Author Topic: My second Sinthetics need HELP  (Read 157 times)

Smaugxxx

• Resident
My second Sinthetics need HELP
« on: September 25, 2019, 05:23:31 PM »
Hello Eveyone I love this forum and thanks to read me  :)

So I buy my second Sinthetics from 2012 (120 Dollars ....), I have some Sil Poxy Glue and I know i need to clean up the silicone
Can you help me for the process ? the owner replaced the broken plastic tube by a more sturdy steel one but dont try to repair the silicone

Thanks in advance

Mathilde Sinthetics 1H - Salma Sinthetics 1B

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
Re: My second Sinthetics need HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 10:07:10 PM »
Two things to be aware of:
1: Platinum silicone is hard to get a good bond to, and proper cleaning is key. Use effective cleaning agents.
2: Silpoxy cures fast and its working time is only around 5 minutes.

Alcohol is a good for general cleaning and disinfecting of silicone, but not good enough to clean platinum silicone to be glued.
MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) is probably the best solution to use for cleaning the silicone..Be very careful with it though, use it in a well ventelated area and use chemical gloves. This stuff is NASTY.
There are surface primers available to help further improve adhesion. I'm not sure what they are, so perhaps someone can chime in who is more famlliar with those.

Also note that silpoxy is much harder than the surrounding silicone so you will feel the difference once the repair is done.
Since the working time for silpoxy is about 5 minutes, you may want to do a closure this large in stages, gluing the inner most parts first, then working outwards in layers. I also recommend you wear gloves.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Halleheals

• Sr. Resident
  • In Full blown doll dementia
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 11:00:24 PM »
She’s got a really pretty face.  :drool:
that’s going to be a really hard repair, you should really know what you are doing
Save yourself all the trouble and just send her to me  :whistle:
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations

Smaugxxx

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 03:03:19 AM »
A big thanks I will try this week end, The doll have an honey pot insert, can I glue it too?
If you have more info don't hesitate  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 05:33:42 AM »
The insert can be glued in, but I really wouldn't do that myself.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Lone Star living
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 10:09:26 PM »
Smaug,

MEK may not be available in your area, acetone is a good second choice.

Also, after washing with MEK or Acetone, let the doll sit for at least an hour before applying the Silpoxy. The solvents will reduce the adhesion of the glue.

You may want to do the repair in sections, bending the leg to bring the two sides of the silicone together.

After applying the Silpoxy and bringing the two sides together, sit and watch the repair area. Some Silpoxy will leak out. This can be removed by gently wiping it away with an acetone soaked towel. Paper towels are fine for this.

Most importantly, GO SLOW! Better to take 2 or 3 days getting a repair that looks good.

She is a beautiful doll, with care you can repair her to close to perfection.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Smaugxxx

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 03:00:05 AM »
A big thanks to you Mahtek, I love your channel video on Youtube and your dolls of course

I have only a day in a motel to do that, I will take my time, I have 2 childs and married so I can't do the work at home
I will show you the result here !  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

ttnlbtpd

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 06:22:06 PM »
I wouldn't be cheap, but I would recommend taking with Reggie from Galmato Haven. I don't think I'd trust anyone else (including myself), to fix that.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!
Gallery: http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/index.php?cat=12735

Smaugxxx

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 11:26:57 AM »
I live in France so .... far away from California, I spend 3 hours to repair, for me its ok Salma is happy  :whistle:

sloopjohnb

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2019, 04:39:38 PM »
Salma reminds me of someone I was very much in lust with, years ago. I can't even remember her name! Seeing her beautiful face made me smile!
Sloop

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2019, 07:38:46 PM »
That was a BIG repair to do, and you did it very well!   :)

Smaugxxx

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2019, 03:31:12 AM »
A big thanks  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: