Author Topic: My favorite Wig (for now)  (Read 1078 times)

GGG

• New Resident
Re: My favorite Wig (for now)
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 12:47:00 PM »
In re: wig purchases....(still a newbie here and 1st-time doll companion), purchased a pair of wigs from Amazon that looked like they were displayed for dolls. Got them here yesterday and have found them to be way too large for my 148cm doll, likely actual human head-sized wigs.
Any tweaks for proper fitting? Ship them back if possible, and look for doll wigs elsewhere (where?)?

Thanks, all.

JunkGuy

• New Resident
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2019, 07:43:37 PM »
GGG: if the wig is way too large, send it back, but if its only a little bit too big you should be able to run some thread/yarn/wire through the holes in the skull cap and under the hair to pull it into a tighter fitting shape.  It may buckle a bit though - a little buckling would be ok but a wig too large would buckle too much to fit this way without looking funny.

Ideally you'd look for children's or adolescent's wigs rather than adult, but its unusual to find them listed that way at Amazon in my experience.  Adult human heads are typically larger than the doll heads and I've had this same problem on a wig.  Wigs with thicker hair seem to hide it better though.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2019, 08:13:24 PM »
The wigs should have adjusting hooks in the back. The closer to the center of the back the smaller you can make it.
For really small heads you can cross the straps. I had to do that for Korri, my 100cm doll.

This is a shoulder length wig on adult sized dolls. It may bunch up a bit in back but with curly hair it isn't noticeable.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 05:53:09 PM »
If I remember right, I think there was a video on You Tube on how to shrink down the webbing under the
wig to fit a persons head better. It did involve cutting the webbing and re-sewing it back together. It is
somewhat involved. Probably should be tried as a last resort.

Take care. litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 08:11:21 PM »
Yes I remember it too but it is a bit involved. If you want to know how here it is;

I ran across this interesting video about how to resize a wig.
Some girls like my Brynn have smaller heads and the wigs tend to bunch, though I've never really noticed :whistle:

If it's bothersome, this technique may help. Hopefully the video is viewable.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/tqsiy0DpHeo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://youtube.com/v/tqsiy0DpHeo</a>

senso

• New Resident
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2019, 10:53:15 PM »
There's some good suggestions here. The long wigs I have do get tangled too easily. But I've always gotten cheap
ones. I like long hair but usually use short hair wigs because long ones are such a pain to untangle.  I should just
spend a little more money and get a better wig. Never tried fabric softener. I've used hair conditioner with macadamia
oil which helps a little.