Author Topic: Hungry for Math  (Read 169 times)

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Hungry for Math
« on: March 14, 2019, 08:31:52 AM »
Hello math lovers!
3.14 (March 14) of 2019

Neil deGrasse Tyson posted this picture on his Twitter page:

"Gotta love pumpkin Pi."

From "Wandering For Life" (Twitter)

Let us not forget Pizza Pi

Image credit: http://cogansghent.com/sh-html/

or Apple Pi

Image credit: https://patch.com/michigan/detroit/pi-day-2017-deals-pizza-pies-metro-detroit

Slicing a pie (pizza or other) would be an interesting way to teach fractions. The students would just eat it up!

"Home isn't a place. It's the people in it. And they will always be with you!"
   Andrew J. West as Henry Mills

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
see my gallery for their pictures

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Re: Hungry for Math
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 01:13:33 PM »
These all sound great as learning incentives and as delicious as they all are, I think for me being a mature student, I would prefer …..

Fur Pi served on a pizza Pi.  :P   

Since fractions were mentioned, let's run with that concept for a minute :evil: 

To start of with we're never going to slice the fur Pi. Since its on top, it is the Numerator and we can express it as: (1*Pi) or simply Pi. However the Denominator (the Pi on the bottom) can be sliced into any number of slices. So let's express that as: (n*Pi), where "n" is the number of slices the Denominator consists of. Put together, the general form of the fraction can be expressed as: (Pi/n*Pi). Since (Pi/Pi) = 1 we can simplify the general fraction to its final form: (1/n*1). 

Since there is only one full size slice of each in my illustration photo, we can further simplify the fraction to:  (Pi/Pi) or (1/1) and since (1/1) = 1, the value of the fraction comes to: 1.

Um, wait a minute. ::) I see two distinct pieces of "Pi" in the picture. One on top of the other. So how the heck do two pieces of Pi equal one ???  :whistle:  :P

Oh man! What the heck was Ceej on, or smokin today? :whistle:

Ok, sorry for the line of long winded silliness, I just couldn't resist.  :P
I think I'm gonna have that last can of Summer Shandy to go along with my "Pi's".   :P
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 F1 Realdoll. In addition she has several F1 expression faces as well as standard F10 and f11 faces. She also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Z-Dr

• City Engineer
  • Sr. Resident
Re: Hungry for Math
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 05:12:44 PM »
I think I'm gonna have that last can of Summer Shandy to go along with my "Pi's".   :P
:cheers: , eh?