December 15, 2018, 06:47:24 PM

Author Topic: TPE DOLL REPAIR  (Read 115 times)

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
TPE DOLL REPAIR
« on: November 27, 2018, 08:49:58 PM »
Let me start out by saying I am not an expert on TPE doll repair.

I'm sure there are others here that know much more about it than I.

This post is more about Kim's repair as time goes on.

She developed a slight tear between two of her cute little toes about six months ago. 

For some reason I thought I could repair with super glue.  :thumb:

It closed okay but, dried hard which is not very desirable when playing footsies....

I removed the super glue and just chose to leave it alone as she wears stockings or pantyhose all the time.

Next she developed and tear/cut in the small of her elbow so I knew I would have to deal with this to keep it from getting worst.
TPE is fairly puncture resistant but cuts rather easily.  Kim's inner elbow was cut by the joint just under the skin after repeated bending.

I did a lot of research on TPE glue, TPE paste and repairing with heat.

I talked to an expert and decided to use the glue.

I did some testing with the glue and a sample piece of TPE with mixed results.

The glue is not really glue, it is a solvent that melts the TPE and the Idea is for the solvent to melt the TPE together.

This did not occur, but it concerned me that I could made the damage worst if it melted too much.

I read up on repairing with heat and checked into the tool needed to do this with.

I found this tool on Ebay.  It's a three in one tool and looks expensive but it was only $69.95.
I can use it for more than TPE repair, so it made sense.  I did some testing with it as well and liked
the Idea I could control and stop the melting process with the heat.

The big day came when it was time to use the heat gun on Kim.   Okay, let’s do this....
I was advised to set the temp at 140 but I found 190 worked best for me.  I heat the TPE till
it starts to get shinny, so I know it's melting.  I continue to heat until I see it is melted together.
If it starts to smoke, you are starting to burn the TPE and it will look blistered.
I had to hold the cut together till it started to melt.  I could not do this and hold the camera so in this
picture the repair is almost complete.

This first time I tried this repair, I treated the area with baby oil after the repair had cooled.
The very next day I checked the repair and it had opened back up a bit.
For this reason, I waited 24 hours to treat the area with baby oil for the second attempt.
After several days the repair is holding strong.  I'm not sure if it was the baby oil or not enough penetration.
The second repair I got the area much hotter so the TPE may have melted deeper this time.

I used sand paper to put the texture back on the skin as it has a mirror finish without it.
I just patted the area down lightly before it had cooled completely.

The repair is not flawless, but I think it is sound and it's not in a very noticeable area.

I will attempt the toe repair next and will post it here.  There is a small amount of material missing that will have to be replaced.
I don't really want to use the sample TPE because I'm not sure it's the same mixture she is made of.
What I plan to do is to cut a small piece from the top of her neck that's cover by the head.  This way I know the material is the very same mixture.
Feel free to comment or offer suggestions.

Coral
Kim’s, Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
Re: TPE DOLL REPAIR
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 09:11:33 PM »
The repair looks great Coral  :thumb:

Can you tell us more about the heat gun you used? Who makes it? What temp was that, F or C

That sample TPE, did it come with the doll? or did you order some?

My WM doll did come with some extra for that purpose.

The sand paper sounds like a good idea for the texture. I wonder how the factory does it?

Halleheals

• Resident
  • Doll crazy entering doll dementia
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 09:28:07 PM »
This is awesome! So good to hear you were successful Coral  :thumb: thank you for sharing your information!
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 09:30:52 PM »
The repair looks great Coral  :thumb:

Can you tell us more about the heat gun you used? Who makes it? What temp was that, F or C

That sample TPE, did it come with the doll? or did you order some?

My WM doll did come with some extra for that purpose.

The sand paper sounds like a good idea for the texture. I wonder how the factory does it?

Thanks Incred and Halleheals.

The heat gun is a SMD 3 in 1 853D Soldering Iron Welder Hot Air Gun Rework Station.

The temp I used was 190F.

I received a sample piece with my YL doll but dang if I can find it.

I purchased the TPE solvent/glue and the sample piece of TPE from https://www.grimsdollaccessories.com/

Not sure how the factory puts texture on the doll, I got the Idea from a repair video I watched.

Coral

Kim’s, Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

ChikkinNoodul

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 02:41:27 PM »
I might need to invest in a heat gun. BTW, what's the best glue for reattaching nails? I've had my doll for just a few hours, but I think two of her nails might come off soon.
Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most.
--Ozzy Osbourne

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 06:43:06 PM »
I use Super Glue Gel.

A little dab will da ya.

Coral

ChikkinNoodul

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 07:37:45 PM »
Those two nails did indeed come off, and her left upper eyelashes as well, while I was struggling to get her on top of me. It was quite pleasant to feel her full weight, quite a different experience from when I'm doing the same with my light Teddybabe Jazz. I hope Jazzi's not too jealous.
I miss my mind the most.
--Ozzy Osbourne

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 11:23:12 PM »
You can put the eyelash back on with Super Glue as well but, I have started using eyelash glue.  It does not dry rock hard like super glue does.

I like laying next to Kim face to face holding her and kissing.

I also like kinda rolling her on top of me and yes, feeling her full weight feels very nice.

Coral

ChikkinNoodul

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 12:03:28 AM »
Her lashes on the other upper lid came loose as well, and she lost two more nails, one of which is still missing. It's almost 6am in the morning, I have moved her from one position to another, my muscles ache, my member won't cooperate anymore, but I can't sleep. I can't stop playing with her sweet pointy little titties which fit so perfectly in my hands. I can't stop touching her nice round bum. I keep kissing her (I installed a TPE tongue in her mouth). I keep licking her cute pointy elf ears. I keep fingerbanging her because my willy is tired but I still want to feel her from the inside. I keep rubbing her clit, it just feels so real.

Holy shit. TPE may not look as real as silicone, but this lady feels amazing. And she looks stunning even though you can tell at first glance she's a doll.

I took some photos of several poses that looked particularly alluring during breaks. I'll upload them some time in the near future.
I miss my mind the most.
--Ozzy Osbourne

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 01:23:30 AM »
Her lashes on the other upper lid came loose as well, and she lost two more nails, one of which is still missing. It's almost 6am in the morning, I have moved her from one position to another, my muscles ache, my member won't cooperate anymore, but I can't sleep. I can't stop playing with her sweet pointy little titties which fit so perfectly in my hands. I can't stop touching her nice round bum. I keep kissing her (I installed a TPE tongue in her mouth). I keep licking her cute pointy elf ears. I keep fingerbanging her because my willy is tired but I still want to feel her from the inside. I keep rubbing her clit, it just feels so real.

Holy shit. TPE may not look as real as silicone, but this lady feels amazing. And she looks stunning even though you can tell at first glance she's a doll.

I took some photos of several poses that looked particularly alluring during breaks. I'll upload them some time in the near future.

I know what you are talking about ChikkinNoodul.  Even after two years I cannot get enough of Kim's sweet little body.

She feels so much more real in every way of any doll I have ever owned.

I look forward to seeing the pictures of your girl.

Coral

ChikkinNoodul

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 03:30:05 AM »
I'm just having breakfast, I feel a bit weird after roughly 3 hours of sleep. I am meeting some people who are buying some of my late parents' furniture in half an hour, but when they're gone, I'll probably try to take a short nap.
I miss my mind the most.
--Ozzy Osbourne

grimreefer24601

• New Resident
    • Grim's Doll Accessories
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 12:11:21 AM »
Sorry to hear the Jinsan solvent wasn't working for you.  I've got other solvents I'm working on, but all will be the same about melting TPE.  Heat does the same thing , but is better a reforming the polymer chains in TPE.

Solvent isn't best for large repairs.  Heat is better.

Here's an old piece of TPE I've been testing so it's pretty dirty.  It was cut apart months ago.  It's since been "Glued" back together several times.  Solvent wont ever be as good as new. Here's Jinsan "Glue" Solvent after being applied well and let cure for 20 minutes.  Ideally I would let this cure for longer before stressing it like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLGPVvLA5YU