Author Topic: Baby OIl, Where Does It All Go?  (Read 256 times)

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
Baby OIl, Where Does It All Go?
« on: October 13, 2017, 03:12:08 PM »
Kim will get her 12th oil bath next month and her 1 year review by the way.

I use 1/3 of a large bottle during her oil bath which I also mix with her favorite perfume Can Can.

She soaks it all up within four hours like a sponge at which time I powder her with baby powder until she is silky smooth.

She has soaked up almost three large bottles of baby oil the past 11 months and has never left an oil stain on the sheets and she stays on the bed 99% of the time as seen in the profile picture to the left.

I wonder what has happen to all the baby oil she has soaked up not to mention the Vaseline (around two large jars) I apply to her high stress areas.

It makes me more sure than ever she needs it.

Coral
Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

crazycajun

• Sr. Resident
  • Making the World a Doll friendlier Place!
    • MissAtleur
Re: Baby OIl, Where Does It All Go?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 08:06:28 PM »
coral;  TPE girls sweat just as you or I do. When everything is in balance the sweating is very slow but constant. She is leaving it on the things that she comes in contact with, but only in small amounts, so it is not really noticeable. Lay a sheet or two of tissue paper under her while you go to work, see if you can tell anything when you get back. Sometimes you can. But it would seem you have not been over doing the oiling, some people do and that usually makes them so soft that the start to tear very easily. If you don't give them enough they will dry and suffer from cracking.

You have followed a good routine with Kim. I have followed you postings with extreme pleasure as you keep on a level keel with your routines! She will continue to make you very happy for a long time to come!

Question: How often do you bath or shower Kim?
CrazyCajun and the Girls!

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 08:39:05 PM »
She has only been in the shower twice.  I give her sponge baths from time to time and I only play with her after I shower.

I think I found the answer to my own question to were the oil goes and why I never see it on the sheets or her clothing however.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew I had read about this so, I searched for it till I found it.  This is from Indigo "TPE doll care with mineral oil products - Let's talk about"

To make it more understandable why there is a loss of mineral oil inside the TPE material and why there is a need to refresh TPE material with mineral oil I would like to explain it.

At first, is it possible that mineral oil can evaporate ?
Yes, it does !

Let's have a look on mineral oil.
It is a mixture of hydrocarbons.
- saturated aliphatic hydrocarbons (paraffin)
- saturated cyclic hydrocarbons (naphtenic)
- aromatic cyclic hydrocarbons (aromatic double bond)
- alkene
- azotic organic compounds

The molecular structure is a chain structure with carbon atoms.
At the end of the chain structure are hydrogen-, nitrogen- and oxygen-atoms.
The shorter the chain structure with carbon atoms the lower is the boiling point.

Chain structures up to about five carbon atoms are evaporating at room temperature.

And here is the recommendation from the manual comming with my YL Doll 148, which is equal to the WM Doll and OR Doll manual.

"Do not expose model under sunlight for long period of time. This might increase aging of TPE material and life spends of the model".

Now we know why there is a dryout effect inside TPE material right from the beginning because there is a permanent loss of mineral oil regarding to the ambient temperature.

And even not enough, the necessary powdering is an additional factor because it is enhancing the dryout effect by absorbing a bit of mineral oil every time we do the powdering.

Coral
Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

$uicide$ynth

• New Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 08:21:33 PM »
I find that every 2-3 months is better oiling for my dolls... Yes, they need to replenish they're oil, but if you put too much, really you're just wasting it cause once they saturated, they'll just sweat all the excess out. and then you'll get oil all over your sheets and everything. moderation is key here, just do what you feel is right and not just a strict "once a month"

AdamEve

• New Resident
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 03:45:58 AM »
ah ok i had thought some used oil and some powder but it sounds like both are used for good maintenance..thanks for this topic much appreciated.

AdamEve