Author Topic: New to the forum and looking to make my first purchase  (Read 910 times)

CMiles76

• New Resident
New to the forum and looking to make my first purchase
« on: February 18, 2019, 01:29:43 AM »
Greetings everyone. I'm new to the forum and have been browsing around the community to see what others had to say about the ups and downs of getting a doll. After some careful consideration, I've decided that I'd like to purchase my first doll in the near future.  I wanted to ask the community if anyone out there has ordered from or had any insight into the company YourDoll.  I have sort of settled on purchasing this particular doll: https://www.yourdoll.com/product/sex-doll-wmd014/ and I obviously would like this to be a pleasant experience. I hope someone can let me know if the YourDoll company is legit or point me in the right direction.  Thanks for listening and I look forward to learning more as I spend time here.

Poly

• Sr. Resident
    • Poly Gallery
Re: New to the forum and looking to make my first purchase
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 04:46:17 PM »
Welcome CMiles76! I purchased from Your Doll a few years ago and everything was fine. She's still holding up without any issues, but in my dollhouse she doesn't get a lot of attention so I can't really testify to her longevity.

I do like the model you are looking at. Nice taste!  :thumb:  I've been watching that one as well, thinking about another purchase.

I would recommend as much research as possible so you can be happy & confident once you do pull the trigger. One thing I go back and forth on is the insert. I am NOT a fan of the Your Doll type of insert, but I also do not like the fixed style because the insert style is way easier to clean.  :-\

Happy shopping & good luck with your first purchase!

CMiles76

• New Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 11:19:20 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! 

@Poly What is it about the YourDoll insert that you don't like? I was considering getting the insert (for ease of cleaning like you mentioned). I've read that the inserts have an extremely tight fit in the doll to prevent slippage. Is there something about the YourDoll insert that makes it a poor choice?

@Incred Thanks for the link. I definitely want to do as much research as I can before I dish out that much cash!

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 11:36:44 PM »
That Doll is 96 lbs...

As luscious as she is, she is a bit on the hefty side for a Doll.

Other than that.  :whistle:

Welcome Aboard !  ;D
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

CMiles76

• New Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 10:23:11 PM »
@Camp

Yeah that is definitely a lot to move around, but I'll have to soldier on lol.

Poly

• Sr. Resident
    • Poly Gallery
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 01:22:52 AM »
I'll leave it to the more experienced TPE folks around here to comment on the insert.  :whistle:

I have had different TPEs over the years, but I don't typically use them for that function (partly because I don't like the TPE insert styles and I have other dolls that are much more to my liking). Right now, for TPE, I just have the 1 Your Doll and 2 SYs but I've had some cheapo TPEs from eBay in the past as well. My dislike is not a matter of anything specific to the Your Doll insert style. Maybe there's some mysterious and magical way to make them work well, but I've never found it.

Different strokes and all that. Everybody is going to have their preference and you'll know what's right for your situation. Good luck with your decision!  :thumb:

grimreefer24601

• New Resident
    • Grim's Doll Accessories
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 02:05:57 AM »
She's a lot of weight.

I sell Jinsan.  That's a WM.

That's a lot of weight.  Even for someone that knows dolls.

CMiles76

• New Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 12:54:15 AM »
Yeah she's a lot of weight. I'm looking forward to the challenge lol.

Begog

• Sr. Resident
  • Dollmongerer
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 10:57:30 AM »
52kg!  :o

That's 114.6 pounds! And that's assuming accuracy and that it includes the 5 pound head. That's a load of doll right there, and you better be a load of man if you expect to handle that. Careful what you wish for. Here's hoping she doesn't become an immovable island of TPE flattening on the floor, merging with the carpet.  :whistle:

As for inserts, Jinsan inserts cannot be beat. That's it in the middle. At least not by SY(left) or JY/AF/AS/JL/Jarliet (probably more)(right). YL is a Jinsan product (YL/OR/WM/does Jellynew still exist?).

Honestly Poly, I don't know how you screw up with a Jinsan insert, unless your particular doll has a problem. I like it WAY better than my Real Doll inserts, and 1000 times better than Sinthetic inserts. And as you know, the American cock will drive that skinny SY insert into the back of the cavity, but the good news is, your Jinsan will go right in (with a little coaxing) making your SY insert doll quite functional. The JY engineer deserves a Darwin award for that design. However, it can be made usable simply by snipping off the "lips" which guide your penis AWAY from the target. The Jinsan insert can again work here, if you shorten it. LOL!

CMiles76

• New Resident
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 01:33:03 PM »
Hey Begog,

Thanks for the info, the pictures are a big help as well. Looks like I'll be better off ordering the doll with an insert and pairing it with the Jinsan insert if it is compatible. Out of curiosity, what does WM stand for? Is it a particular manufacturer or is it one of those nicknames that was given and just stuck?

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 01:48:50 PM »
My WM Doll has that luscious Jinsan insert.

And I purchased a second for $20 off one of ODC's vendors.

Honestly, unless you are young, and in great shape, weight is a huge consideration.

This is where the "Big Head" needs to override the "Little Head's" compulsive thinking.

Just my opinion.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

CMiles76

• New Resident
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2019, 05:29:40 PM »
Lol @Camp, not as young as I used to be, but still in great shape  :)

@Incred thanks for the additional info on the alternate insert options!

JunkGuy

• New Resident
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2019, 09:25:21 PM »
I can't recommend enough to pay extra for the standing option on that doll. At that weight and height, not being able to stand would make changing clothes a real challenge. Mine's only 73lbs and while I'm pretty strong, I can't fathom how I'd change her skirts and panties without standing her up.