Author Topic: My Phicen collection  (Read 1833 times)

senso

• Resident
Re: My Phicen collection
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2020, 10:21:44 PM »

I like the braids too. That is one of the reasons why I got that one.

She was a little mad that you thought she was wearing a wig. She's over it now though.  :laugh:
That's her actual hair. Most of these types of heads have rooted hair. like Barbie.  A few have molded hair.
Kumik is the only brand of head I can think of that has a wig.

HydeJekyll

• Resident
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2020, 10:46:30 PM »
Oh my goodness, my ignorance is showing! I am in TPE doll mode, where the ladies wear wigs...my bad!
    I’m not a phicen owner, just an admirer.
    Awesome ladies!

senso

• Resident
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2020, 11:45:34 PM »
I sort of forgot that I have two Kumik heads. The last post reminded me. Since I've had them. they have been
pretty much stored in their boxes.

One reason is they don't fit Phicen neck posts without modifying the neck opening. Also the wigs don't fit very well.
The ones I have match Phicen suntan fairly well but need the neck mod.
I liked the idea that the wig can be changed. But the fit is a problem. Mostly a seam shows. They sell about six different
loose wigs, but none of them have bangs that would hide the seam and look better.

I can put the head on this Jiaou Doll body because it has changeable neck posts, but doesn't color match this pale body.

I think this is a beautiful head but I don't like that the seam shows between the head and wig.

The seam shows more in this pic.  Kumiks also have the high forehead look.

In a blonde wig

This is the head with the wig off and the wig.

This pic I lightened the face in Lightroom to match the doll body.  The face is beautiful.

In my opinion Jiaou Dolls aren't as good as Phicens. The skeletons aren't as good and are harder to pose. Also the joints
seem weaker. This body is very slender but they have some new ones that look more like large bust Phicens.
The advantage is different replaceable neck posts and have five or six different colors. Phicen bodies only have two. (not
including character sets or very old ones)

Jiaou Dolls little backside.

senso

• Resident
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2020, 11:50:20 PM »
Oh my goodness, my ignorance is showing! I am in TPE doll mode, where the ladies wear wigs...my bad!
    I’m not a phicen owner, just an admirer.
    Awesome ladies!

No problem. She's over it.
But I think she may be dying her hair.   Oh no.. I think I might be in trouble.

Halleheals

• Sr. Resident
  • Aka Dees Luver and Journey’s slave
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2020, 01:38:38 AM »
Wow she has a very pretty Asian face! you have a great collection Senso  :thumb:
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2020, 01:40:39 AM »
She's quite beautiful!
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

senso

• Resident
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2020, 06:28:39 PM »
Thanks guys!

senso

• Resident
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2020, 02:36:22 PM »
This is the first Phicen I bought in 2013. The model is PLMB2013-17

This is an old model that has a plastic frame instead of a stainless steel one.
The body is less elegant and the joints are more fragile than newer models. She is also harder to pose.  The hands are rather
large and she has, what I call, robot shoulders.
But even with all her flaws, I like her a lot. I think she's charming. This particular model came with, what I think is one of the most
beautiful faces of any of the old models. 

This is a medium bust body. I think the large bust bodies were a bit better in appearance. But I liked this face. She can still do simple
poses but her knees and elbow joints are loose. The leg joints are tight and still make a loud cracking noise that can wake the dead.

I put her in her original swim suit thing and added a big knife.

Her promo pic.

This is the plastic frame. It actually looks cool, but doesn't work very well. Without the skin, this doll would make a cool
looking robot.

This is the current steel frame. Kind of sexy but too skinny :laugh: