Author Topic: I Started an Online Blog  (Read 361 times)

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Re: I Started an Online Blog
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 07:52:47 AM »
Docsgirl82,

You asked on your blog, "Anyone out there know how to make a doll stand for a life sized doll?" There are step-by-step instructions for the Camp/incred doll stand here: BUILDING A DOLL-STAND. For dolls that do not have a neckbolt, you might rig up a sling that goes under the arms. If the sling is under the doll's clothing, it would not show in the pictures.

It has been years, but there are a few wedding shoots on the forum. Everhard had one, but his gallery went offline and those pictures disappeared from his post. You might search his gallery here to see if he uploaded any of them.

Your blog is coming along nicely! I like your "Larry's Story" theme shoots. Seeing things from a doll's point of view is a refreshing change.

:thumb: 8) :thumb:
"Home isn't a place. It's the people in it. And they will always be with you!"
Andrew J. West as Henry Mills

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
See my gallery for their pictures.

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Docsgirl82

• New Resident
  • Keep it Groovy!
    • Hippie Doll Lover Blog
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 05:29:24 PM »
Noq, thank you so much!  I will go read Camp and Incred's threads on the doll stands and of course I have seen Ceej's awesome stand for Sandy!  I will see if I can find the photos from Everhard.  That is pretty cool!  I am trying to keep things interesting so that everyone continues to enjoy the blog and the posts.  I have done some pretty neat photoshoots with Larry and Samantha and one of them included Doc too, so he is getting some love.  I love to hear that you are enjoying Larry's Story.  I thought that bringing him in to tell his story and eventually Doc will as well, that it would spark interest.  My human husband says that Larry's Story is definitely his favorite part of the blog and he looks forward to Wednesday's Point of View with Larry as well.  Thank you so much for the feedback!  It really means a lot to me!  I hope you are doing well!

Docsgirl82

• New Resident
  • Keep it Groovy!
    • Hippie Doll Lover Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2019, 12:35:04 AM »
Blog Updates!  I have gone back to daily postings Monday - Saturday.  I have a name and theme for each day and I have added Doc and Samantha Alexa as full time contributors on the blog as well.  I have also scheduled the posts to go live each day at 5PM CST because when they would post at 10AM CST, no one would be able to read them as it was when most people were at work.  I had noticed a significant decline in views and even lost a couple of followers over the last couple of months.  So, I am constantly trying to come up with ways to bring in new viewers/followers and keep current viewers/followers.  I really hope that the blog really takes off by the beginning of next year.  So, these are the post days with their names and themes:
Monday - Daily Posts
Tuesday - Tuesdays with DOC
Wednesday - Wednesday's Point of View with LARRY
Thursday - Thursday Tips and Thoughts
Friday - Photo Friday
Saturday - Samantha Alexa Saturday
Sunday - No posts, cuz I need at least 1 day off, LOL!