Author Topic: Stain Remover (Benzoyl Peroxide)  (Read 165 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

incred

  • Sr. Resident
  • ****
  • Posts: 6425
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
Stain Remover (Benzoyl Peroxide)
« on: February 18, 2019, 09:23:55 PM »
Meet Delilah. She is a heavy smoker, also a heavy smoke show  :drool:



She had two stains on the mid to lower body. One was recent, but one was in there for years.
Most likely from stockings/pantyhose, or something that left bands on her upper thighs. 





You can see I have already started using a creme with 10% benzoyl peroxide, I got from the local drug store.
The creme seems to drive the stain away from itself. It could also be that the stain is being removed and that is the edge.

My plan, after seeing this, was to drive the stain down her body and out the toes.
However, after I reached the knees, the line seemed to disappear.
I continued on to the ankles just to be sure the stain was gone.
Later I left the creme on as I applied more creme to make sure the stain didn't back track.
I also would apply the creme a little at a time (about 4"-6") each night until it reached her feet.









After reaching the feet I brought her to the tub to wash the creme off.







After washing I could still see some faint stains (the bands) on her upper thighs.
I tried the creme again, but they are still there. Guess they are permanent.
As a bit of a bonus, the smoke smell did fade a little.

Also while cleaning her innards I discovered she was split badly, but it was a clean split.
With a little Sil-Poxy she is as good as old  :P










Begog

  • Sr. Resident
  • ****
  • Posts: 1424
  • Dollmongerer
Re: Stain Remover (Benzoyl Peroxide)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 07:15:38 AM »
Nice work! Did Camp at least help?  :)

Smoke

  • Sr. Resident
  • ****
  • Posts: 1697
  • Drunk! .. Until further notice!
Re: Stain Remover (Benzoyl Peroxide)
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 09:01:22 AM »
One wonders. How did that nasty split happen?  ::)

 ;D



Nice work Incred! :thumb:
If the Ladies don't find you handsome.  .. Get a doll.

Camp

  • Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • *****
  • Posts: 8645
  • Dottie, 6/14/06, F14/B5SE
Re: Stain Remover (Benzoyl Peroxide)
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 09:45:42 AM »
I'm the one who caused the split.

But, I bought the first tube of benzoyl peroxide.

The big red bush is also my doing.
Talking Doll Since May 26, 2004

"The louder he spoke of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.


Halleheals

  • Sr. Resident
  • ****
  • Posts: 429
  • In Full blown doll dementia
Re: Stain Remover (Benzoyl Peroxide)
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 09:17:26 PM »
I’d say quite a nice tune up she got, great work!

I’ve seen a couple used real dolls near me cheap because of damages like this, now I kind of wish I would’ve bought one, anyway it’s good to know they can be brought back to good condition  :thumb:
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations

violette_22

  • New Resident
  • **
  • Posts: 65
Re: Stain Remover (Benzoyl Peroxide)
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 10:01:29 PM »
Try a product made by Twin Pines of Maine called Remove Zit. It's made to remove stains in vinyl dolls. It works similarly but more effectively than the formula made for human use. http://www.twinpines.com/remove-zit
There's other products made for vinyl dolls as well. Most products has a shelf life of a year before it starts to become less effective.

Begog

  • Sr. Resident
  • ****
  • Posts: 1424
  • Dollmongerer
Re: Stain Remover (Benzoyl Peroxide)
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 10:46:27 PM »
I'm the one who caused the split.

A TROOPER! :bow:

ttnlbtpd

  • Sr. Resident
  • ****
  • Posts: 678
Re: Stain Remover (Benzoyl Peroxide)
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 04:57:09 PM »
After watching a video, I believe it is possible to make a stronger than 10% benzoyl peroxide mix. If you combine a tube of the 10% benzoyl peroxide and mix with acetone, it will separate the benzoyl peroxide to probably a damn near pure form. Be careful though, benzoyl peroxide can be nasty stuff in strong concentrations. The highest concentration for human use is 20%
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!
Gallery: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=12735