Author Topic: CLEAN EYES  (Read 223 times)

Brin

• New Resident
CLEAN EYES
« on: September 03, 2020, 05:10:21 PM »
Try this little hack for keeping your dolls eyes clean when you have to repair the eyelashes , or even just putting on her eyeliner.
      Cut a small piece of saran wrap or flexible plastic ,lay it on the eye and tuck the edges under the eyelids after you finish your repairs take a pair of tweezers and gently pull out the wrap and tadah ,nice clean eyeball.
      This little trick even works when your putting the finish spray on her makeup.Easy way to keep her eyes nice and shiny.
The extraordinary is in what we do.....Not who we are.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Re: CLEAN EYES
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 07:02:13 AM »
Cool idea!  :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

rk105rider

• New Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 07:00:16 AM »
A good idea. I use Wax Paper, the same way. The Super Glue does not adhere to the Wax Paper, when reattaching Eyelashes.

phillip57

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 01:01:56 PM »
A good idea. I use Wax Paper, the same way. The Super Glue does not adhere to the Wax Paper, when reattaching Eyelashes.

Yikes!  Super glue can weep into places you didn't know existed. I would avoid using sg on dolls. Just my opinion.

Phil
All things are relative.

Brin

• New Resident
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 04:56:56 PM »
Thats why I only use super glue gel ,only goes where I put it.
The extraordinary is in what we do.....Not who we are.

HydeJekyll

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 12:39:48 AM »
Thanks for the tips, I need to re-glue some toenails, they seem to fall off easily. In fact, I have taken to storing 2of my dolls with shoes to protect the feet.

doll_master

• Resident
  • Doll are just a wonderful way to love people
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 09:27:26 PM »
i use clear elmer's glue for nails and eyelashes. works well. Super glue dries to hard and can actually damage TPE making it hard and brittle. THe elmers drys soft. It just takes longer to dry but works well.