Author Topic: Make-up and TPE  (Read 396 times)

noid88

• New Resident
Make-up and TPE
« on: September 14, 2017, 01:14:03 AM »
Hi guys!

About to "pull the trigger" on first doll. I'm learning that all the sites use professional make-up people to prep and advertise so my doll will not look anything like that...so:
- What are the rules for make up?  If certain clothing stains the TPE then I'm sure make-up will too?
-make-up dos and donts?

Thanks in advance!

Jason Parkins

• New Resident
Re: Make-up and TPE
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 02:15:37 AM »

noid88

• New Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 04:35:32 PM »
Wow great info! Going to be weird asking lady co-workers for make-up tips lol!

Notsogood

• New Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 04:57:13 PM »
For our ladies we go at a great lenght  :laugh:

SimonDC

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 11:29:00 PM »
You may want to look under the Main Street threads: The Workshop, Maintenance, and Dolls in General.  The TPE make-up topic is also covered on YouTube at various places, so try searching on Doll make-up.  :)

Around here, I've seen people use regular makeup on TPE dolls and application may last for a few days, weeks or a little bit more.  Others, I've seen talk about using colored powders that are carefully applied and then sealed on the TPE using a light hot air gun.

Probably the safe way is to carefully try your hand with regular makeup first.  And since it will not be permanent, you can get an idea of the look you're going after.  You can also try your hand checking out a nice online app I found.  The thread is under Maintenance.  Look for the thread, Virtual Makeover Tool.

Whatever approach you look at doing, try first testing/practicing on a sample piece of TPE.  If in a bind, and if you order a TPE doll with a removable insert, just use some corner of the TPE insert to test your colors before applying to your doll's beautiful face.

Hope this helps.

SimonDC

noid88

• New Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 12:14:01 AM »
You may want to look under the Main Street threads: The Workshop, Maintenance, and Dolls in General.  The TPE make-up topic is also covered on YouTube at various places, so try searching on Doll make

Whatever approach you look at doing, try first testing/practicing on a sample piece of TPE.

Great info...thx Sir!

Jason Parkins

• New Resident
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 02:42:36 AM »
Wow great info! Going to be weird asking lady co-workers for make-up tips lol!

You might ask some  make-up man for help. lol

noid88

• New Resident
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 09:20:47 AM »
More good info, thanks guys!

...A "make-up man" lol!

SimonDC

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 10:27:52 AM »
I'm marking this thread for reference later this week.  Bought some water-based acrylic paints and plan to do a little make-up work on my doll.  First will test on some sample TPE material to make sure everything works okay. :)

SimonDC and Alexis

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 04:19:53 AM »
For easy to apply color for TPE check out http://missatleur.com our BodyColor is not only easy to apply and remove, but it will not wash off and Vaseline and/or BabyOil will not affect it.

This is what Adventurer, Makeup artist for Sili Doll had to say about it:

So it too early to give a behind-the-scenes view of the-making(up)-of Suriwaai? I don't think so! I'm eager to share a little part of my process in developing Suirwaai's signature look. After all, her face is what makes her unique!

I have many great things to say about this gorgeous doll and her exquisite face, but first I want to recognize our cosmetic supplier, April Annabelle Atleur (aka TripleA) from missatluer.com, maker of the BodyColor cosmetic line. BodyColor is a unique semi-permanent makeup system specifically designed by the genius chemists and dollsmiths of Miss Atleur Inc. BodyColor does not fade with washing, withstands mineral oil applications, can made to appear glossy or matte, and yet is easily removed at will through a little intentional vigorous rubbing and peeling. The colors are semi-transparent and can be layered beautifully. When applied with a brush, a level of precision nearly unobtainable with powder makeups can be achieved. This technology represents a breakthrough in doll cosmetics and delivers an unparalleled product that should appeal to any TPE doll owner.
CrazyCajun and the Girls!