Author Topic: Repairing Broken Fingers on TPE Doll  (Read 133 times)

mister-j

• New Resident
Repairing Broken Fingers on TPE Doll
« on: October 11, 2018, 12:23:48 AM »
Does anyone have any clear step by step instructions and/or video to do the repair?

mister-j

• New Resident
Re: Repairing Broken Fingers on TPE Doll
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 12:43:14 AM »
I decided to go ahead with finger repair and was successful.  Learned a few do's and don't but all worked out in the end.  There are some videos on youtube that helped.

The biggest mistake is using PL3 contractors glue.  Maybe I used the wrong kind but it didn't work at all and had to redo everything with an epoxy.

grimreefer24601

• New Resident
    • Grim's Doll Accessories
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 11:32:37 PM »
Some of us have been working with a new hand plate.  It's very limited considering the man who made the best of them has passed away.  I know some people who are making this plate again.

Big thing is replaceable fingers.  Damaged fingers could be replaced through a pin hole.

I've been poking Jinsan about a custom skeleton with this hand plate.  They say their MOQ is 1000 for this.  I can't get 1000 orders.  I wish.

Grim

Halleheals

• Resident
  • Doll crazy entering doll dementia
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 09:38:33 AM »
I decided to go ahead with finger repair and was successful.  Learned a few do's and don't but all worked out in the end.  There are some videos on youtube that helped.

The biggest mistake is using PL3 contractors glue.  Maybe I used the wrong kind but it didn't work at all and had to redo everything with an epoxy.

You were able to find an epoxy that mended TPE? Would you mind sharing what product worked for you?
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations