December 14, 2018, 11:23:57 PM

Author Topic: Remember this doll?  (Read 1197 times)

FrozenArctic

• Resident
Re: Remember this doll?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 09:40:32 AM »

Good morning all. We had some developments over the weekend. On Friday night I noticed Avery's left knee was moving a bit more freely than it was supposed too and could feel a piece of metal poking from under the silicone on the back of her leg. So after work on Saturday I once again loaded her up, (this time in the front seat!) to take her to the good doctor's house. Upon arrival we opened up Avery's leg and this is what we found.

This poor doll! But lucky she is in good hands. We removed the broken thigh and ended up making a replacement thigh with some new PVC, spray foam, and added some clamps to hopefully reinforce the ends.

This is what they looked like before being shaped down.

And this is the end product. Very similar to the original! I had to leave before we were able to install the part, but everything was fitting well. I ordered a tube of sil-poxy this yesterday and it should arrive midway through the week, so this weekend she should be back in working form. I'll keep updating here when I find out more!

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 03:35:06 AM »
My goodness thats a big operation for the recurring old broken knee problem !

Had to do these repairs and more on my Sin so I can commiserate with you.

Hope it goes well for you and Avery, sounds like you have a good doll doctor performing the op
for album click the pic

FrozenArctic

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 11:37:18 PM »
Another Saturday in the books and a lot more progress has been made! The new thigh has been installed and everything seems to be in working order. After making sure things were good the ends of the cut were sealed up with Sil-Poxy and pins and some more spray foam was added around the thigh to give it the proper thickness. We've left it to cure overnight and if all goes well Avery should be ready to come home tomorrow. :D

YKW

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2018, 04:50:38 PM »

She is doing much better and is part of the FrozenArctic Circle! I'd like to formally introduce Avery!

Samara78 did a wonderful job tuning her up this past weekend, and taught me a lot about repairs too, so many thanks to her for that!

Holy smokes, do I remember that doll? How could I forget? Her headless corpse fell right on top of me when I opened the crate! CND did a superior job repairing the unrepairable, and you've taken her to the next level. Great job! Great photos!

cnd2008

• New Resident
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2018, 11:39:06 PM »
She can be hanged, I reinforced the cross joint and had her up on the wall for several months

cnd2008

• New Resident
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 08:53:50 AM »
I love that Saran Wrap technique with the pins, that's a great idea!!  I'm repairing a hip on a Z-one 170cm now I'm going to employ that tactic when I repair the exterior.