Author Topic: Review: Jarliet - My First Purchase  (Read 348 times)

Mimikos Human

• New Resident
Review: Jarliet - My First Purchase
« on: September 30, 2018, 03:16:27 PM »
I recently purchased my first doll before I'd even found this forum. Once I did, I decided to look for reviews of the manufacturer I bought from and couldn't find any so I'm posting one here. The customer service has been fantastic. I'm going to do most of this in a time line so you can get a sense of everything.

Monday:

Sent Jarliet a message on Alibaba asking questions about their dolls. I saw a model that I liked, but it wasn't listed in their English shop. They seem to have a larger selection in their Chinese store.

A sales rep by the name of Eartha responded, I opted to move the conversation over to WeChat. Once we were in WeChat all of my messages from then on out were answered within 20 minutes.

I was told that dolls couldn't be shipped to my country due to customs now allowing this kind of product, so I asked if I could pick it up in Hong Kong and take it back on the plane with me.

I asked for more pictures of the doll from the Chinese site, she sent them, and then sent me an invoice in English Alibaba for the amount that was quoted in WeChat.

She said no problem. I checked airfare and hotels, and discovered the best prices for me to hop over to HK from my country were flying on either Saturday or Sunday. I asked if I paid the next day (TUesday) if the doll could be ready for me to pick up in HK on Sunday. She agreed.

I'm pretty sure this is one of their original dolls because I did a reverse image search on several of the Chinese website photos, and couldn't find the same model sold in any other store.

(Note: I live in Asia so airfare to HK and back was about $200... Not like flying in from the USA - I'm not that crazy.)

Tuesday:

Paid the invoice early afternoon. Jarliet got right to work on manufacturing the doll.

Sales rep double checked all the specifications in WeChat including: Height, eye color, skin color, areola color, labia color, hair yes/no, etc.

Told me I would receive pictures as soon as it was finished. Reassured me that the package would be waiting at my hotel in HK when I arrived on Sunday.

Thursday:

Received photos of finished doll via WeChat. I asked to buy an extra wig with the initial order, and they posed the doll with an assortment of wigs. I knew for sure I wanted the one in the advertisement on the Chinese website, but I was torn between two others. The sales rep offered to give me an extra one free of charge. She also threw in 2 extra vagina inserts just in case extras should be needed in the future, and I didn't want to worry about shipping to my country.  I’m thinking that the material could be used for repairs should the need ever arise. I saw a video about a guy who tried to fix a broken hand with the wrong color tpe and it didn’t go over well.

A bunch of photos later, I confirmed my approval of the finished product and the doll was packed for shipping.

Friday:

Problem - the local delivery service refused to carry this kind of product. I was worried that I wasn't going to get the doll in time for my flight out of HK on Monday, but Jarliet stepped up and hired a private courier service to take the doll from their factory to my hotel on SAturday so the box was waiting for me when I checked in. I was really impressed by this. The courier cost them a lot more money than a ordinary delivery service, and they could have easily told me "Too bad. Wait until Monday while we ship FedEx." but they didn't do that.

Saturday:

Delivered to hotel.  Sent photo of confirmation from courier.

Sunday:

Arrived at the hotel and the doll was waiting for me, unopened, in good packaging.

Box Contents:
- Doll body
- Head
- 3x Wigs (purchased 2, 1 free)
- 3x Vag inserts (2 free)
- Gloves
- USB warmer
- 1x really soft blanket
- very thin white dress

Quality:

This is my first doll so it's really hard for me to assess quality relative to other dolls. I will say that she looks a lot nicer in person than in the factory photos that were sent to me. I don't see creases behind the legs when I bend her knees, though all of the joints except the knees are pretty stiff. I read that this is normal.

I got the standing feet option, and I'm still learning how to adjust the posture to make her stand easily. I suspect that this is more me not knowing what I'm doing than any fault of the product.

I will say that it's a lot smaller than I expected, but again that's more my fault than anything. I didn't pull out a tape measure and see how tall 128 CM really is before ordering.

I guess time will have to tell when it comes to how well she'll hold up.

Overall:

These guys get super high marks for customer service. I haven't had anyone be this attentive to me in any industry in a very long time. I mean... They hired a private courier to take the doll to my hotel, for no extra charge. I know that it cost them more money than standard shipping would. That's going above and beyond what I think most companies would do.

Every time I had a question, they have plenty of information to provide me, and were even willing to send me photos of the doll's creation process ranging from the skeleton to the finished product.

Add in the extra wig and 2x vj inserts they threw in, and it's really hard for me to give their service anything but a perfect review.

The price is not expensive, I guess this is because when you buy from them you're ordering directly from the manufacturer. Again, I'm a first time doll owner, so it's quite hard for me to speak to quality, and there's no way I can know at this point how the doll will hold up over time.

The only minus is that it feels like the English websites (both their official page and alibaba) are a bit incomplete compared to the Chinese and Japanese ones. That said, if you can browse their Chinese alibaba and official shops they will still sell you any of the dolls you find there. They'll just send you a custom alibaba invoice for the negotiated price.

Z-Dr

• Sr. Resident
  • City Engineer
Re: Review: Jarliet - My First Purchase
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 04:57:57 PM »
Congratulations and welcome to ODC. :welcome:

What kind of doll is this?  From your descriptions it sounds like she is made out of TPE.  Do you have any links to their products?

Mimikos Human

• New Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 11:50:54 PM »
Congratulations and welcome to ODC. :welcome:

What kind of doll is this?  From your descriptions it sounds like she is made out of TPE.  Do you have any links to their products?

The doll is in fact made of TPE and when I get back to my computer I can follow up with links to their site.

As for linking to the specific doll, and posting pictures, I’m not sure if I’m allowed to by the forum rules since it’s a small doll (128 cm) that doesn’t have enormous breasts (I’m not a fan of the monster boobs). It would likely be classified as young looking.

I’m mostly just using Mimiko for dressing up in different outfits, but if I understand the rules correctly even non-sexual photos aren’t allowed.

Polaroid

• Sr. Resident
  • Doll Paparazzi
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 12:12:07 AM »

(I’m not a fan of the monster boobs).

:o

Mimikos Human

• New Resident
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 12:23:44 AM »

(I’m not a fan of the monster boobs).

:o

Lol... even with real ladies I’m not into really big ones. No Ds DDs and Hs for me.

I guess I’m living in the right part of the world because a smaller is more the rule than the exception with local women.

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 06:08:39 AM »
Welcome, Mimikos Good review!

No big boobs where you're from but Asian women tend to keep their looks for a good long while, so that is a big plus  ;D

If your doll is young looking, you should not post a picture.

Mimikos Human

• New Resident
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 07:33:38 AM »
Alright noted, and thanks for the welcome.

I’ve been looking for a site for non-sexy doll photography but have been coming up short.  The only two with galleries, tdf and here have rules against young looking ones.

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 08:39:18 PM »
 :welcome: to ODC

You can use what we use as a guide for determining the age of a doll; https://www.how-old.net/#

This site is one of the factors. Also how the doll is made to look (older or younger).

We are surprised that a lot of Asian looking dolls tend to look young to us but not to that program. Ex.

I know the small dolls like this 100cm look young because of the physical size, but this program only looks at the faces;

Mimikos Human

• New Resident
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 06:19:58 AM »
Okay I'm back at my computer now.  As promised here are the links to their websites.

Commercial Website:  (They seem to have different dolls based on what language you select.)
https://jarliet.com/

English Alibaba:
https://jarliet.en.alibaba.com/

Chinese Alibaba:
(biggest selection as of the time of my purchase)
https://jarliet.1688.com/

Here's an example of a doll that's available there, but not any of their English websites:
https://detail.1688.com/offer/573105473071.html

A note on pricing:
The price you see on the Chinese site is for bulk orders, so the price will be a little higher for single doll orders. 

If you find a doll that you like on one of the non-English sites, contact them in Alibaba (or via e-mail or WeChat - this info is on the retail site) with a link to the 1688 product, and they will be more than happy to send you a custom invoice so you can pay in USD and not have to hassle with creating an account on a foreign language website. 

I can't speak for other sales representatives, but Eartha was awesome.  I think she handles all the English Alibaba stuff.

Julian

• New Resident
    • My E-Commerce Web..
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 04:30:58 PM »
I'm sorry to hear you had to go thru all the changes to to buy a Doll..

Mimikos Human

• New Resident
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 07:10:05 AM »
I'm sorry to hear you had to go thru all the changes to to buy a Doll..

It wasn't so bad all things considered.  I'm no stranger to HK, and it's just a 2-3 hours on an airplane between where I live and there.   Suspect I ended up saving money as shipping would have been a lot, whereas transport was free as checked luggage.

Mimikos Human

• New Resident
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 07:27:38 AM »
Update:

I've had my doll for about a month now, and she's holding up well.    The joints are a bit easier to move around now and there's no sign of problems with the body beyond a little TPE staining above the ear from a dark material I put there before.   It was dark when it was new, but now has almost faded. 

I accidentally poked a hole in one of the vaginal inserts early on while I was still getting the hang of  putting it in and taking it out, but it's tiny, and I was given 2 spares.   I haven't had any problems of that nature since.