Doll Sweet, Z-Onedoll, or Sanhui dolls are made of TPE.

DS Doll Europe (dsdolleurope.com) is entirely dedicated to Doll Sweet. Doll Sweet has silicone dolls and one polyurethan doll (EX-lite).

'ourdoll1' did not respond to that anymore. Instead he deleted the aforementioned posts and who knows what else - I just noticed it because I got a bunch of email notifications like "A topic you are watching has been removed by ourdoll1."

For me it feels like an unhelathy environment if I am faced with people in power which
  • refuse to listen to reason,
  • arbitrarily delete a lot of threads including all member comments,
  • overrule the better judgment of other moderators,
  • refuse to distinguish between a vendor and a manufacturer, and
  • refuse to distinguish between materials like silicone and TPE.

It's just too crazy.

However, on top of that, ODC has now an openly hostile policy. Excerpt from a posting by 'Ceej' from yesterday:

[…] this forum is for doll owners only […]

I am a doll owner, but…

Manufacturers and Vendors are kindly asked to post only in the TPE Marketplace.

…I am a vendor, too. Stupidly one with a preference for silicone dolls.

But the explicit policy is now that a manufacturer or vendor for silicone dolls is not allowed to post anywhere.

So that's it, signing off.

Sandro

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 12:02:39 PM »

However, on top of that, ODC has now an openly hostile policy. Excerpt from a posting by 'Ceej' from yesterday:

[…] this forum is for doll owners only […]

I am a doll owner, but…

Manufacturers and Vendors are kindly asked to post only in the TPE Marketplace.

Those excerpts are taken from the TPE forums and only apply to those two forums. For more clarity, they have been reworded from "...Manufacturers and vendors..."  to  "..Manufacturers and vendors of TPE dolls..."

The original TPE Town forum was split into two forums (one for vendors to advertise, and another for owners to showcase their personal collection) due to owner's request to have their own forum.

…I am a vendor, too. Stupidly one with a preference for silicone dolls.
But the explicit policy is now that a manufacturer or vendor for silicone dolls is not allowed to post anywhere.

This is not exactly true, For the purposes of advertisement, sales etc., makers are asked to post in the applicable forum which in your case would be this forum, DollSweet, when discussing DollSweet dolls, in the Asian dolls forum when discussing Z-Onedoll, and in the TPE Marketplace when discussing TPE dolls.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 10:50:04 PM »
*sigh*

I guess we can't win for losing.

We created an entire forum for Dollsweet. And separated the TPE forum into 2 sections so that the Vendors and Manufacturers could spam their products on our forum. Which I can guarantee our rules are less restrictive than other forums.

And on top of that, we publicly apologized for an egregious error, for everyone to see.

Sandro, I'm sorry to see you go. I've always valued your input.

Personally, I think you are losing an opportunity to sell your products on a forum specific to just that.

And as a Doll owner, you should be able to post along with the other Doll owners here, I don't see any reason why not.

If you think any of the rules should be amended, we are always willing to listen.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.”

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 11:16:24 AM »
*sigh*
It's better for regular members the way it is now. I too, hate to see Sandro go. Perhaps the rule should be "No Advertising" in the member sections.
Why can't we all just get along?

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 02:34:38 PM »
for album click the pic

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 08:16:48 PM »