Author Topic: Downstairs/Upstairs  (Read 556 times)

Feguro

• Sr. Resident
Re: Downstairs/Upstairs
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2019, 09:38:05 AM »
Dollevater - that's nice  :) Super idea to use any other help before doing a lift up. Stability and rigidity in all your exercises.  :cheers:

Z-Dr

• City Engineer
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2019, 03:37:27 PM »
I'm still trying to convince Incred to put in a "Dollevator".  He has the perfect spot.  :thumb:

Of course he is missing the necessary Mechadoll and Sinthetics necessary to test it out properly. :whistle:

incred

• Sr. Resident
  • Bay State
    • Incredidoll
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2019, 07:47:05 PM »
As Z said, I have toyed with the same idea. I have a couple of closets that would work if you cut the floor out.

Using Unistrut with trollies attached to the elevator floor as a guide. Also making a simple elevator car out of strut.

Strut is strong stuff and can hold a 100lb doll in the middle of a 10' piece with little bending.

For now I just stick with a doll dollie.  It is tough to give up closet space.

Halleheals

• Sr. Resident
  • In Full blown doll dementia
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2019, 10:13:05 PM »
This is pretty clever, nice Job Smoke! Does this mean I can add an upstairs room to my place for doll storage?  :yipee:

This was very entertaining! Thanks Smoke!  :laugh:
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations

Z-Dr

• City Engineer
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2019, 10:34:06 PM »
Does this mean I can add an upstairs room to my place for doll storage?  :yipee:

I did just that.  I hinged the attic fan and have strut with strut pullies that is directly over the opening.  I use a block and tackle since I haven't gotten around to purchasing a winch.  I don't currently store dolls up there because it gets too hot in the summer and I have four-legged little bastards up there I cant seem to get rid of.  If you ever get up here, I will show it to you.

Here is a link to the gallery that explains the materials, circa 2015. http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=729 

[/hijack] :cheers:

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
  • Humble Servant of CJ's Harem.
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 03:11:08 AM »
I'm still trying to convince Incred to put in a "Dollevator".  He has the perfect spot.  :thumb:

Of course he is missing the necessary Mechadoll and Sinthetics necessary to test it out properly. :whistle:

True, but incred has something I don't. Scorcha!  :drool: In my books she is perfectly qualified as a test pilot.  :P
If the Ladies don't find you handsome.  .. Get a doll.

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2019, 03:36:29 AM »
This is pretty clever, nice Job Smoke! Does this mean I can add an upstairs room to my place for doll storage?  :yipee:

This was very entertaining! Thanks Smoke!  :laugh:

Yes, Yes it does HH  :D :thumb:

And I suggest you start immediately , if not sooner. Dolls have a way of multiplying and your not even aware it's happening. They are worse then rabbits.  ;D 

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2019, 06:26:55 AM »
That's for sure Smoke!

"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Z-Dr

• City Engineer
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2019, 11:03:42 AM »
Don't you just love the way Smokes threads never get derailed, eh?

Squirrel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSUXXzN26zg

:cheers:

Ray Rentell

• Sr. Resident
  • reality is never what it seems!
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2019, 05:43:43 PM »
Well times getting on Smoke,your not getting any younger,  put a stair lift in ........ :laugh:

<<<<<<<<<<<<for album click the pic..........................

Z-Dr

• City Engineer
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2019, 06:59:47 PM »
Well times getting on Smoke,your not getting any younger,  put a stair lift in ........ :laugh:

It needs a beverage holder.  By the way, Smoke, when did you get that big blotch on your back, eh?  :cheers:

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Lone Star living
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2019, 10:09:04 PM »
Just a note of caution, from someone who used one of these for years to haul his dolls up into an attic hiding spot.

Be aware that the winch has a tremendous amount of torque, and if anything gets snagged, the winch is not going to stop and something is going to give.

I bent a neck bolt using it to haul my Lovable Doll up into the attic. Having worked on dolls that were about to loose there heads to breaks at that point, and hearing of others that actually did, I can say I was incredibly lucky that my LD is still in one piece.

Like any other time, plan your moves and never get complacent.

Good luck.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2019, 04:54:00 AM »
Hey Smoke, from a fellow mechanic be sure to use high tensile strength eyebolts (Hopefully you can get them around
you...). Also be sure your dolls have good neck construction to be able to handle a lift that high or Dr Ceej may have to
make an emergency visit.  :o

Take care! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2019, 02:22:24 PM »
 Thanks guys for the concern. This will not be happening on a daily basis if ever again.  Mahtek you are right about the torque of the winch and it is applied  instantaneously . The only way to counteract the torgue application with this winch would be to have a stiff spring between the cable hook and the eye bolt to absorb the shock or jerk on the cable. This winch is made for an ATV . It was a fun experiment though.  ;D

Doll-lover

• Resident
    • My Gallery
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2019, 07:55:55 PM »
You could use a boat  winch that is hand cranked. Nice job though. :thumb: :thumb: