Author Topic: Absence Due to Starting School  (Read 256 times)

Docsgirl82

• Resident
  • Keep it Groovy!
    • Hippie Doll Lover Blog
Absence Due to Starting School
« on: September 17, 2019, 08:05:21 PM »
Hey peeps!  So, I literally started school yesterday (after graduating high school 20 years ago!) and right out of the gate the class is Anatomy and Physiology (que snickering here and YES we will be studying the reproductive system and I expect to ACE that one!).  It is a three week learning and one week final class, so basically I will be re-learning (took A & P in High School) a whole year's worth of material in 3 weeks!  Talk about information overload!  With that being said, I don't expect to be on here much at least for the next 4 weeks.  I just didn't want anyone to think that I disappeared or left.  Just an extended absence.  I expect this to happen again once I start the ICT-9 and ICT-10 (coding) courses as well.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Re: Absence Due to Starting School
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 08:37:14 PM »
Docsgirl82,

With the advances in modern medicine (and to some degree, law), people who work in the medical field are never really finished with school. I know a few LPNs who are constantly being sent to school, a conference or other form of update training.

Learn all you can! We will be here when you get back.

:) :) :)
"Home isn't a place. It's the people in it. And they will always be with you!"
Andrew J. West as Henry Mills

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
See my gallery for their pictures.

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 09:13:06 PM »
We'll be here waiting for you when you get back with your brand new brains!!  :P

I think its great you going back to school :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

belshanar

• Retired Diplomat
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 12:08:12 AM »
If there's only one thing I've learned since I graduated Kindergarten, it is that you are never truly never done with your education. The second being that if I tell you a given number of factors, never trust the first number, it will only grow...

Take it from me (someone who is working on their second blah degree, and third blah-blah degree with an emphasis on who-gives-a-crap (I'm actually a little proud of this one, but no one truly cares), the more you learn, the better your life will be.. We'll still be here when you come up for a breath of fresh air.

The quality of learning and education you can make happen now is far more important than 'points' you can earn here or elsewhere online. We'll still be here when you get done.

Go forth and be a good student!

PS: If you need help, you have good teachers here.
Dude! Look out for that.......    tree.  That had to hurt.

Sophia - Miss Feb Boy Toy+; Amberly - Lovable Doll B2 (Yvette head) shares a body with Kara (Alicia Head); Ginger -  Sinthetics B1H+ (Celeste Head); Sinthetics B2D with Willow head named Freja. These two Sinthetics dolls also share an additional Celeste head, Tawney head, Monique head, Yuriko head, Eliza head, and Yuki (Kimiko head) between themselves.

Docsgirl82

• Resident
  • Keep it Groovy!
    • Hippie Doll Lover Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 07:55:21 AM »
Thanks guys!  Ya right now I am totally on brain overload and it is only the second day of school hehe.

Camp

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 10:30:53 AM »
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.

Docsgirl82

• Resident
  • Keep it Groovy!
    • Hippie Doll Lover Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 10:12:38 AM »
 ;D ^-^ :laugh: Hehe, Camp!

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 10:00:32 AM »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:DO your best Docsgirl  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Docsgirl82

• Resident
  • Keep it Groovy!
    • Hippie Doll Lover Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 11:20:32 AM »
Thank you, ourdoll1!  So I finished my A & P (anatomy and physiology course) and took the final on Monday.  I'm still waiting on my last three assignments and the final grades to be posted.  Meanwhile I have started another and even more grueling class, Medical Coding.  The books are massive and I find my eyes spinning in my head reading the codes.  I have finished my assignments for the week and start the next week's assignments on Monday.  I hope to be able to read most of the six chapters that we have to read next week, a little this weekend to kind of get ahead.  We take our quiz on this week's work, next Wednesday.  In this course, our homework is due two days earlier, which kinda got me stressed, but I found that I was able to thoroughly complete it before the actual due date, which was good.  There is a lot of reading.  The instructor told us that the first two weeks that it will all be overwhelming and we won't really "Understand" anything, but starting week three, it will all start coming together.  So, I still have my head submerged in books, laptops, highlighters, etc. 
on a lighter note, we got some really nice and cool weather yesterday and today and I am loving it!  It actually feels like autumn.  But it is going to warm back up again for the next several days.  I'll enjoy the nice weather while it lasts, LOL!

Docsgirl82

• Resident
  • Keep it Groovy!
    • Hippie Doll Lover Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2019, 01:13:11 PM »
well, I have finished two classes and am in the middle of my third class.  Thank goodness I have a break from December 20 to January 5, as I need it!  School has been taking up all of my time, and of course I have had some serious family issues to deal with in the midst of all of it.  I am told that my actual classwork should be completed sometime in February and then I can just focus on my externship from March to June.  I can't believe in two days it will be December! 

Begog

• Sr. Resident
  • Dollmongerer
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2019, 04:19:49 PM »
Too bad it's not like weight, where you can just lose 15 pounds for $15.  :whistle:

Docsgirl82

• Resident
  • Keep it Groovy!
    • Hippie Doll Lover Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2019, 12:40:56 PM »
I know, right!?  Oh and speaking of weight, I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but in my medical coding class we were given three ginormous coding books, a workbook and a text book.  We had to cart all of those books every class and now we still have to bring the coding books and workbook into each class from this point on to continue practicing coding.  The backpack they gave me ripped on one of the straps due to the sheer weight of all these books.  I have a small rolling luggage that I am going to be taking with me from now on to each class to save what is left of my backpack and my back, LOL!