Author Topic: New member with questions  (Read 94 times)

Danimal9898

• New Resident
New member with questions
« on: November 03, 2019, 04:00:40 PM »
Hello all, this is my first post and I hope it’s in the right forum. I am looking to buy an AF doll in the near future and wanted to ask about head sizing. I haven’t contacted the vendor yet, but from what I’ve seen they allow you to choose a different head than the one in the pictures for that specific body. My concern is whether all available heads will be proportionate for their entire range of dolls? I’m interested in the 170cm doll and would rather not have a head that looks too small to fit that body.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Re: New member with questions
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 05:35:57 PM »
Welcome to the fourm :)

I'm not the best one to answer this question because I'm not so familiar with all the different Asian dolls available. I'm sure the vendor would be able to help you there.

If there is a specific head or heads you want? If so, maybe post which one/s and someone with more familiarity with them could help.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

DelosDroid

• New Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 05:43:18 PM »
For the most part all heads are compatible with dolls of 140cm and over in height. Some manufacturers make dolls around 100cm in height, but they have smaller heads with only a selection of two or three heads for those bodies. So as you're going for a full sized doll, 99% of the heads will be the correct proportions for it. If the vendor website is designed properly, they shouldn't show any head options that aren't designed for a selected body.

I don't think I've seen any AF dolls smaller than 140cm anyway, so you should be okay. Never hurts to contact/email them first before ordering anyway. I've found doll manufacturers and vendors to be quite approachable.

Z-Dr

• City Engineer
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 06:42:24 PM »
… I hope it’s in the right forum. I am looking to buy an AF doll in the near future ...
AF Dolls are made of TPE so this belongs in the TPE area.

Danimal9898

• New Resident
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 06:49:40 PM »
Welcome to the fourm :)

I'm not the best one to answer this question because I'm not so familiar with all the different Asian dolls available. I'm sure the vendor would be able to help you there.

If there is a specific head or heads you want? If so, maybe post which one/s and someone with more familiarity with them could help.
especially being my first post I didn’t want to post links to a vendor and seem like I’m trying to get free advertising for them. If it’s okay I will post it.

Thank you for all the responses

Danimal9898

• New Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 09:11:05 PM »
Ok so my next question. How do I choose the right size clothing for her. It’s the AFdoll 170cm H cup.

senso

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 11:44:14 PM »
I usually buy clothes online. ebay, amizon etc. There are some links somewhere in the forums of a lot different sites. You should be able to find them.

For size all you need to know are the dolls measurements. Usually stated in doll specs or description. If not, the vendor should know.
Or you can measure the doll yourself. A lot of clothing gives measurements or at least something like small med. large. If still not
sure you can sort of guess and get her something cheap to see what fits.

LuLu

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 09:59:01 AM »
As mentioned, I do believe heads made for 140cm and above will fit and look ok. Will a head from a 140cm look ok on a 170? good question. One thing is color tone matching head with body.
Matching tone does not matter if she is fully clothed. A darker material tone for a body and lighter toned head will look a bit silly.
I almost bought a WM head, but the tone was quite a bit off from the body LuLu has.
Colors could differ slightly from production run to production run.
I do  know the manufacturer of my doll when asked about spare TPE of the same color, they could not help. Since much time had passed since her model was made.
Talk to vendor and the manufacturer if possible, for clear cut answers.