December 15, 2018, 06:49:01 PM

Author Topic: Cost Justification  (Read 272 times)

Dreamin

• New Resident
Cost Justification
« on: November 18, 2018, 03:03:12 PM »
I never knew about life sized realistic dolls until last January when I saw an article about Harmony.  The article was about the robotics but the doll part of it caught my attention.  I was intrigued but when I saw the $7k price I was  :o  I'm an accountant by profession and there is no way the accountant in me could ever justify spending $7k for a doll. 

I got into photography in 2012 which then lead to glamour photography with models.  I'm not a social person so it was hard to keep up with the social networking that is required for glamour photography.  I took a new position at work on 2017 which included a cross country move and a greater time commitment so my photography hobby came to a halt.  The idea of shooting with a realistic doll to keep my skills and interest up was perfect, ... but the accountant in me just cannot justify $7k for a doll.

I compromised.  I bought a $2k TPE and have regretted it since the first day.  The poorly constructed frame that is supposed to be a standing option but can barely stand even propped against a wall.  The staining, not just from leaving an outfit on overnight but staining from holding an outfit against her to see how it looks.  I tried to get into it but but I spent more time trying to get the doll ready than I did actually taking photos.  I haven't done a photo shoot with her in 2 months and this is after I spent over $1k in outfits.  My experience with my TPE makes the cost justification that much harder.  $7k and what if it's a poorly made product like the TPE.  The accountant in me says no way is $7k justified for a doll.

There comes a time in ones life where you just have to tell the voice of reason in your head, the accountant, to shut the fuck up.  My Olivia will be ready in 16 weeks.

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
Re: Cost Justification
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 03:09:42 PM »

My Olivia will be ready in 16 weeks.

Just those few words about sums it up ,Im sure she will inspire in more ways than one. :)
for album click the pic

Nickster

• New Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 03:12:28 PM »
You won't be disappointed!!

You've ordered the Ferrari of all dolls, Abyss is the best and they've got a number of happy customers here  8)
Nick and Kristal

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 03:15:44 PM »
Amortize my investment...

I paid $5250 for my Dottie almost 13 years ago.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 06:30:37 AM »
Congratulations Dreamin!!  I don't think you'll be disappointed.

These girls are very glamorous

"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Brick_Dollbanger

• New Resident
  • Zebo
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 10:27:22 AM »
Welcome to the Doll life my friend. You will not be disappointed with your Realdoll Olivia. She will satisfy your every whim, whether it be carnal or photographic. Realdoll is the most durable and realistic doll on the market. Since the inception of Galmato-Haven, your Realdoll has a potential life of well over a decade. Although with the Harmony AI release and the sensory up grades that are going to follow soon after. You will be getting another doll, accountant be damned! you will. I have spent many hrs in the Abyss facility watching the dolls be created. It takes over 40 man hrs to create one doll, and that is by artist who went to schools that specialize in this medium. They love what they do and put that into every doll. Enjoy yourself and the dolls will be the rewards of your labor. And well, this life is all you get. Dont waste it, counting pennies....

Szalinski

• Sr. Resident
  • Reality is for those with no imagination.
    • Chris'Z Corner
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 09:10:43 PM »
Maybe this will help in the justification. You say you've photographed professional models; how much did they charge just for one session?

No figure the cost for a professional model who would be on call at a moment's notice, 24/7, anywhere you want, for as long as you want, who would pose any way you want, wearing anything you want, or nothing at all if you want. Oh, and don't forget, this would be a one time only payment. In advance. And of course there are the other ...um..."perks".

Does this help make the $7,000 sound a little more reasonable?

Heaven help me, I have been dating a real human female.
.........And it's getting serious!

My cross country bike ride | Flickr albums for my dolls