Author Topic: Baby oil rubdown  (Read 197 times)

Diggety dawg

• Lurker
Baby oil rubdown
« on: January 24, 2019, 05:59:57 PM »
Do I shower her first, then let her dry, then rub her down with baby oil?  And after that do I leave it on her skin to dry completely and then brush with corn starch? Or do i do a different process ?
Thanks

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
Re: Baby oil rubdown
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 09:10:18 PM »
I start with the doll in the tub with the oil. It helps loosen the dirt. Then I wash her with a body wash that has mineral oil in it too. Sometimes I will oil her again. Once the oil soaks in you can use the corn starch. When applying powder use a face cloth to rub it on then your hands to rub it in. Your hands help to smooth the powder and you can feel where you have missed.  :thumb:

:welcome: to ODC

Halleheals

• Resident
  • In Full blown doll dementia
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 09:34:06 PM »
Welcome dawg!

incred has good advice, the oil gets her cleaner than soap does in my experience. I’ve been putting the powder in a sock to put it on her so I don’t make huge mess  :thumb:
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations

Begog

• Sr. Resident
  • Dollmongerer
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 09:41:33 AM »
Despite what a lot of people say, I don't believe regular baby oil baths are needed, or for that matter, even good for your doll unless she is dry and cracking. Baby oil IS the answer for that. How many of you have a 3 year old TPE doll with 1000 fucks on her still in perfect working order (except for 9 broken fingers, a broken toe, and a floppy neck - all skeletal) that has NEVER had an oil bath? I tried it on 2 others, which started aging prematurely so I stopped. If you argue with me, I'll start taking pics of the evidence.
Baby oil DOES make TPE softer and more supple, but ALSO much more prone to damage from abrasion, puncture, splitting, etc. because it WEAKENS the TPE. You CERTAINLY don't want to use it as lube. Also, if you thought your TPE doll leeched oil when new, try regular oil baths. It multiplies the leeching/staining problem. So, in the end, your well-oiled doll will probably have to be replaced sooner BECAUSE you oiled her regularly. And yeah, it all soaks into doll, which will become tacky and require powder at that point. The best use I've found for baby oil is makeup and stain removal.

I don't care if you believe what I said or not, but anyone that's been around my TPE dolls can vouch those bitches are in good shape.   

grimreefer24601

• New Resident
    • Grim's Doll Accessories
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 11:55:23 PM »
I only use oil to clean these days.  Get the dirt to the surface so I can wipe it off.  I never let oil soak in.  Apply, massage in clean off.  Better than any soap I've used.

JunkGuy

• New Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 11:24:26 PM »
I only bathe and oil my TPE doll about every 4-6 months. Any more seems excessive.  Though if she ventures outside and gets actually dirty I sometimes need to advance my schedule.

I did notice one thing in my most recent cleaning, and I think it has something to do with a change last year from cotton bed sheets to nylon microfiber. I gave her a sponge bath with soap as usual, but when I went to oil her, a lot of little lint balls appeared, mostly on her back, butt, and bottoms of thighs. I'd never seen this before, and being more heavily concentrated on her backside than elsewhere I presume it had to come from the bed sheets. The sheets are completely non-staining, so seeing all this lint suddenly appear during oiling was freaky. Apparently, TPE over long periods of time (months?) can absorb nylon microfiber particles, and they won't come out with soap and water but will with baby oil.  Next time, I'm going to apply a light coating of oil first, wipe off all the lint, and then wash with soap, or do like grim said and just skip the soap altogether.

I would oil right after washing. I'd use a dry washcloth to dry her skin, but I presume it is still a little moist. Letting her dry after soap/water doesn't seem to be needed if you're doing oil next.  I do however let the oil sink in for half a day before powdering  (i.e. powder in evening if washed/oiled in morning, or powder in morning if washed/oiled in evening.)  Since its only every several months, I'm not seeing any aging effects letting the oil sink in rather than wiping it off.  However, I use a fair bit of baby oil to lube up the exterior of my insert so it slides into her cavity easier - I haven't noticed this causing any problems and as you can expect this occurs at a much greater frequency than her baths.

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention yet is consideration of petroleum jelly (Vaseline) instead of oil in sensitive areas (armpits, elbows, groin, and under breasts if she's heavy-chested.) It takes much longer to absorb than oil (2 days or more) so when I'm going out of town for a weekend and haven't done it in a while, I might apply some in these areas. If you can spare the time in your cleaning schedule, using Vaseline in those areas instead of oil may extend lifetime. If not, work it in between cleanings as your "offseason" schedule permits. (I've heard of some people applying Vaseline to the entire surface, but this seems like overkill unless you live in an exceptionally dry climate.)

Powder in a sock is something I've not heard of before. I might give this a try next time myself.

grimreefer24601

• New Resident
    • Grim's Doll Accessories
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 02:34:39 AM »
You must not use your dolls like I do, JunkGuy.  4 Months?

No, MJ needs cleaned more often than that.  And Oil is the best soap.