Author Topic: Gabriel questions  (Read 195 times)

morrigan

• New Resident
Gabriel questions
« on: July 14, 2019, 08:35:16 AM »
Hey there!

I don't have a lot of experience using forums so I'm not really sure if this is where I should be asking this question - sorry if it isn't:

I'm a Portuguese professional portrait and fashion photographer, and am also a doll collector (so far I only collect Asian Ball Jointed dolls), but I have been fascinated by Gabriel since I first saw the first pictures of him years ago.
There are a few things that I am puzzled by and none of the pictures / videos I saw online have answered my questions so I was hoping that any of the users here could enlighten me on this.

1) In some videos and pictures I found on the web, Gabriel has his mouth slightly ajar while in others, his lips look almost sealed. In some of them his mouth looks opened in a way that I find unsettling because it creeps me out. Now, I'm sure the doll is not able to open his jaw, but does Sinthetics offer a closed mouth option or is this only a matter of picture angle? I would really loveee to get a Gabriel doll for my more unconventional photography projects but I would only consider to spend that much money if I the mouth issue wouldn't be a problem, as I would want my photos to look as natural as possible and pose him as a person, but if the moth is opened like that I think that would not be possible.

2) Also, I read somewhere in the caption of a video - someone who has purchased Gabriel - that from the payment date to the delivery date, he had to wait like more than one year. Is this real, like does it take this long to get the doll after you've finalised payment?

3) I've seen a bunch of silicone dolls online where the "skin" was teared apart in several places (most common places where the feet I think). Do you guys know how easily the skin tears? I mean, I don't plan on using the doll for sex but is simply posing motive to tear the skin? I mean, I really don't want to spend a fortune on a doll if it's like super probable that his skin will be damaged just by posing him. I've seed a really cool video by Sinthetics on Instagram of a closed eyes Akira doll with a permanent head and the first thing that came to mind is if the silicone would tear in time in the neck area just by inclining his head up or down /sides.

4) I've seen a doll somewhere that was close in realness to Gabriel (that so far is the only doll I would consider to get because it's the only one who  - apart from the mouth thing - doesn't creep me out and actually does look like a real person). I think the doll's name was Adam and the company who made him was called Lovabledolls or something like that. I can't find the website anymore. Do you guys know if there are other brands out there who make silicone male dolls as real as Gabriel?

5) Do you know if the materials used in Sex dolls like Gabriel are in any way toxic? I am asking this because some materials involved in collection dolls  making (like BJDs) are indeed toxic. It's something people aren't really talking about very much but it's something that concerns me and It's definitely something I would need to be sure about before ordering a sex doll.

Well I think this is it for now. I would appreciate any help on this questions. Thanks in advance!

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
Re: Gabriel questions
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 04:02:22 PM »
I don't think this is the right tread, ??? but since Lit Lover hasn't moved it yet...  :laugh:

Now, I'm sure the doll is not able to open his jaw, but does Sinthetics offer a closed mouth option or is this only a matter of picture angle?

Yes

Also, I read somewhere in the caption of a video - someone who has purchased Gabriel - that from the payment date to the delivery date, he had to wait like more than one year. Is this real, like does it take this long to get the doll after you've finalised payment?

No, it not that long... it's longer - a LOT longer. :(

I finalized payment in 2016...and I'm still waiting - and I got an "expedited order." If you think this is uncommon check out the "Order in the Production List" thread (not sure how to do links to threads here).

Do you guys know how easily the skin tears? I mean, I don't plan on using the doll for sex but is simply posing motive to tear the skin? I mean, I really don't want to spend a fortune on a doll if it's like super probable that his skin will be damaged just by posing him.

Speaking from someone who only uses my DS for photos: The more likely problem is the joints becoming either too loose or locking in odd angles making posing more difficult. However, yes, feet and hands tend to take the most damage... outside of the mouth/anus/vagina but you aren't using it for that so I wouldn't as much.  :)

I've seen a doll somewhere that was close in realness to Gabriel (that so far is the only doll I would consider to get because it's the only one who  - apart from the mouth thing - doesn't creep me out and actually does look like a real person). I think the doll's name was Adam and the company who made him was called Lovabledolls or something like that. I can't find the website anymore. Do you guys know if there are other brands out there who make silicone male dolls as real as Gabriel?

They stopped making "Adam" years ago.  :( As for realistic non-Sins, they don't exist yet. RealDoll comes close, but they are even creepier than Sins. :o The male DS dolls look real on their website... but less so in person (trust me on that). Though if you really want a doll that looks like "Gabriel" without the massive cost or 3+ year wait, you may want to try Irontech Doll's "Charles" with facial hair (without it he looks like a Neanderthal mannequin from a natural history museum :laugh: ). No other male dolls matches the realism of "Gabriel."  :(

Do you know if the materials used in Sex dolls like Gabriel are in any way toxic?

"Gabriel," "Akira" and "William" plus the DS and RD lines are all silicone which is non-toxic... but all the cheaper Chinese companies (WM, JoyTop, Irontech, etc.) use TPE which IS toxic -- especially if it comes in contact with silicone (such as using a silicone head on a TPE body, which is a cheaper way to make a realistic looking doll).

morrigan

• New Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 04:48:35 PM »
Thanks so much the reply.
Wow! seriously? honestly I think that is an outrage. something as expensive taking so long to be shipped. I mean, that is completely out of the question for me just for that factor. You don't expect anyone to pay for an article as expensive as a car to wait 5 years to get it, and I'm prettu sure it doesn't take that long to make a silicone doll - and spare me the waiting list crap, if they get that many orders, hire more staff. Who knows what I'll be doing in 3 years or more, I may even not be alive then - that is just very disappointing.
I would be looking at the second hand market - if there's even such a thing for sex dolls if the idea didn't disgust me so much - even if I don't plan on using it for sex.

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 07:38:10 PM »
I would be looking at the second hand market - if there's even such a thing for sex dolls if the idea didn't disgust me so much - even if I don't plan on using it for sex.

Well, selling used sex toys is ILLEGAL in the US, but... if you are looking for unused dolls, there is a entire sub-forum for that... but male dolls don't come up very often. :( I highly recommend the first one.  ;D

http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=10458.0

http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=10145.0

94elmwood

• New Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 10:54:57 AM »
There are male dolls on Alibaba  you just have  to do your research and  deal with a  company that makes them and not a trading company.Unlike realdoll and sins  they  can stand on their own they can be leaned against  things. The may not have the high quality appearance of a  sin or realdoll but for the price they are  a lot less and they can be delivered  quicky..But some are  heavier up to  130 lbs  so moving them around isn't ez.. A Rd weighs 110.. I guess a sin is  around the same..

morrigan

• New Resident
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 04:56:55 PM »
Thanks for the links and info.

Yeah I've seen dolls from other companies but so far I hated their faces, I seriously can't understand why in the hell these companies have mastered the art of making a female face but suck so much at creating a male head sculpt??!
I collect BJDs and I am used to perfect, amazing faces and bodies. Some of the faces I've seen so far in the Sex doll industry are just grotesque. For me the face is definitely the most important thing, that's why so far Gabriel and Akira are the only dolls I would consider. But even Gabriel in my Opinion needs to get an adjustment on the open moth thing. Akira on the other hand looks better when it comes to that.

Ok, so I  really don't have a choice but to sit back and waitttttttttttt for an unused (yeah right) Gabriel doll to miraculously appear in the second hand market, or just cross my figures and wait for some company to make an actually great doll that doesn't cost a fortune. Being in Europe there is another problem for me - custom services charge us with at least 30% of the total  - including shipping - in custom fees, so you can imagine how expensive these dolls really get for European Buyers if they come from outside the European Union. Humpf how I hate Sinthetics right now for having such an outrageous waiting list time andd for charging such a fortune.

It's a shame because I am really good with styling, painting, styling hair and whatever it is involved in customizing a doll and I'm sure I would be able to create an amazing character, full of personality and make glorious photos with it. As a fashion and portraits photographer, I have been capturing beauty for over 10 years now and I always style my models models on my own. Before I knew how hard it was to get a Sinthetics doll I was thinking of implanting long human hair, string by string on a Gabriel doll. Yeah..  I'm positively, utterly disappointed on Sinthetics right now.  :-[

Just to illustrate what I was talking about on realism, I'm used to this kind of perfection whwn it comes to faces (these are some of my 1/3 scale dolls, 72cm tall - you see why I can't settle for less than gorgeous):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/63744461@N05/40515628363/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63744461@N05/35117087602/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63744461@N05/35555449202/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63744461@N05/42421157812/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63744461@N05/25675701208/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63744461@N05/27308288740/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63744461@N05/32464950110/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63744461@N05/34155156390/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63744461@N05/36636004972/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63744461@N05/33605018048/in/dateposted-public/

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 07:09:56 PM »
Yeah I've seen dolls from other companies but so far I hated their faces, I seriously can't understand why in the hell these companies have mastered the art of making a female face but suck so much at creating a male head sculpt??!

Because female dolls are more profitable. Duh.

So, on the rare occasional when a customer asks for a "male doll,"  ::) is the company going to make a mold from scratch or put a shorter wig on a "masculine-looking" female doll and slap a cheap plastic penis on a modified flat-chested doll? Sex dolls are ultimately a business, so it comes down to which is more profitable.

This is changing a bit as companies are slowly coming around to the lucrative "gay market" and young women (as one member, I can't remember which one offhand, said their focus is on the "male beauty standards" of young Chinese women). So, basically if you hate current male doll designs, blame Chinese women between 18-39yo who have time to attend focus groups. :laugh:

morrigan

• New Resident
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 04:09:21 AM »
Yes well, profitable would be to have a product that actually is appealing and would compel people to get it. I have a hard time believing that Chinese women wave such terrible taste in men, no one likes grotesque faces (at least the majority does not). Why would anyone spend money on a doll that looks like a hag? The reason why there’s fewer people getting Male sex dolls is just because the ones available aren’t worth the money or are a - apparently - impossible to get even if you are willing to spend a lot of money.

poseoasis

• New Resident
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 12:17:31 PM »
Love Iplehouse Tedros, Arvid and Rex too!  Personally, Falcon is my favorite, he is Jason Momoa to me.  How I wish someone could make a sex doll with the same standard as Iplehouse BJDs. There is a new male doll from Langfei( Chinese manufacturer).

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 06:37:57 PM »
Love Iplehouse Tedros, Arvid and Rex too!  Personally, Falcon is my favorite, he is Jason Momoa to me.

I must have missed something here as I haven't heard of any of those dolls.

There is a new male doll from Langfei( Chinese manufacturer).

He's not terrible, just average. Unfortunately, you give no info on him (I assume it's TPE, but you make no mention of height and weight). I can see you found him on Alibaba (I just did a search there the other day ;D), and there are a lot of new male dolls on there :thumb: but I don't remember seeing this particular model. I was kinda partial to the 140cm from Kelotech/Jerool (which this looks somewhat similar to) and the 180cm one from HM (which is far too heavy for me to lift), but I haven't seen either listed on an American distributor site yet.

Also, it's really nice seeing poseoasis back in this forum. ;D

poseoasis

• New Resident
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 12:24:43 AM »
I must have missed something here as I haven't heard of any of those dolls.

Those dolls are products from Korean ball joint doll manufacturer "Iplehouse".  In my opinion, their head sculpts are the best!

He's not terrible, just average. Unfortunately, you give no info on him (I assume it's TPE, but you make no mention of height and weight).

You are right, he is a TPE doll, and his dimension are as follows:

170cm height, 55kg, neck 34cm, shoulder 46cm, breast 94cm, waist 74cm, hips 94cm, arms 63cm, hands 17cm, feet 25cm, legs 82cm, orfice 16cm

This company also has a smaller male doll model as well.  google "hklangfei" to get more information. 

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 01:01:31 PM »
170cm height, 55kg, neck 34cm, shoulder 46cm, breast 94cm, waist 74cm, hips 94cm, arms 63cm, hands 17cm, feet 25cm, legs 82cm, orfice 16cm

He has a cute face, and is taller (and heavier) than I thought he'd be. :o No mention of the size(s)/connection method of his money maker.

This company also has a smaller male doll model as well.  google "hklangfei" to get more information.

No further information that I could tell. :( The only male doll on hklangfei.com (the only English site to come up) looks NOTHING like the one you are posting here. The other nine results were forum threads in a language I can't read.

poseoasis

• New Resident
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2019, 09:55:51 PM »
He has a cute face, and is taller (and heavier) than I thought he'd be. :o No mention of the size(s)/connection method of his money maker.

To my best understanding, his manhood is detachable and you can choose any dildo from their store for him.

No further information that I could tell. :( The only male doll on hklangfei.com (the only English site to come up) looks NOTHING like the one you are posting here. The other nine results were forum threads in a language I can't read.

My best guess is they haven't updated their English website yet. No worry, I got some information for you.

They are happy to answer your questions. Please contact them directly at http://www.chinasexq.com/

I am not an associate of this manufacturer and they never offer me any monetary reward by introducing their product to you and/or this forum.  It's just a piece of information I would like to share with you.