Author Topic: Plastic Fingers will not bend or break  (Read 182 times)

LuLu

• Resident
Plastic Fingers will not bend or break
« on: June 29, 2018, 09:43:40 PM »
Made a hand from plastic. Equipped to rotate whichever way you want. Even double jointed some. All three knuckles.
This cost approx. $1.50 in materials to make. And you can make them yourself. Customizing the lengths of fingers and knuckle placement of your doll.
The finger lengths were taken from my doll. Palm is just for demonstration.
Have also made a ball jointed wrist, which is still in concept stage, but will work for doll hands. It bends exactly like a human wrist. all pivots.
The Plastic will not break. The joints will not come apart easily. The first couple fingers I'd made were very tough to pull apart. So inside the doll it's not an issue.
This is the very first hand and wrist I've made, so it can always be improved. Always learning.

Unlike many inventors, I'm not short of cash, and am not intent on selling anything down the road. It's just a fun, alternative idea.
If your interested in learning how this was done, send me a message if you like.
But plastic is made from Polymorph plastic pellets, can be heated and shaped whatever way you wish.
This will work well for those wanting an alternative from factory.
I was messaged on the other place, and they stated this wont work for molding of doll. No kidding Einstein!! It's not for the factory it's for replacement of factory.

It's all A-Ok!! :)

Very tough ball wrist. Still in concept but does work nice!! Just like the human type of wrist. Pivots the same.
Made from 2 pieces of plate drilled holes for ball to seat. Drilled hole and tapped for bolt. I've not yet decided how this will attach to forearm of doll, in fact I want to make it smaller.
Possibilities endless

EvasFella

• New Resident
  • By Her Side....
Re: Plastic Fingers will not bend or break
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 04:33:45 PM »
Hey I know you!!  8)

Excellent work!  I should really do that with Eva's fingers as one of what I called unbreakables ... broke!

LuLu

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 11:45:05 AM »
Re-posted images.
The images I had got wiped or whatever.
Hosting sites maybe messing with 'em...who knows.

EvasFella

• New Resident
  • By Her Side....
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 10:43:47 PM »
You know I am interested in this! I already have 3/4 of that on Eva. Just need to make the finger parts... as of now I used some house wire. solid copper. it's stiff but I want to at least test its durability. And grip!

Eva L'Fleur now with KUNG FU GRIP! LOL

I know we spoke about this before somewhere else, but Still interested in the this idea!

EF

LuLu

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 09:54:35 AM »
You know I am interested in this! I already have 3/4 of that on Eva. Just need to make the finger parts... as of now I used some house wire. solid copper. it's stiff but I want to at least test its durability. And grip!

Eva L'Fleur now with KUNG FU GRIP! LOL

I know we spoke about this before somewhere else, but Still interested in the this idea!

EF

Unfortunately, I could not get away without using wire in these. I used a steel wire (Garden tie wire) Heated up poly and slid "bones" over the wires.  I did try to add plastic ball beads (slid over wire) for joints. For strength and some pivot. Not sure what that will help do, if anything. wrapped thread around joints for stability.
I've been bending them all the time, have not broke yet. A couple joints may be weak however.
It's a first attempt at something different anyway. This fall will play around with it some more.

Ball joint wrist will definitely work. Perfecting that is a challenge as well. It does give a natural movement. Big question? How long would it last before having to open up doll to tighten up? :)
Have sort of figured out how it would install on a flex wire type wrist.  Hinged type wrist probably would not be difficult to modify something in.

Just having a little bit of creative fun anyway.