Author Topic: Mei (156cm Wm doll)  (Read 1535 times)

senso

• Resident
Re: Mei (156cm Wm doll)
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 10:13:35 PM »
Thanks FP
The biggest concern I have is that she doesn't get damaged in shipping. She should be delivered tomorrow, so it will be a
relief if she is in one piece.
I agree. It's hard to tell how a doll will look from factory pics. Another problem with factory pics is that phone cameras have
a lot of lens distortion, especially with close-ups. I can see with the portrait shot they took,  her face is curved back from the wide
angle lens. I have a pro camera and some lights, so I'm sure any pics that I take will look a lot different.
They also sent me some close-ups of hands, feet, etc. Everything looked okay.
"Try not to get distracted by the hot Asian girls in the Background" lol 

Fantastic Plastic

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 11:25:37 PM »
Your welcome senso,
 I’m hopefully going to get a pro camera and light setup as well in the future.
My cell phone pictures actually sold this particular doll better than it’s sellers pics.
But the pictures taken by a pro photographer just blew me away!

Original factory pic:

Picture me and a pro photographer took:

See? Sometimes even the stock photography can even be improved.
This doll was absolutely in an out of box condition nothing but lip color was added.
This doll was out of stock in three days after these pictures went public.

senso

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 02:41:18 AM »
She looks great. Beautiful doll and pics. Posing, composition and good background are more important than the camera.

I think the higher end phones are able to fix the lens error. So they take much better portraits. I have a basic phone
that has that selfie look with close-ups. The factory pics of my doll look like they were taken with a cheaper phone.

My camera is good (SLR) but it's old. I also have some fairly decent lenses. All I have for lights is just three cheap
photo lights and some umbrellas. They work okay and didn't cost much. Just needs a long exposure. But not
a problem since dolls don't move much.

senso

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 02:21:35 PM »
You have a nice set-up incred. With all those lights, you can almost hand hold the camera. Looks like you
have a support for the doll that can be photoshopped out. Yea, it's best to have lights that are spot on in color.
Mine are a little off. Cheap 40w photo fluorescent bulbs. But as long as the photos are shot in RAW, I can get the
color balance spot on with Lightroom. Hand held can be done if bouncing high power flash or strobes.

By the way, the doll was delivered Monday and she was in perfect condition. I took some pics that I will post later.
Just some snapshots. I will try to take some better pics when I have more time.

senso

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 11:50:54 PM »
Here are some unpacking photos. It was a relief to see the box in good condition.

The doll was well packed and everything was delivered. Came with usual kit. Handling gloves, warmer, etc. A blanket and cheap
nightie. I also got a free extra wig. I didn't open the package yet. But both wigs are the right ones.
The doll was delivered, from start to receipt in two weeks. Very fast. The ordering process and costumer service of Unique Doll
was excellent. Also got a good member discount. I would recommend U. D. to anyone. Annie was pleasant and helpful too.

The head and body were in perfect condition. Also was powdered. I just did a little touch-up with corn starch.

She even came with free gloves and boots.

Here are some pics. I just put her in something that was easy to get on her for some quick photos.
She looks great. She looks very realistic. Especially in person. I've never owned a high end silicone
doll, but if this doll had skin texture like one, she would almost look real. Actually, she almost does
as she is.

This portrait didn't come out to well. Her face is fine, she's just leaning back to far. Well, it looks amusing.
Her boobs are almost pointing at the ceiling.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 09:04:29 AM »
Congratulations Senso :)

She's very beautiful  :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Fantastic Plastic

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 04:28:44 PM »
Yeah, saw these this morning.
Very lovely doll! Perfect proportions!

senso

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 09:50:14 PM »
Thanks Ceej and F P
I agree, she is a great looking doll. I'm very happy with her.  :thumb:

She is much better than my old doll in every way. Hopefully she won't have as many problems.
This doll is much improved compared to my previous one. Better sculpting, softer and the hands are a lot better. This doll
also has a beautiful skin color. My old doll is much more pale, but it's not really that, just the color is a bit odd and less realistic.
Not sure if most newer TPE dolls have more realistic skin color than older ones.

senso

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2019, 02:11:22 PM »
I took some better pics of Mei that I thought I would post. The outfit is maybe a bit over the top cutesy, but she looked
good in it.
I thought I would mention that this doll is noticeably smaller than my old doll. Probably more petite than most 156-158cm dolls.
Mei is a few inches taller than Sabrina, but has smaller hips and thighs also narrower shoulders. Actually, I would prefer a
larger doll, but I can't deal with the weight. Mei is a good compromise for me. She's small but I think she looks great.
Sabrina was a bit too heavy for me. I could barely lift her off the floor. Mei is a lot easier to lift and carry and pose for photos.

She looks pretty good in this shorter wig.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2019, 05:15:37 PM »

Sexy and beautiful!!   8) 8) 8)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

senso

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2019, 10:20:36 PM »
Thanks Ceej

Z-Dr

• City Engineer
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2019, 02:42:09 PM »
Great hand posing! :thumb:

Very pretty doll.

senso

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2019, 01:00:57 AM »
Thanks Z-Dr
The hands are a lot better on this doll than my old one. The quality and articulation have a lot of improvement.

sloopjohnb

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2019, 03:25:43 AM »
Are those Klipsch speakers in her photo?
Sloop