Author Topic: Doll Sweet DS-163 Plus with ›Yolanda‹ head  (Read 413 times)

Dollstudio

• Resident
    • Dollstudio
Doll Sweet DS-163 Plus with ›Yolanda‹ head
« on: October 04, 2017, 02:08:06 PM »
Hi,

some pictures with Doll Sweet's DS-163 body style (aka UK168 plus) and ›Yolanda‹ head:

More information about this silicone doll: http://en.dsdolleurope.com/node/14

Sandro

Doc Brown

• Sr. Resident
  • Old enough to play with dolls
Re: Doll Sweet DS-163 Plus with ›Yolanda‹ head
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 11:18:05 AM »
 :drool:

Dollstudio

• Resident
    • Dollstudio
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 10:36:57 PM »
Hi,

some more pictures with this combination:

More photos with the DS-163 Plus & Yolanda in her stewardess outfit are here: http://eu.dsdolleurope.com/node/2899

Btw, I just learnt that the Chinese name of Yolanda is Yuan Yuan (媛媛) or abbreviated Yua. That name sounds good in my ears ;-)

Yua is a silicone doll, created in Dalian; body height ~163 cm (with head) respectively 148 cm (without head), weight around 27 kg; body measurements 79×54×80 (BWH). These girls are fully posable, but can not stand on their own feet without hurting themself. For the simulation of standing there is a relatively well-thought combination of doll stand and hanging mechanisms available which one might or might not like (it works different than regular doll stands).

The photos above show the new and enhanced "S-level makeup" which makes the head even more alive. Well, at least for me it worked quite well… I already have a Yolanda head, and now I want another one with the enhanced makeup ;-)

Sandro

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 11:09:57 PM »
Very good photography and set ! and very nice legs  :thumb:

Will you add more male doll bodies or faces? The male doll community needs some caucasian options and a taller male body.

Dollstudio

• Resident
    • Dollstudio
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 04:38:06 AM »
@grenouille: Thanks for the praise!

Regarding the male doll from Doll Sweet, please note that we - Dollstudio - are not the manufacturer. We are a vendor. Doll Sweet dolls come from Dalian, China; we are based in Berlin, Germany.

Sandro

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
  • She ain't heavy she's just rubber
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 04:27:29 PM »
@Sandro,  Do you think DS will ever consider casting the feet in a harder silicone to allow standing without damage?  I'm assuming that the older DS dolls that could stand without damage were able to because the silicone was harder and the newer DS dolls are now much softer so they lost standing ability?  Seems an obvious bone of contention with the current DS dolls.

With all the standing capable dolls around these days it seems DS has taken one step forward and one step back.  Surely it wouldn't be over complicated for DS to inject tougher silicone into the soles of the feet prior to pouring the rest of the mold with the softer silicone.  Feet would be tough enough to stand and not squish and the rest of the body would still be soft.  A well known American doll brand call it duracast, (no prizes for naming). :)

And yes I would love a 163+ if the money ever commeth into thy pocket...  That body really does float my boat, would be even better if she was able to stand without damage to feet, just sayin.

Dollstudio

• Resident
    • Dollstudio
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 05:22:02 PM »
Hi,

Dolls with the Duracast option are able to stand on their own feet unsupported? I wasn't aware of that ???

But seriously, the standing capability of silicone dolls is becoming a FAQ… Basically every customers asks about it, and some just expect it because there are so many photos with standing dolls, suggesting that something is there which is everything but trivial.

I think we should start a dedicated thread for this topic and exchange workarounds and modifications.

In a nutshell, DS dolls with the silicone blend from 2014 and before were supposed to be able to stand on their own feet, at least for short periods of time. Though it was never a recommended practice, DS always recommended to use the hang kit for support. So from the manufacturer's point of view, nothing changed in regard to standing with the introduction of the softer silicone blend. For owners it just become more "challenging" to figure out new workarounds.

The EX-lite with her 8 kilos would be destined for standing experiments. But she was molded as a fuck toy with spread legs and slightly raised thighs. She can stand, but not upright because she falls into the posture of a gorilla. It would "just" require stronger joints and a less "fuackable" mold to make an "EX-lite 2.0" the perfect standing doll. However, she was designed for a different purpose, so the rest of us need to overheat our brains to figure out workarounds (btw. with some success, as gdj67 has demonstrated on the last doll meet, http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10125).

How about the competition?

Z-Onedoll, with their TPE background from the Hitdoll brand, decided to use another apporach; they optionally offer a standing skeleton with (encapsulated) screws in the soles of the feet, and additionally they offer an eye bolt in the back, and a neck bolt on request. The encapsulated screws are less idiotic than the plain metal screws used in TPE dolls, but they are still definitely ugly. However, my ZO-160/B just celebrated her 1-year-standing anniversary (standing on her own feet, permanently, unsupported). So this approach can work, but again, the manufacturer strictly advises against long-term standing and I would never recommend it. It's testing out the limits.

Sanhui? Can maybe stand for a couple of minutes, but it will be risky, and the skeleton is generally to weak for real posing challenges. JM? Joints are to loose for standing. Maidlee? Does not even have posable joints. Anatomical? Fooled me, until I learnt that they also photoedit their pictures and use a doll stand; sadly I do not own one, so I have no first hand experience about their real capabilities, at least they are rather leightweight. mi6c says that some exotic dolls from Japan are more suitable for standing; but testing the limits of $8,000+ dolls? That twists my stomach…

And the wishlist does not stop at plain standing… what about standing in heels? You can ruin any screw-based standing skeleton with that…

I honestly don't know why (almost) no manufacturer seriously tries to go beyond bed-ridden sex dolls. Either they perceive standing capability as a minor niche, or there are technical issues we are not aware of. You would need at least really strong joints, a new foot plate design and a (significantly) harder silicone blend in the soles of the feet - and maybe more.

Sandro

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 05:48:05 PM »
Sandro, I just meant that the 'duracast' method is a way to add stiffer silicone to the soles of the feet to aid standing.  The American dolls that offer this do not stand, probably because of their skeleton is not able to and they are obviously a lot heavier.  They offer it as an option to help prevent finger poking, etc.

And yes I have a Japanese doll that can stand without damage, same maker as one of mi6c's doll (Silicone-Art M Body) to this day she has no damage to her feet and she is soft silicone.  Although I've never stood her up for more than 10 mins at a time just to be on the safe side.  This makes me wonder if SA can successfully make a standing doll (roughly same weight as the DS 163+ above) why can't DS?

My Anatomical can not stand, if her skeleton was tighter and the foot plates longer her silicone would be tough enough to deal with it for 10 mins or so.  Her skeleton is simply too loose and not all metal either..

DS are missing that one thing a lot would want even if was only recommended for short periods, other than that they are hitting every other mark.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 06:01:32 PM »
Flying totally of  the thread ......My tpe doll could stand unassisted and assisted in heels but damage did occur to her feet.
But the main thing with the self standing option is that it will not last as a doll loosen's, which does not take long.
So  unless a maker can come up with some form of locking system for the joints standing option is for a very limited time.

Or have one doll for standing and one for play . :), because if you play with your doll then she will loosen

So back to the revue, my she certainly is a pretty doll.
for album click the pic

Dollstudio

• Resident
    • Dollstudio
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 09:36:27 PM »
This makes me wonder if SA can successfully make a standing doll (roughly same weight as the DS 163+ above) why can't DS?

Let's take a guess… Google translate tells me that a SA "M" body costs 550,400 Japanese Yen; thats about €4170. Add €500 for shipping (~ €4670) and the usual import fees of roughly 26.5%, so we're talking about a €5910 doll (in case you manage ordering and payment yourself). So DS is clearly in a different price segment - you get pretty exactly two DS-163 for the same price, including shipping and all import fees. If DS ever enters this price segment, who knows what they can implement.

Blending silicones with different shore hardness is something Maidlee Doll has mastered with prices starting at CAD$3,800; again, with shipping and import fees, you end up quite a bit above Doll Sweet's price segment. Though Maid-Fong can not stand, but she has multiple zones with different softness. DS has "only" three different silicones (teeth, breasts, rest of the body). I bet that for $1,500 extra, DS could do the same amount of different softness zones like Maidlee.

The question is: Would someone purchase such a high-end DS doll? Judging from my experiences with other more expensive silicone dolls I'd be really sceptical… the high-end segment is really small, and - as far as I can tell - it is rather shrinking than growing.

Sandro

mi6c

• New Resident
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 07:20:39 AM »
Well, standing capability has been my main interest from the very beginning and I was almost in tears when I wanted to buy a DS163 from Sandro initially in mid-2015 and he simply told me I was a little too late ... and yes, he, Stef and Bruno all tried to find a leftover DS163 from 2014 to fulfill my wish but neither succeeded so in the end it was not to be,
Sometimes such scenarios work in your favor though as that provided me with an Opportunity to invite the love of my life over just a little later ... Yuzuki ... a Silicone Art SS Body / Orient Industry Koyuki Head combo.
A lot of thanks go to Flash for answering a heap of questions on Silicone Art that paved the way ... his lovely Yuuko's M-body is basically the same as my SS body, just a slightly earlier design with significantly larger boobies.
In a Test I did Yuzuki did stand for 2 days plus for some photos without any issues and while I'll side with Sandro on the possible higher cost of doing more sophisticated Silicone casting I still think that the actual solution to the problem lies majorly with the stupid foot bone DS is using instead of the silicone itself - and that would be a lot cheaper to change.
Still, basically all - admittedly high priced - Japanese dolls can stand ... so for me and the time being, DS is not really an option until they get there again.

Just my take.
優月 - Yuzuki = Orient Industry Ange Bihaku Koyuki head on Silicone Arts Super Styling( SS) body
艶 - Tsuya = Orient Industry Petit Jewel Izumi head on Real Taste 146L body
If you have questions about adapters to put a head on a different producers body feel free to ask me.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 11:30:42 AM »
Sandro, the price in SA's case or even OI doesn't make the doll more technically advanced or made from better more expensive materials or techniques.  Japanese products are horrendously expensive in comparison to Chinese products for many other reasons, therefore I wouldn't presume Japanese products are more superior just because of the price tag.  From the surgeries that I've done on the SA and seeing photos of the DS skeleton I can confidently say that the DS skeleton looks superior.

I still think that the actual solution to the problem lies majorly with the stupid foot bone DS is using instead of the silicone itself - and that would be a lot cheaper to change.

That's a good point mi6c, just had another look at the DS foot plate (https://www.dollforum.com/forum/download/file.php?id=60351&mode=view) and I believe you are onto something there.  :thumb:  A flatter more simple foot plate might be the answer...

Everhard

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 04:22:48 PM »
My Orient Industry doll is the only one of my dolls that can reliably stand (leaning against something) indefinitely, even in low heels. (Her ankle joints do not rotate down enough for high heels.) She has the 'hard grip' skeleton option and she is made of moderately firm silicone. (Gel filled boobs.) So it can be done.

It seems to me that doll owners who photograph their dolls are a minority. Of that minority, those who want to create realistic scenes without editing out stands from their photos are a tiny proportion.

Anyways, the DS 163 is a fine looking doll. With the DS Dolls hang kit and stand (even a home-made stand) I am sure you could take really good photos of her standing, walking, running...

mi6c

• New Resident
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 06:38:29 AM »
Everhard makes good points( minority & hang kit solution) and I already felt that while bringing my point across I kinda under-emphasized my general take on the DS163 ... I do like this doll VERY much, such a beautiful sculpt ... else I would not have wanted to buy her in the first place.
I am still likely to get one sooner or later and then may or may not try to modify her into being able to stand on her own - and I kinda guess its the same for Flash( normal = more alike SS for me  :-* , plus = more alike M for him :whistle: ).
Kind regards.
優月 - Yuzuki = Orient Industry Ange Bihaku Koyuki head on Silicone Arts Super Styling( SS) body
艶 - Tsuya = Orient Industry Petit Jewel Izumi head on Real Taste 146L body
If you have questions about adapters to put a head on a different producers body feel free to ask me.

FlashGordoll

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 09:35:28 AM »
You read me like a book mi6c... :whistle:  The 163+ is top of my list just as the 163 is at the top of yours, but who knows what else may evolve while saving the pennies. ;)