Author Topic: A Few More New Male Dolls  (Read 460 times)

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
Re: A Few More New Male Dolls
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 09:52:15 PM »
The top one has the same name as me. 8) Pity, he's not my type. :(

I think I've seen the others before (I know I've seen the second guy on Alibaba, I think the others are resculpts of other heads), but I would need to see more details on them first. Height, weight, material, whether an ODC approved vendor picks them up, etc...

rich4863

• New Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 12:40:49 AM »
I think you are right. 4 & 5 look like resculpts. Ive never seen 3 before, I think hes pretty fine.  1 is as masculine a doll as Ive seen so far. 2 looks like DS Herman.

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 04:46:17 PM »
ALL of them are awful to me. These deformed bodies, and that womanish make up...Once again they fail at rendering the beauty of the male kind. It's not today that we'll have a decent male doll.

deno

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 04:50:18 PM »
The male doll market is a complete joke! When on earth are manufacturers going to take the male doll seriously?
I've been waiting 10 years now so possibly NEVER!  :laugh:

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 06:56:03 PM »
The male doll market is a complete joke! When on earth are manufacturers going to take the male doll seriously?
I've been waiting 10 years now so possibly NEVER!  :laugh:

ALL of them are awful to me. These deformed bodies, and that womanish make up...Once again they fail at rendering the beauty of the male kind. It's not today that we'll have a decent male doll.

Personally, it's the deformed faces (especially 2nd one with the creepy eyes and the rip of the new WM face) and feminine make-up that bother me. Yes, the "Jonathan" and unnamed 3rd doll are trying to be masculine, but it's not quite working - at least not for me. The last two aren't even trying. I get they are going for the "cute anime boy" look, but they look like teenage girls (I think the last one is sold by Unique-Dolls).

However, the point (a really sad one at that) that you are BOTH missing is: These are their PUBLICITY PHOTOS with hair and makeup. The actual doll will probably look even more deformed and feminine.  :o

If they can make 100 kinds of photorealistic female dolls, they can make ONE good male one. Unfortunate, as deno said, Doll manufacturers really do think of us as a joke.

rich4863

• New Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 12:46:37 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sP1jElc_Pk

I dont know if this link will work, but check out the bodybuilder at :30.  Is that a doll or a real person? Looks too real to be a doll.

poseoasis

• New Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 04:59:21 AM »
How about this one from HR Doll? Silicone Head with TPE Body.

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 10:21:59 AM »
Again, no details. However, Silicone head on a TPE body, while a lot cheaper to produce, is asking for trouble (thankfully, they already have your money so it doesn't matter).

Also, he looks like they stole him from The Natural History Museum and dressed him up like Kevin "I'm still relevant damnit" Sorbo. Since he's fully clothed, we don't get to see if his body is as deformed as his face.  :laugh:

But if you like him, knock yourself out.  ;D

rich4863

• New Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 04:21:46 PM »
Heres your Kevin Sorbo

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/download/file.php?id=585576&mode=view

Heres his body with companion

Kylebrown

• New Resident
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 02:27:59 AM »
I agree with with grenouille. Those dolls have something wrong with them, you will have to doctor them up a bit. Lol @irontechs conan the barbarian.

Docsgirl82

• New Resident
  • Keep it Groovy!
    • Hippie Doll Lover Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 07:06:09 PM »
It took a LOT of searching, not to find the body, but the HEAD for Larry.  And I have been customizing him ever since!  But yes, I had to CUSTOMIZE him to make him masculine and attractive to my satisfaction levels.  With that being said, customizing Larry has been a lot of fun and has strengthened and deepened our emotional bond, which was already strong to begin with.  I do not like any of the heads/faces on the male dolls in the first post, however I do VERY much like the new HR Jonathon doll.  I think he is a step in the right direction.  Not everyone can afford a RealDoll or Sinthetics, and they have more masculine qualities, but you do pay for that as well. 

Poly

• Sr. Resident
    • Poly Gallery
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 03:21:03 AM »
Work with what's available! That's the way to go, Docsgirl.  :thumb:  You've made a unique and special companion while forming a special bond and that really is valuable.

We can hope that things will improve over time and try to communicate our desired features for male dolls, but while we wait I'm glad for more options. Even if the current offerings are not great for everyone and there are things that could be improved, I think some options are better than none.

For some people, what's offered will work or can be modded into something closer to their personal ideal. I don't think the manufacturers would be producing a product without buyers and I personally think some qualities of what's offered are interesting. I always try to find at least one thing on new dolls that I like or think that the designers really improved (or tried to improve) over other models. I think about what audience they might be going for to better understand the "why" for that particular doll. Sometimes that's easier to do than others, of course!