Author Topic: Plastic Fingers will not bend or break  (Read 70 times)

LuLu

• New Resident
Plastic Fingers will not bend or break
« on: June 29, 2018, 09:43:40 PM »
Made a hand from plastic. Equipped to rotate whichever way you want. Even double jointed some. All three knuckles.
This cost approx. $1.50 in materials to make. And you can make them yourself. Customizing the lengths of fingers and knuckle placement of your doll.
The finger lengths were taken from my doll. Palm is just for demonstration.
Have also made a ball jointed wrist, which is still in concept stage, but will work for doll hands. It bends exactly like a human wrist. all pivots.
The Plastic will not break. The joints will not come apart easily. The first couple fingers I'd made were very tough to pull apart. So inside the doll it's not an issue.
This is the very first hand and wrist I've made, so it can always be improved. Always learning.

Unlike many inventors, I'm not short of cash, and am not intent on selling anything down the road. It's just a fun, alternative idea.
If your interested in learning how this was done, send me a message if you like.

EvasFella

• New Resident
  • By Her Side....
Re: Plastic Fingers will not bend or break
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 04:33:45 PM »
Hey I know you!!  8)

Excellent work!  I should really do that with Eva's fingers as one of what I called unbreakables ... broke!

LuLu

• New Resident
Re: Plastic Fingers will not bend or break
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 05:57:45 PM »
Hey I know you!!  8)

Excellent work!  I should really do that with Eva's fingers as one of what I called unbreakables ... broke!

If you notice I'd put "Joints will not come apart easily" Unbreakable??  Hmmm they said the Titanic was unsinkable :) More realistic minds said "Practically Unsinkable"
Valuable Lessons we must learn huh?
The first couple finger joints I made took some abuse to get them to break. The plastic is tough stuff, it holds up to bending well. Not a hard plastic, wont snap.
Maybe try some of this plastic stuff for different design to house wires, instead of having wires break at plate. It's like working with gel when it's heated.
Put wires in it, then jam it into palm plate, but have the plastic sticking out 3/4", taking the load at palm plate instead of the wires.
I bought it on Ebay, 4 bucks for 100 grams.  Bought similar stuff on Aliexpress as well. Handy for different things.
100 grams do not seem like much, but it is lots to work with.