Author Topic: Better Than Us  (Read 97 times)

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
Better Than Us
« on: August 28, 2019, 09:34:32 PM »
Better Than Us
Right-click the pictures to see larger images in a new tab or window.

When I heard Feodora speaking in her native language, I thought she was on the phone talking to her mother. Instead she was watching "Better Than Us", a Russian TV show on Netflix with English dubbed in. I sat down to watch it with her, and thought it quite good.

The English-speaking players do a good job of keeping in time with the Russian-speaking actresses and actors. The end credits show that only a few English-speaking players cover a lot of the Russian-speaking players, but their voices may have different inflections for each character that they cover. I tried to pay attention to who they are, but I got caught up in the show.

{Interpreted} from Wikipedia: Plot: The story takes place in a future where androids serve the population in various positions, even replacing humans in some jobs. They raise children and work as chauffeurs and security guards. In China, an android Arisa (Paulina Andreeva) is designed for the men inconvenienced by the one-child policy, which resulted in a gender imbalance. Arisa is programmed to be wife to a man and mother to adopted children, and to protect her family. {She} is not programmed with Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics {and she kills} her creator. {Then} she is sold out of country.

I could go on with more from the Wikipedia article, but that includes some spoilers. I will report that some of the "bots", as they are called, look like robots with obvious mechanical bodies. Other bots are played by real women and men. Some have the exaggerated movements of typical movie robots, but others move more naturally.

8) :) 8)
"Home isn't a place. It's the people in it. And they will always be with you!"
Andrew J. West as Henry Mills

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
See my gallery for their pictures.

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

Begog

• Sr. Resident
  • Dollmongerer
Re: Better Than Us
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 09:06:10 AM »
Interesting. I will check it out.