Author Topic: The arrival of my Ruby 13...I think I will cry...  (Read 2243 times)

Brash

• New Resident
Re: The arrival of my Ruby 13...I think I will cry...
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 03:18:43 PM »

True but to be honest customers in other countries are few and they always haggle the shipping costs with me.
The reason I don't like that is because I never charge for my time and shipping materials. I only charge what fedex charges me.
Yet it's not good enough. I am still hoping for a win win situation when it comes to that. It's basically $90 in Handling and specially ordered box and
everything inside that keeps her safe (unless Canadian Customs gets involved.)

cheers

jim

Mike Tango

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 04:49:53 PM »
Ok this is begin to be a real nightmare. For all those who support RUBY and Jim, you have to be a little more open to my situation that you probably never want to live.

This morning, after my email to Jim to inform him of the situation about the doll, he answered me :

I really wish you had just sent me the photos and not put this on a forum. I would have taken care of it without the publicity.

Sorry, but we don't have to keep silence on this and I have the right to talk about that, and to share it with my community, in fact, ODC. We are not in Cuba or Russia here.

So I replied to Jim :

I understand Jim, but yesterday I was asked about my doll Delivery, and it is sure that I cannot lie, I am a member of a community and it is important to share experiences and ask for advices and support. I didn’t put my post and every forum that I know, but on ODC.

So Jim replied me :

Please let me know what day you can ship the doll back. I have to give Fedex a date in order to get the label made correctly.

I replied :

No problem Jim. I will be able to ship on next Monday, April 30. I will take care to wrap her with care for the return.
Jim, I will ask you a refund, instead of a remplacement. It will cost less for you, for me too (I already have paid duty and taxes), and we will not risk to have this again.
You can always use my pictures for a claim on you side.
Please refund me by PayPal before Monday, so I will be ready to return her to you.
Transaction was on Dec. 18, 2018.  2800 USD $.

Thank you.

I don't want to continue losing money in that and pay again for the duty and taxes. It is expensive and it is not  my fault. Plus, Jim just saying that he thinks to stop the international shipment, and I don't want to have another nightmare like that. And I don't want to wait again for a doll, that was already supposed to be delivered on Feb. 18 2018. and it was  we had in our contract that we had together, it was the base of the reason why I bought a Ruby at the moment. I have all email to proove that :

On Dec. 13 2017, Jim wrote me :

We are catching up on back orders so it will be 60 days to get your order done.

Thank you

On Dec. 16 2017, Jim wrote me :

I understand your worry about delays.
We had a theft of silicone (18dolls worth) a while back by the doll manufacturers we used to use. That made for delays in orders. We now have an investment to pay back that silicone and so we are catching up and making new doll orders at the same time. So this is how we can make yours in 60 days.

Cheers

Jim

Jim finished my head last week. 4 Months later. But the body was demolded mi-feb. So while 2 months, my doll body was somewhere in the factory. Many things can happens.

I want to come back about the hand. This photos show clearly that it is not damage from shipping, but defaults when it was molded and a try to repair :

So you will try to let me think that this doll was ship in perfect condition ? No, it is not true. She had some flaws and you didn't informed me. and you knew it, because you have tried to repair it. So this is not honest.

After that, my decision was made to ask for a refund, not to wait and have a new one. Because I lost my trust and it is enough with the waiting time.

Jim replied to me this afternoon :

Sorry, as our policies state we only do replacement if we are at fault.
so we will replace the doll you ordered.

Jim sent me another email this afternoon, after the previous one :

(My name)

very important. Please keep the package as it was when you got it.
fedex will be in touch to see the package. I have a claim set up. They will contact you and come
to see the package in the next 5-7 days. The need to see that it was opened and dirtied up and
the broken leg. This way we can be compensated. Then afterwards we'll work out the return.
Sound good?
Jim

I was in shock when I read it....WHAT ??? Someone will come in my house, see a doll in my privacy, in the middle of my home ? No way. This will never happens.

I wrote back to Jim :

Jim,

To is so inacceptable. I WILL NOT DO THAT UNDER ANY CONDITIONS. Nobody will come in my house (private property) and you cannot force me to do something like that to be refunded. And I will not be the guy beside a doll in my house, while unknow people come to see a doll in the middle of my house.
I have the right to have a privacy. It is not a fridge or a couch that I have bought, it is a sex doll.
So no, I will not do that. If you want to have the doll inspected, do this by yourself in your factory, not in my home.
I want to be refunded, and I will the doll back to you as soon as you send me a refund and the documents for the shipping.
No more discussion.
If you don’t want to refund me, I will first open a claim on Paypal and you can be sure that I will share my experiency on TDF too.
It is enough.
You have until the end of this day to refund me.

Jim replied :

ok you're right. you don't have to let them come. that was their idea.
But our policy is to replace your doll and so we will. We don't do refunds.
That is acceptable by any forum.

It's begins to be totally crazy, incredible, a nightmare. It is very simple, I will just ship back the doll, you refund me, you don't lose money to produce a new one and pay for the shipping that you complaint, I will not lose few hundred dollars more for the duty and taxes, you just refund me. And Jim will be able to claim a refund to Fedex.  Everybody will be happy.
But no, it want to make this a nightmare for a customer.

So, I don't care of his policy. Our contract was the the doll was done and ship 2 months later. That doesn't happened. And I pay by PayPal, and PayPal accept refund. So, I will fill a complaint with Paypal. And I will write on TDF too my experiency. I will not close my mouth.

IT IS ENOUGH.

Mike Tango

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 05:02:55 PM »
I have officially opens a claim with PayPal, because Jim don't want to refund me.

I just hope for both of us (Jim and me) that he (Jim) will be able to be reasonable and just refund me, simply, no more complicated.

I am ready to ship her doll back, why it is so complicated ?

Mike Tango

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 05:21:57 PM »
Plus Jim talks about his policy, but we never had our contract by his website. I was not able to do an order by his website, because the price didn't match, because of his special price.

So he just sent me an invoice by PayPal, asking me to pay for a doll. Just like that.
He never talk to me about policy of refunding or exchange, or send me a copy with the sale. It is supposed to be as any other contract.  You have to give your policy with the sale and you have to explain it to the customer.

So you cannot use a excuse like that after, when troubles come, saying just that your policy say that it is just exchange. No, it is not like that the the law works. In USA, or in Canada. And as it was a international sale, it is the law where the buyer lives at the moment where the contract is signed that is applicable. And I know very well the law, for some reasons.
You don't want troubles with me...

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 05:24:30 PM »
This is unnaceptable to receive a doll in that state when you paid a high price to get a decent doll. A few blemishes can be part of the manufacturing and unavoidable but some damages are looking really bad on this doll. I  don't see why customs or a transporter would damage a client's product for fun. It sounds quite odd to me but could happen I guess.

Anyway the client should not be handled like this when he's in shock. He has all the rights to tell his story to his fellow customers and I understand why he headed first to ODC to seek for help and support. Probably happens differently in the US but in other countries you are free to state an opinion or a REVIEW in a forum. It's important to us all to know what happened.

We will NOT accept flawed dolls in any way ! Manufacturers should take their responsabilities to make sure the products arrives in the best conditions possible or the service is not good.

I wish the best outcome out of that.

deno

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 05:28:45 PM »
The suggestion by Jim that Fedex enter your home and inspect the doll is nothing short of ludicrous!

I hope he comes to his senses and realises what a nightmare this has been for you.

This is not the way to conduct customer service. Hiding behind terms that weren't even incorporated into the sales contract is not the way to resolve things..... ABSOLUTELY SHAMEFUL!

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 05:37:59 PM »
For a side note, an answer to a mail should not take more than 3 days otherwise the communication is poor enough to loose any trust from most of the customers.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »
Wow...

It's a shame that this Doll arrived damaged like that.  But, I think Jim is being treated unfairly here, and it doesn't help that the peanut gallery is piling on.

Jim offered to replace the Doll.

But posting all the correspondence and threatening to post elsewhere is akin to extortion in my mind.

I think this issue could have, and would have been resolved in a timely fashion, had Jim been given a more reasonable amount of time. Seeing as the Doll was just delivered.

If Fedex wanted to see the Doll, and you didn't want them in the house, they could have met in the driveway.

How can a claim be filed without being able to inspect the damaged merchandise ?

And why would PayPal refund for merchandise that was delivered and accepted.

I think everyone should calm down and take a few deep breaths.

Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

Mike Tango

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 07:10:48 PM »
Wow...

It's a shame that this Doll arrived damaged like that.  But, I think Jim is being treated unfairly here, and it doesn't help that the peanut gallery is piling on.

Jim offered to replace the Doll.

But posting all the correspondence and threatening to post elsewhere is akin to extortion in my mind.

I think this issue could have, and would have been resolved in a timely fashion, had Jim been given a more reasonable amount of time. Seeing as the Doll was just delivered.

If Fedex wanted to see the Doll, and you didn't want them in the house, they could have met in the driveway.

How can a claim be filed without being able to inspect the damaged merchandise ?

And why would PayPal refund for merchandise that was delivered and accepted.

I think everyone should calm down and take a few deep breaths.

I am doing extorsion Camp ? Wow...

You could let all the neighbors (I dont live in a field, but in a big city with plenty of neighbors around me) see that you have a doll in your driveway ?

Yes, it is easy for everybody that live inside US, don't deal with customs, dont pay duty, taxes on US dollars that are converted to Canadian Dollars, risk to have another one in bad shape, wait months again to have another one, lose confidence, etc. I dont understand why Jim don't want to refund. It will cost less for him at the end of this adventure to just refund and not make another one, paying for shipping, etc.

Anyway, thank you for the support at a member of the community. I just wanted to be transparent (not as a seller), and share with all of you what is happening, to not this happen to you too...but anyway...I am doing extorsion it appears... someone call the police, arrest me...I am a criminal who just want to have his money back after catch like that...

As someone said...maybe the only reason Jim doesnt want to refund it is because he don't have the money...

Camp, you hurt me.  Sorry to be emotional. I live something hard now...and we speak about money too.

oleesheetmon

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 08:04:00 PM »

It's my understanding if the transaction is done through PayPal, the customer is eligible for a refund in a case like this.

Just too bad you have to jump through a bunch more hoops after the ones you already had to jump through.

I'm hoping that regardless what the seller says, PayPal will refund you and take responsibility for going after the seller.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 08:40:46 PM »
Brash,

The best case scenario is that those customs officials will be fired. Then they could not be so irresponsible or deliberately destructive to someone else's product. Also, their government may order them to make restitution for the damages incurred. If word gets around that this has happened, other customs officials will be more careful in the future.

It makes no difference what the product is or what its intended use might be. This is nothing short of vandalism. Canadian law must have something to say about that.

:police: :police: :police:
"Home isn't a place. It's the people in it. And they will always be with you!"
Andrew J. West as Henry Mills

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
See my gallery for their pictures.

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2018, 08:55:54 PM »
In my opinion, I think your Doll was grossly mishandled during shipping and fucked over by customs.

Having personally dealt with Canadian Customs, and having received large numbers of crushed Fed-Ex boxes, Plus having been witness over the past decade or so in this and other forums, I've seen it many, many times.

I think Jim's only mistake was using Fed-Ex. And I think Customs had a few great laughs fingerbanging your Doll.

But, you are attacking Jims reputation on his manufacturing, and I disagree with this premise because I've never seen it from Ruby, ever.

Furthermore, Fed-Ex is usually very generous in their claims, given the opportunity. They also have to deal with Customs, which I'm sure they can't refute.

Making claims, and seeing claims, takes time. And usually 30 to 60 days.

Jim is making good on a replacement, but he deserves the courtesy of you filing a shipping claim. That's always been protocol on any large shipment I've ever received.

While I understand being upset, I think posting like this, and making demands of a manufacturer without giving reasonable time constraints doesn't help.

And I think the peanut gallery hasn't helped either.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2018, 10:24:47 PM »
You could let all the neighbors (I dont live in a field, but in a big city with plenty of neighbors around me) see that you have a doll in your driveway ?

Did they deliver it to your door ?... The same door you won't let them back to ?

If that's unacceptable, take it to the Fed-Ex terminal ?...

If that box was insured, they have a right to see the damaged goods.

I dont understand why Jim don't want to refund. It will cost less for him at the end of this adventure to just refund and not make another one, paying for shipping, etc.

Business 101.

Customer receives damage goods.... Customer files claim... SHIPPER refunds insured party... Manufacturer makes replacement for cost... Manufacturer claims claim on business losses, claims deduction.
Perhaps files insurance claim to recover costs.

workallday

• New Resident
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2018, 04:14:45 PM »
Mike,

I am so sorry for this experience.  In reading all this and examining the pictures this does not represent my experience with Jim at all.  What I can tell you is that the doll should have been on her back in the box not face down, that tells me fedex opened it, unravelled the bubble wrap, dropped her on the dirty FedEx floor, examined her then threw her back in the box and taped it up. You can see my post and see the pictures of my Brazil and she is luscious.

Keep your head up and stay positive, things will get rectified, just work with Jim to make things right.