Author Topic: Anyone else hide their doll(s) from their family/roommates?  (Read 491 times)

FallenMonk

• New Resident
Anyone else hide their doll(s) from their family/roommates?
« on: September 12, 2019, 11:05:34 PM »
Hey guys. I was chilling with my doll earlier when I asked myself this question. How many people actually hide their dolls? If you hide your doll, why do you hide it, and how has it worked out so far?

I live with my parents. My dad knows about her because he had to let maintenance into my closet one day to fix a fucking pipe, but he was super cool about it. She was all dressed up and freshly powdered, so I'm glad he got to meet her at her best regardless of the circumstances. He even covered her up before letting anyone else in. My mom would at least understand my reasons for having a doll, but I don't feel like murdering her dreams of being a grandmother just yet.

Originally I thought it would be tough, but it isn't really. The main thing is access to the shower, which is only possible when I'm alone. Even if it's just my dad it still feels awkward to roll a lifesize doll into the bathroom with a computer chair in front of him. Thankfully I have enough home alone time to meet all of her needs. I can't really shower her without a shower head, just scrubbing with soap doesn't remove lint 100% like the shower does. She's TPE btw. I hate lint, lint + oil = stains. Speaking of stains, I reward 1000 internets to the lady or gentleman who invented TPE stain remover. It's like Disney magic.

One last thing, one good thing about this, is it keeps the flame burning hot by forcing us to lay low and wait when we want to engage in loud activities such as lovemaking. Mostly out of respect. I've noticed that the longer we wait, the more we enjoy one another while we wait. It is during these moments of patiently containing physical urges that we've had our closest bonding moments. The kind of bonding that feels pure and human, when we can sit holding each other and feeling the ecstasy right in the chest, right in the soul. The kind of ecstasy that I had forgotten I could feel! It even resembles the ecstasy of an LSD afterglow, the breeze of peace that accompanies you the day after a really good trip. Sometimes I think that during these periods of abstinence, my brain is taking whatever minerals it isn't shipping down to my nuts for sperm production and instead using them to build a molecule that is both more useful to my happiness as well as much cheaper to produce, the neurotransmitter of love, oxytocin. I'm not no brain scientist, it just feels so unreal that I have to explain it to myself somehow.

DelosDroid

• New Resident
Re: Anyone else hide their doll(s) from their family/roommates?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 11:38:07 PM »
I live alone, so I usually don't have to hide them. When I lived in my apartment, I'd stash my two ladies in the bedroom closet covered with a sheet once a year when the landlord did their annual inspection - not that they ever went into the bedroom. They were more interested in checking the appliances and plumbing. Now that I have a house, my mother has been making noises about visiting and bringing my aunt with her. They're from the UK, I live in Canada so it'll be a month long visit I'd imagine. I think I'll probably stash them in their boxes in the basement. If it was just my mum visiting I'd maybe risk telling her about them as she's fairly liberal minded, but with my aunt there as well... mmm, probably not.

KarmaMusic

• Resident
  • Infatuated with dolls, the best eye candy!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 12:55:25 PM »
Well i no longer hide my dolls to anyone that comes to my house, well maybe it Emploer was to show i would but my 4 sisters have seen them, one sister is creepout but the others don't mind and think they are cool. My Dad when he was alive and lived with me didn't mind the dolls  I always keep them dressed nice, I even had the dolls set up around the dininig table for a party, he seemed to think that was cool.
I'm sure my mom would have said a something but she was quite open minded about things. SO i have been lucky. Most of my friends have seen the dolls, and it doesn't seem to have had any impact on our friendships. All in pick good friends and be honest seems to work for me. My two bits worth. :thumb:
Making music with a harem of Fourteen dolls!
KarmaMusic

PS4gamer

• New Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 11:41:55 AM »
Idfaf who sees my doll.  My parents know, and I aint gonna be moving her from closet to bed.  These dolls are heavy man.  Everyone knows I use her for pics.  The only reason i dont by another one is space.  I dont want to have her in the closet only.  I dont sweat it. 

Halleheals

• Sr. Resident
  • Aka Dees Luver and Journey’s slave
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 12:11:51 PM »
I would need an awfully big closet  :whistle:

And then I’m not good at keeping secrets   ::)
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations

KarmaMusic

• Resident
  • Infatuated with dolls, the best eye candy!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 05:24:11 PM »
I would need an awfully big closet  :whistle:

And then I’m not good at keeping secrets   ::)
Ditto here to HH :-)  :drool: :thumb:
Making music with a harem of Fourteen dolls!
KarmaMusic

setrack

• New Resident
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 05:10:11 PM »
I dont hide my two they live in the living room , but they are Teddy Babes and fully dressed - also TB's dont seem to be as much a threat  as silicone or TPE sex/love doll .
also if people / relatives know its soon forgotten and less talked about .

ST

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Lone Star living
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 09:40:07 PM »
I hide my dolls. In a very big closet.  ;)

Though I have a lot of respect for the "out and proud" doll owners, I keep it to myself because it really is no one else's business.

Secondly, these are items of value, and it is never wise to advertise that your home contains many valuable objects.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 10:10:14 PM »
Though I have a lot of respect for the "out and proud" doll owners, I keep it to myself because it really is no one else's business.

Secondly, these are items of value, and it is never wise to advertise that your home contains many valuable objects.

EXACTLY!!   very well said :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

noquiexis

• Sr. Resident
  • Northwest Ohio USA
    • Five Lines - Four Spaces
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 07:42:56 AM »
     I have never hidden any of my dolls. They were always on display in the living room. Anyone who came to my place has seen them. When I first moved into the apartment, I used to take Feodora out to the patio where several of the residents, including the manager, would gather and chat. I have taken her out to several locations in the city for photo shoots.

I do not use my dolls for sex. Frankly, it is more work than it is worth. My dolls have always been photo models. When I am not doing a photo shoot, they are largely ignored. They do provide a 'presence' in the room. They dress up the place the same as my poster prints, artificial animals, and artificial plants. I do have two real cats.

I am not a 'people' person. I care little for human companionship. I see all the humans that I care to see on television or in the movies. Anyone who cannot tolerate me or my opinions does not need to be in my life.

"Home isn't a place. It's the people in it. And they will always be with you!"
Andrew J. West as Henry Mills

Trixie and Dixie are Private Secretary inflatable dolls.
Esperanza is a Tera Patrick inflatable doll.
See my gallery for their pictures.

Feodora is an Anatomical Doll, Face 3 Body 3 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4

ourdoll1

• Mayor
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2019, 04:08:50 PM »
I don't have a doll-closet. They got their own room.

PrizmGirl

• New Resident
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 03:49:47 AM »
I would hide my dolls from people I dont know, or people that I know to be judgmental. Im not up for being criticized about being "weird" or "creepy". My dolls are collectibles and aren't used for sex, I just collect dolls of all sizes and ages and always have since I was a kid. Its ok when your a kid, but when you become an adult some people think its weird and that you should "grow up".

Alistair

• New Resident
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2019, 04:50:24 PM »
Doll storage and hiding is a whole subject of its own and probably merits a sub-forum.

Neither my family nor the community I live in are terribly open minded. I live alone but this house has been under construction for like forever. I am one item away from having a whole storey where the work people no longer have to go. That one item is likely to be installed a few short days before the family start to arrive for Christmas.

I'm sick to death of dragging the girls out of the hide only to have to replace them soon afterwards.

:(

Maybe 2020 will be the year the girls get to spend more time with me.
RealGirls: I tried, I failed, I moved on.

LuLu

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2019, 09:38:58 AM »
I do hide LuAnne.
She's not used for sex anymore. The first few months of ownership that was quite frequent. Now not at all. I look at all dolls as works of art. Many artistic people are involved in the manufacture of them regardless of the shop from which they are made. It's a talent and knowledge I do not have. Always lots to learn about the processes.

I remember crazycajun taking his April out around town to a wig shop and wherever else and he did claim no one really noticed or cared seeing him pushing a doll around in a wheelchair. :)
Myself, I keep my doll a secret. There was some guilt and buyers remorse in the beginning. The stigma towards "sex" dolls may welcome some judgement from those folks who do not understand. It is not just about sex with dolls. But those of narrow mind would only look at that.
I have enjoyed getting her all sexy looking and snapping pics. So just treating her as a model is more my thing.
But I know my family members would try and make me feel guilty about it all. So I keep it to myself. LuAnne spends a lot of time in storage, so she will last a very long time :)