Author Topic: UPS “lost” my doll!  (Read 516 times)

Fantastic Plastic

• Resident
UPS “lost” my doll!
« on: February 09, 2019, 11:41:04 AM »
Has anyone ever had UPS loose a domestic doll shipment? I have one that it’s tracking is completely stagnant for almost five days, just an origin scan (received by UPS) and nothing else, no departure scan, nothing.
To make matters worse is when I called UPS, they immediately said that they never received it!
It took 30min of arguing with a representative to show that I have information in my tracking that states it has been received.
And only then did they backpedal big time. I now have to wait until the middle of the month before I can request a trace / investigation.
This is very unfortunate because it’s going to cause a rift between the vendor and I, it already has I believe.
There’s some real scumbag UPS drivers in NJ apparently.

68special

• New Resident
Re: UPS “lost” my doll!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 12:58:50 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it too much, it'll show up. Can't always trust tracking numbers, especially in the UPS system. Updating tracking info is usually the last thing on their minds when dealing with weather delays and what-not. The next time you see any tracking activity will likely be the day it's out for delivery, or upon it's arrival at a hub near you.
Patience, Grasshopper.. patience...  ;D

Fantastic Plastic

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 02:31:14 PM »
Yeah, I’ve dealt with this before, but it’s when they denied even receiving it in the first place, that’s what got me all spooled up!

coralsheep91

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 03:00:34 PM »
My last doll's tracking was kinda weird, she sit in Ft Worth for 5 days with no updates.

I received her a few days later with no damage and the box had not been opened.

Sometimes they are just not very good at what they do.....

Coral
Kim’s, Layla's , Nicky's and Nicole Ann's pictures are here: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10378

Fantastic Plastic

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 03:34:39 PM »
Yeah, you’re all probably right, I sure hope so anyway. But the last one from this vendor did the exact same thing, then started moving FROM it’s origin! And then it shows up like this:

I didn’t cut anything at all, it was delivered exactly as shown. There are what appears to be knife cuts within the supposed ripped cardboard.
If it shows up like this again, I’m taking pictures right there at the ups office and I’m going to file a complaint.

grimreefer24601

• New Resident
    • Grim's Doll Accessories
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 02:58:27 AM »
Sadly, I've got worse.  I had a doll come, recycled, with her legs outside of the box.  Her stocking made it look like something from the Wizard of Oz.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
  • Dollmongerer
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 09:58:28 AM »
Looks like someone examined the contents. Let's hope that's ALL they did. So, still no delivery on this one?

I had a similar problem last year. WALGREEN'S is now my FedEx location. To avoid one last chance for them to fuck up my doll, I pick them up at the site. Apparently, they use forklifts to move their stuff....

I'd say that's some pretty compelling evidence to support that theory.

Fortunately, all I wound up with was a permanent tit dent, and the extra head got a scar.  :(

It clearly says "Don't step on this" but doesn't appear to have been heeded or respected. On Walgreen's behalf, they did offer to let me open it right there in the store to document the damages...  :o
The 20-something hottie could not hold back the smile when she said that, probably knowing what was in there.  :evil:
Yeah. Like I'm going to break out a headless naked sex doll in the middle of Walgreen's.  :-\  I'm pretty sure she wanted me to, so she could film herself a viral video and maybe even quit her little Walgreen's job. Yeah. Not going to happen.  :-[

ttnlbtpd

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 05:07:07 PM »
Not sure if you have ever been inside a shipping hub before. It amazing that anyone receives anything. Its a form of controlled insanity. When a package is lost, its not just your package. There is an entire shipping container of stuff missing.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!
Gallery: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=12735

Fantastic Plastic

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 02:30:09 PM »
Update: yeah, she showed up, feet not really hanging outside, but the pink blanket was! Dho! Picked her up from the UPS center, guy asks; “what’cha got there?”
I said; “it’s a display.”
Well it is from Roxy Display... :D
I got large breasts on this one, and their solid! Man do they sway! :o

FP

Julian

• New Resident
    • My E-Commerce Web..
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 03:18:19 PM »
:)