Author Topic: Now Introducing Iris (Smart Doll) (Infinity)  (Read 2718 times)

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
Now Introducing Iris (Smart Doll) (Infinity)
« on: July 24, 2018, 03:42:51 PM »
Hey everyone,

Well the resistance was futile... And I caved in once again on another little cutie.. However
this time I blame the fact that Myra needed a companion..  :whistle:  Yeah! That's right!!
Mrya needed a friend to look super cute with..  LOL!

Well the truth is.. I've actually been looking at purchasing this particular doll for a few months now..
And She's ironically the one I was hoping to buy at Anime Expo this year.. But that was before I
found out that Culture Japan had not attended AX since 2016.. Anyway when I got back
home from vacation I decided to check out the Smart Doll retailer here in the US..  Soon after
that my sweet Iris was on order..  The order was placed last Thursday and she was shipped
out the next day..  And to my amazement her box arrived on my doorstep two days later.. 

Unfortunately at this point Iris and Myra will have to share clothing.. And as funny as it sounds I don't
have enough outfits for both of them.. I guess I should have bought Iris at least a T-shirt and shorts..
Instead of getting her bigger tits..  :whistle:  Hey priorities are priorities.. 

Oh well.. A boat load of outfits will soon come.. But in the mean time here's Iris in that cute mint &
chocolate dress you all saw Myra in..  :D

And here's a close up of her cute little face..

DOLLS + LINGERIE = ONE HECK OF A GOOD TIME!!!!

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Re: Now Introducing Iris (Smart Doll) (Infinity)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 03:56:57 PM »
Congratulations Nova!!  :)

She's definitely a cute and shapely little lady. 8)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 08:39:58 PM »
Nova-1,

Iris and Myra could be dolls for your full-sized dolls. So if they are dolls' dolls, does that make them dolls2 (dolls squared)? The two of them are twice cute!

8) ;) 8)
"Home isn't a place. It's the people in it. And they will always be with you!"
Andrew J. West as Henry Mills

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
See my gallery for their pictures.

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 02:54:40 AM »
I was wondering how compatible the clothing was between a Volks & Smart Doll. Looks like it's very
compatible between your girls Nova ! Now you have another source of small doll clothing for both of
them.

Oh... Just to give you a heads up, if you contact Volks USA with your info (E-mail address, etc...),
they will send  E-mail newsletters to you. Have gotten a couple now from them.

Congrats on your Smart Doll Nova !  :)

Take care! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 06:07:34 PM »
Congratulations Nova!!  :)

She's definitely a cute and shapely little lady. 8)

Thanks Ceej!! I've been totally drooling over this one for a few months now.. Glad I finally got her..  ^-^

Infinity is a cute doll with those freckles. Might have to invest in a :redhead: to go along with them  :whistle:

She can be a bit feisty too;

Thanks Incred... I really like how she looks as a  :redhead:
Just might have to get her one..  And Damn! She looks really good
 in that outfit too.. I just love those long legs Smart Dolls have..

Nova-1,

Iris and Myra could be dolls for your full-sized dolls. So if they are dolls' dolls, does that make them dolls2 (dolls squared)? The two of them are twice cute!

8) ;) 8)

LOL! I like your way of thinking there Noq..   :D
Oh and thanks for the nice comment..  :thumb:

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 06:15:23 PM »
I was wondering how compatible the clothing was between a Volks & Smart Doll. Looks like it's very
compatible between your girls Nova ! Now you have another source of small doll clothing for both of
them.

Oh... Just to give you a heads up, if you contact Volks USA with your info (E-mail address, etc...),
they will send  E-mail newsletters to you. Have gotten a couple now from them.

Congrats on your Smart Doll Nova !  :)

Thanks LL!! And I appreciate the heads up...

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 08:27:51 PM »
With regard to the clothes and accessories from Smart Doll, the main reason on the cost is where they are made. Everything is made in Japan, and to Danny's specs. He is quite picky on the details and function.

The latest item are @ $100. eyeglasses, and these are just the frames, the glass is sold separately. Mainly because most people didn't want the glass interfering with the eyes, or reflecting when taking pictures. Anyway here is what (Danny) Smart Doll says;

Introducing Smart Doll Vision - a new line of glasses for Smart Doll - each handcrafted by craftsmen (and women) in the city of Fukui Japan - a city known for its glasses industry - well whats left of it anyway. While much of Japan’s industries have moved to cheap labor countries, I prefer to keep Smart Doll with its related apparel and accessories made in Japan - the glasses are no exception.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The first in the series is called “Kanata Megane” (“Megane” pronounced “Meh-gar-ney” meaning “glasses” in Japanese) and is designed for one of our characters called Kanata Hoshikawa.
The frame material is called Beta Titanium - a strong but flexible alloy. While its not indestructible - its very resilient and bendy as you can see from the photos.

Here is a link to the glasses; https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/new/products/kanata-glasses

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 11:15:14 AM »
With regard to the clothes and accessories from Smart Doll, the main reason on the cost is where they are made. Everything is made in Japan, and to Danny's specs. He is quite picky on the details and function.

The latest item are @ $100. eyeglasses, and these are just the frames, the glass is sold separately. Mainly because most people didn't want the glass interfering with the eyes, or reflecting when taking pictures. Anyway here is what (Danny) Smart Doll says;

Introducing Smart Doll Vision - a new line of glasses for Smart Doll - each handcrafted by craftsmen (and women) in the city of Fukui Japan - a city known for its glasses industry - well whats left of it anyway. While much of Japan’s industries have moved to cheap labor countries, I prefer to keep Smart Doll with its related apparel and accessories made in Japan - the glasses are no exception.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The first in the series is called “Kanata Megane” (“Megane” pronounced “Meh-gar-ney” meaning “glasses” in Japanese) and is designed for one of our characters called Kanata Hoshikawa.
The frame material is called Beta Titanium - a strong but flexible alloy. While its not indestructible - its very resilient and bendy as you can see from the photos.

Here is a link to the glasses; https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/new/products/kanata-glasses

Yeah I can understand that..  Those are very sexy glasses by the way...
Might have to bite my lip and buy some glasses for Iris.

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 01:44:07 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Recently I found a really neat eBay store that specializes in outfits for Start Dolls,  Volks and BJD..
And they seem have a lot of Anime cosplay character outfits too.. They also sell shoes, eyes and wigs
for the 60 cm dolls as well.  I ended up splurging a bit and got 5 new outfits for both Iris and Myra..
And even though the clothing they sale is supposedly stain resistant.  They through in a high quality
protective full body suit compatible for a Dollfie Dream Sister and Smart Doll..

Anyways here is the first outfit we decided to share pictures of...   Iris says Meow....  :D

More pics of the other outfits will come soon.. And just encase your interested in checking
out the eBay store I got these outfits from.. Here's the link..

https://www.ebay.com/str/blueblooddoll2008?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 01:46:18 PM »
Oh wow!!   :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 05:28:14 PM »
Really cute looking Nova !  :)

I'm going to have to check things out from the Amazon.Com side of things for outfits. I did check out
some sites I was given by someone at the Volks USA booth, but they are overseas and a couple of them
are in China. I'm also finding out I need to convert Yuna's measurements into Centimeters for some
stores and also try to find out what "Scale" (1/6th, 1/8th. etc....) she is due a lot of stores going by
what scale your doll is.

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2018, 06:19:41 PM »
Really cute looking Nova !  :)

I'm going to have to check things out from the Amazon.Com side of things for outfits. I did check out
some sites I was given by someone at the Volks USA booth, but they are overseas and a couple of them
are in China. I'm also finding out I need to convert Yuna's measurements into Centimeters for some
stores and also try to find out what "Scale" (1/6th, 1/8th. etc....) she is due a lot of stores going by
what scale your doll is.

Thanks LL.. Anyways I believe they are 1/3rd scale dolls..  At least all of the outfits I got note it in the description.. 
In fact that cat outfit on Iris is actually for the Dollfie Dream Dynamite (DDdy)... Which is what model you have if
I'm correct.. And it fits both my Smart Doll and Dollfie Dream Sister (DDS) beautifully.. Oh and they also give the
measurement for the DDdy in centimeters.. Hope this helps..

Measurements for Dollfie Dream (DDdy) Size:

Shoulder Width: 10.5cm

Bust circumference : 26.5cm

Waist circumference: 16cm

Hips circumference: 27cm

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2018, 01:43:22 AM »
Thanks Nova !  Took a look at Amazon.Com to see what they might have in the way of clothes / items for
Yuna, but from what I saw (So far...), I'm better off looking elsewhere. Prices look "Jacked-Up" compaired
to the prices on the Volks USA site.

I mainly want a pair of boots for Yuna. The type that look like the ones on my Super Sonico avatar. They
can also go taller. Volks did have a pair of boots like that in their shoe section with laces, but I called about
them and was told they wouldn't fit a DDDy sized doll's feet.   >:(

It isn't also helping I've been forced overtime at work and it could go on for a couple of more weeks. One day
off isn't cutting it.

Thanks again for any & all info ! It helps greatly.  :)

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2018, 02:21:52 PM »
No worries LL.. Glad to help where I can..  Hope your able to find what your looking for..  And I'll definitely
keep my eye pealed for some boots like that too..