Author Topic: Kind of filled with iggnorance when it comes to a doll right now.  (Read 299 times)

MALMWD

• New Resident
First off, how is everyone doing? In your professional opinion, what type of doll is better to have for a horny guy like myself. TPE or Silicone. The sites I have looked into are FineLoveDolls and Sweet Doll (DS). Those dolls I can afford currently. There is another site I really liked and forgot the name. Something like Shinghan or Shanghu (something like that). Its on my history page at home on the laptop. Hope y'all have a great weekend.

FLDollGuy

• Resident
    • Mon Amour Toujours
Re: Kind of filled with iggnorance when it comes to a doll right now.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 09:07:27 PM »
You're going to open up the floodgates with this question. Here's a blog post that I wrote about some options:

http://monamourtoujours.blogspot.com/2018/02/sex-dolls-101-body-language.html
http://www.monamourtoujours.com/

Mon Amour Toujours customers know the difference- A trusted vendor.

You have been so great through this entire process of just ordering her. I was overwhelmed at first when I was on my own in a sea of scams and shady deals. I was looking in the wrong places and lost in the amount of good and bad info. Thank you so much for answering every one of my constant emails and always responding like you are a friend. I couldn't have made it to this point without you. I also couldn't be happier with my purchase at this point and the relief of knowing that it's all in your hands now. I trust you. Thanks again Don.

R.C.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 10:53:46 PM »
You should give chat a try.  :thumb:

For straight up fucking, TPE is hard to beat.

I'd talk to Jeff at Booty Call Dolls

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 11:22:31 PM »
Not for nothing...

With the exception of a few server migration screw-ups, ODC has almost a decade of posts covering everything Doll.

122,000 posts, over 7500 topics. Not to mention over 40,000 images in the gallery.

All your answers are hidden in plain sight. Good luck with your quest.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 10:41:09 AM »
Hi MALMWD and welcome to ODC.

In my humble opinion, TPE dolls are 100% better than silicone for what you are looking for.

I have owned many silicone dolls and my TPE doll have replaced them all.

This is Kim showing off her new boots, she is a YL155C

Like Begog said, contact Jeff with Booty Call Dolls.

By the way Begog who is this lovely creature?  I do not see many dolls these days that WOW me but, she is a show stopper!

I have been thinking about a playmate for Kim and she just shot to the top of the short list!

Coral
Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

ttnlbtpd

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 05:01:48 AM »
Begog is correct. Dollar for Dollar, TPE is hard to beat. A lot depends on personal preference however. I personally, do not like TPE. My biggest hangup is the smell and feel of the material. Its also a much more delicate than silicone.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!
Gallery: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=12735

ownerfckdoll

• New Resident
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 12:36:44 PM »
Begog is correct. Dollar for Dollar, TPE is hard to beat. A lot depends on personal preference however. I personally, do not like TPE. My biggest hangup is the smell and feel of the material. Its also a much more delicate than silicone.

I think you hit the head on the nail.  Full disclosure in that I have never owned a TPE doll, but I have owned some TPE toys.  Also realize that you may get different results from different formulations of TPE.

BUT, as a general overview here is what I gather from all I have seen TPE owners talk about:

Pros of TPE:

Lighter than silicone

Generally softer/squisher than silicone (although this may be a con for some, I prefer the harder "toned" feeling of my silicone doll)

Cheaper than silicone

Cons of TPE:

Most people have a negative reaction to the smell and the taste of TPE.  (although some say the smell of their particular doll dissipates over a few days/weeks, while other's say the smell persists).  But I've not seen anyone say they like the taste of TPE.   In contrast silicone has a slight sweet smell to it and really has no taste at all.  But since 99% of taste comes from the smell of what you are tasting, the sweet smell adds to the wonderful feel of kissing/licking/eating out your doll.

TPE doesn't seem to be as durable as platinum cured silicone.  I've fucked my doll tens of thousands of times, and while the tin cured silicone did not hold up nearly as well as I would have wished, the platinum cured silicone has been a miracle.   Disclaimer: My doll also has an insert which probably also contributes to the durability over time of heavy use.

I believe that if you DO have to do a repair, that TPE is more convoluted and difficult to repaire, where a cut/gash in silicone can just be cleaned out and glued back together with RTV silicone sealant.

Others with more experience may correct some of what I say, but based upon reading countless threads about dolls/TPE, I believe what I say to be currently accurate.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 01:40:37 PM »
Pros of TPE:

Lighter than silicone

Um, I think you are mistaken here...A certain size volume of TPE may weigh less than the equal amount of Silicone, BUT this is not true of identical size and proportioned dolls made of the two materials. This is because Silicone is cured at room temperature, so this allows makers of silicone dolls to put foam cores in them. These foam cores being much lighter than silicone take up a lot of the inner space of a silicone doll so less silicone is needed to make a silicone doll, making them lighter by comparison. This can't be done at present with TPE because, the high temperatures needed to cure TPE would melt / ruin foam cores. All TPE dolls are solid TPE.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

LuLu

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 02:25:14 PM »
Pros of TPE:

Lighter than silicone

Um, I think you are mistaken here...A certain size volume of TPE may weigh less than the equal amount of Silicone, BUT this is not true of identical size and proportioned dolls made of the two materials. This is because Silicone is cured at room temperature, so this allows makers of silicone dolls to put foam cores in them. These foam cores being much lighter than silicone take up a lot of the inner space of a silicone doll so less silicone is needed to make a silicone doll, making them lighter by comparison. This can't be done at present with TPE because, the high temperatures needed to cure TPE would melt / ruin foam cores. All TPE dolls are solid TPE.
Having a foam core would make sense a silicone doll is lighter.
I've only had a experience with TPE. But my dolly is of the athletic type. very firm butt!! Muscular!! Don't mess with my little pipsqueak LuAnne... she's toned and muscular and will kick butt LOL
From what I've seen from silicone repair videos, Silicone is much easier to get a clean straight cut. Where TPE can be a pain to cut if not knowing the best way. (Sharp scissors, rather than a blade.)
Hey, no matter what your doll is made from, if she makes you happy, that's all that counts :)

Begog

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 08:17:41 PM »

By the way Begog who is this lovely creature?  I do not see many dolls these days that WOW me but, she is a show stopper!

Coral

LOL! She's a Hybrid. That's Vema's WM155 body with an SY#120 Head on it.

Yeah. That head. It's insanely sexy! :drool: