Author Topic: A Few More New Male Dolls  (Read 5173 times)

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
Re: A Few More New Male Dolls
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2020, 05:55:45 PM »
Post it, post it!

If you insist.  ::)

He looks like an old woman in this picture. In fact, when I saw his new look, the FIRST thing to come to my head was "thank you for bein' a friend..."

His face itself is okay (grenouille's mileage may vary), but the wig is just awful. It does him no favors.

I'll notify SDG and see if they can get this hot stud up on their page.

Work that discount. ;D

Docsgirl82

• Resident
  • Keep it Groovy!
    • Hippie Doll Lover Blog
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2020, 09:51:04 PM »
It actually looks like they put a female wig on him. Different look, for sure.

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2020, 03:40:08 PM »
Spartan Lover (I check all the other sites, honestly) has FOUR new listings...only one of them is a new doll...

They call him "Ruby," and he's 5'6" and weighs 103lbs.

I'm not sure what's up with the bright red lip... RUBY red lipstick. :facepalm: It's also a new option for their male dolls, as "Joseph" (their black doll) has a photoshoot with the same lips... and the same female wig I posted last week. It makes him look like the worst drag queen ev... I'm going to have to show this aren't I? *sigh*

This one is a slight redesign of their "Jessie" doll: he's the same height as before (5'3" or 5'11"), just with slightly darker facial hair.

The rest of the photoshoot is almost comical casting him as a police officer, a construction worker (no pants, but at least he's got a helmet  :thumb:). No fire fighter or Indian Chief. :laugh:

The fourth one?

Let's just say "HEEEEEEE'S BAAAAAAACK" and they're acting as if making him taller (5'5") would make his pre-pubescent face look any older. It doesn't, but at least his hair and outfit are improved. No, I'm not linking to photos.  :police:

grenouille

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2020, 06:25:20 PM »

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2020, 08:28:39 PM »
The outfits on the FIRST set are similar. The glossy lipstick already makes him look more feminine than he already does.

I'll agree with you on the SECOND set, as that was my first thought when I saw his photos.  :laugh:

I'm not quite sure what your point is on the THIRD set though.  ???

94elmwood

• New Resident
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2020, 06:54:37 AM »
They took the head of the joesph doll that is black and made it white and put that horrible red paint on the lips.Many of these dolls share the same body

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2020, 08:31:46 AM »
They took the head of the joesph doll that is black and made it white and put that horrible red paint on the lips.Many of these dolls share the same body

I know. Joseph is actually a black version of their Adam doll. This new one is more likely a "dark tan" rather than "white" version.

I like seeing what dolls look like with other configurations, but I'm not sure what genius thought slapping red paint and a cheap Golden Girls wig on him was a good idea.  :facepalm:

Docsgirl82

• Resident
  • Keep it Groovy!
    • Hippie Doll Lover Blog
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2020, 12:31:47 PM »
Joseph and Adam are actually different heads. 

akira-fan

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2020, 01:23:28 PM »
According to Spartan, they are the same head, but I agree they look like different heads side by side. I'm not paid to argue with them. I'm not paid at all. So, why am I doing their marketing for them again? ???

stepio

• Lurker
« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2020, 06:42:04 PM »
According to Spartan, they are the same head, but I agree they look like different heads side by side. I'm not paid to argue with them. I'm not paid at all. So, why am I doing their marketing for them again? ???

You might be confused by the head options in the customization options. Those aren't the same heads. Those are the head options that can be chosen instead of the default head, but they aren't the same heads.