Author Topic: TPE DOLL REPAIR  (Read 2007 times)

SebaSan1981

• New Resident
  • Crazy hobbyst
    • SebaSan1981 DeviantArt profile
Re: TPE DOLL REPAIR
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2020, 07:18:35 AM »
Yes, Patricia is TPE doll (WM). Thanks for tip :)

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2020, 09:04:16 AM »
I think TPE "glue" is more likely a solvent vs an adhesive.

Rather than glue the sides of a cut, the solvent actually melts the TPE.

I personally would love to see how to liquefy it, so it can be molded.

I'd love to make some bigger nipples for my Dolls.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2020, 09:45:39 AM »
Hello, I have question. What glue is the best for attach nail to finger? In one of photosessions my Patricia's fingernail in left hand has been removed when I changed her position..

I use Gorilla Super Glue Jel, it seems to hold better than whatever they used at the factory.

It dries too hard to repair a cut but it holds the nail on very well and drying hard is not an issue under the nail.

Coral
Kim’s, Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

senso

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2020, 01:42:33 PM »
I think TPE "glue" is more likely a solvent vs an adhesive.

Rather than glue the sides of a cut, the solvent actually melts the TPE.

I personally would love to see how to liquefy it, so it can be molded.

I'd love to make some bigger nipples for my Dolls.

Yes the TPE glue is basically a solvent. I've used it on my old doll to repair a cut on her knee. It worked good melting the TPE together, but leaves a scar.
I think the nail glue, which came with my new doll, is basically super glue.  In the past I used plain super glue on nails and worked great.

I wonder if the TPE solvent would liquefy it. Maybe it would dry more like a hard solid. Maybe heat like other plastics? But how much heat? One thing though,
If I was going to experiment with melting TPE, I would do it outside.

I was wondering if anyone knows what would be a good adhesive for attaching eyelashes. One of the lashes on my doll is loose in one corner. I'm a little
afraid to use super glue.

senso

• Resident
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2020, 05:45:18 PM »
I agree. I wouldn't use TPE glue "solvent" to adhere a fingernail. It would probably melt off the tip of the finger.
When I used the solvent on the knee tear it was pretty aggressive and melted the TPE quickly. I definitely wouldn't
use it on a thin area like fingers.

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2020, 09:06:41 AM »

I was wondering if anyone knows what would be a good adhesive for attaching eyelashes. One of the lashes on my doll is loose in one corner. I'm a little

The eyelashes I use have a sticky back plus comes with a tube of adhesive. 

I just use the adhesive that came with them.

Coral
Kim’s, Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

SebaSan1981

• New Resident
  • Crazy hobbyst
    • SebaSan1981 DeviantArt profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2020, 01:00:07 PM »

Incred, what doll is that? She looks awesome! Where to buy her? Do You have any link?
Btw I fixed nail by s.glue. I used two small drops only and it works :)

senso

• Resident
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2020, 01:33:09 PM »

Coral

Thanks Coral
In the past, I tried eyelash adhesive to replace eyelashes on my old doll, but the adhesive didn't stick well enough. I think the problem was
that the eyelash glue was old stock and expired, so it didn't work. I got it from aliexpress. It seems like a lot of the make up from their
sellers is old. Probably why they sell it so cheap. I'll try some lash adhesive from a drug store that should be fresh and it will probably
work a lot better.
I'd rather not use superglue on lashes. For one thing it's not really reversible. Sometimes lashes get damaged, and it would be difficult to
remove them if they are stuck on with super glue. Maybe even damage the eyelids.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2020, 02:02:53 PM »

That's Connie.

She's a WM 140D in tan with hollow boobs, standing feet and an insert.

I superglued those long nails onto her factory nails.

I also made foot plates so she could stand in her 5 inch heels.

She was purchased from Sexy Real Sex Dolls who advertise on this forum.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2020, 10:32:43 PM »

Coral

Thanks Coral
In the past, I tried eyelash adhesive to replace eyelashes on my old doll, but the adhesive didn't stick well enough. I think the problem was
that the eyelash glue was old stock and expired, so it didn't work. I got it from aliexpress. It seems like a lot of the make up from their
sellers is old. Probably why they sell it so cheap. I'll try some lash adhesive from a drug store that should be fresh and it will probably
work a lot better.
I'd rather not use superglue on lashes. For one thing it's not really reversible. Sometimes lashes get damaged, and it would be difficult to
remove them if they are stuck on with super glue. Maybe even damage the eyelids.

The eyelash glue is not like supper glue.

Put it on the eyelash and let it set till it is tacky then stick it on.

After you get it positioned the way you want it, put a little more where the top of the lash meets the eyelid.

They stay on till you take them off.

Coral

senso

• Resident
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2020, 02:36:37 AM »
Yes the eyelid glue is different than super glue. I tried it to put new eyelashes on my old doll in the past using eyelash glue, but it didn't stick.
Like I was saying, I think it was because it was expired glue. I used it according to the instructions. Apply to the glue and let it get tacky after
about a minute then attach, but it just wouldn't stick. So I will try it again with adhesive from a drug store that should be fresh.

I think the eyelash glue I got from Aliexpress was expired stock. Most glue or adhesives tend to be less effective or not work well if their more
than a year or two old.