Author Topic: Smart Doll- Gaia (Cortex Final Boss) (DIY)  (Read 83 times)

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
Smart Doll- Gaia (Cortex Final Boss) (DIY)
« on: December 02, 2019, 11:57:59 PM »
Hey everyone.

Now I know what your all probably thinking. OMG! You got another Smart Doll?  How many do you have now? 500!  :whistle: Well, the answer is yes to
the first question. And no this doesn't make 500.  :whistle:  Only 5!  :P  Also in my own defense are you guys really that surprised..  I mean come
on folk I'm Nova! What else would you expect  :laugh: Anyways after enjoying every minute of Mirai's cortex build I decided to get another. This time I
went with Smart Doll- Gaia, cortex final boss in tea color.  Here is her factory picture. I just love those curls.. So cute!  ^-^

Gaia was shipped out quite fast. As it only took her about (4) days to go from Tokyo Japan to my doorstep here in Southern California.   Unfortunately I
didn't think to grab the camera when I opened the box.. Would have been cool to show how she was packaged in the box for shipping. However I did take
some pictures of all the packaging laid out on the table like I did for Mirai. 

Here is the Cortex final boss grade kit as it comes packaged directly from Culture Japan. As you can see, I also opted to purchase an additional bust for the
build. In which I went with a vinyl push-up bust in tea color.  And I strongly recommend doing this! If your planning on purchasing a cortex. Wither it comes
pre-assembled or in kit form. Fork out the additional $50 and get her a vinyl bust. She will thank you for it!  ;) Plus the vinyl bust will allow a lot more
movement and flexibility than the plastic cortex bust. 

Now on to the build!

From start to finish the entire project took me about 3 hours. And everything went very well. Gaia turned out absolutely gorgeous! I also managed to take
quite few pictures of her build progression. But I also forgot to pick up the camera and take some shots at times. Oh well, There's always the next cortex boss
build!  :whistle: Well technically at the moment there is only one more kit that I don't have. However Danny did mention that he was planning to release more
cortex kits sometime in the near future.  :D

At this stage of assembly the hip socket is being put together onto the pelvic ball joints. 

And here is the lower leg / knee joints being assembled. One down! One to go!

At this point the upper arm / shoulder joint are being put together. 

Here is all of the finished frame pieces. Now it's time to start putting her body together!  :D

In this stage the lower leg / knee joint are joined to the upper leg / femur. Also the outer thigh pieces are glued together onto the frame. 

It's time to snap her spine section into place so the torso pieces can be glued on. 

What the heck is this!  Smart Doll sex position training coarse!  :P  LOL!
Well, actually this is the best way to pose the body for applying the glue to the torso sections. 

Time to work on her calves!  Like she really needs to!  :whistle:

Feet are now joined to her legs! And, oh man! Are Smart Doll legs delicious or what!  :drool: 

One thing I want to note about the cortex feet.  When I was putting Mirai together I noticed that her feet looked a bit larger than the feet on my
vinyl Smart Dolls.  Also I noticed that the boots I put on her for the Christmas shoot went on her pretty snug.  The scary part was that I almost
could not get them back off of her feet.  And those were the Takashin Long Boots by: Culture Japan.  Man those boots took me almost 45 minutes
to work off of her. I was really afraid that I was going to have to destroy those boots by cutting them off her. But no way in hell was I going to
do that. Luckily I was able to work them of little by little. 

Even the Ankle Boots are really snug. You almost can't zip them up because they are so
tight.  I'm really afraid that I'm going to either break her ankle joint trying to put the shoes on. Or tear the shoes up.  At the moment the only shoes
I have that will fit my cortex dolls properly. Is the sneakers I bought from Jodie Creations for $12.  So my plan at this point is try and see if I can
purchase a set of standard vinyl feet from Culture Japan.  Hope that I can! Now I know I can get the high heeled version.  Just not sure about the
standard version.

Today I was curious to see how much bigger the cortex feet are compared to the vinyl feet.  So I measured them.  And the cortex feet is .188"
(3/16") longer!  No wonder why the shoes were snug. 

And here is her completed body!  Gaia's final look will be unveiled real soon..   

DOLLS + LINGERIE = ONE HECK OF A GOOD TIME!!!!

Halleheals

• Sr. Resident
  • Aka Dees Luver and Journey’s slave
Re: Smart Doll- Gaia (Cortex Final Boss) (DIY)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 01:48:04 AM »
Very cool Nova! At this rate you have one of every model  before the next meet  :whistle:
I shouldn’t talk though, I may have one of every Sinodoll by then  :-X

Well done though!  if I buy one un assembled, I’ll just have her shipped to your place  ;D
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 05:32:08 AM »
That's pretty cool Nova!  :)   And very interesting too!

I'd have to say, all you need here is to put a few melting clocks, a coule elephants on stilts around the scene with a near full moon in that sky, and you have a perfect rendition of a Salvador Dali painting!

"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 11:20:31 AM »
Very cool Nova! At this rate you have one of every model  before the next meet  :whistle:
I shouldn’t talk though, I may have one of every Sinodoll by then  :-X

Well done though!  if I buy one un assembled, I’ll just have her shipped to your place  ;D

LOL! Thanks buddy! Yeah you could be right! As there are currently two cinnamon models that I've been thinking about pull the trigger on. At
least one of them. LOL! Which is either Prowess & Chitose.  Also there is still one cortex final boss kit that I don't have yet. Which might also
find her way into my shopping cart.  :whistle:

Oh yeah buddy! If you ever decided to go that route.  I'd be more than happy to put her together for you.    :thumb:

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 11:37:19 AM »
That's pretty cool Nova!  :)   And very interesting too!

I'd have to say, all you need here is to put a few melting clocks, a coule elephants on stilts around the scene with a near full moon in that sky, and you have a perfect rendition of a Salvador Dali painting!

Hey thanks Ceej! Glad you found it intriguing.  ^-^

LOL! It does look strange enough to be something that you would find in one of his paintings..   :laugh:

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 11:45:11 AM »
Hey all,

It's time to unveil Gaia! Here she is:

isn't she just so cute!  ^-^

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 08:17:01 PM »
Very sweet Nova  8)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Halleheals

• Sr. Resident
  • Aka Dees Luver and Journey’s slave
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 09:27:35 PM »
She’s adorable!  :hug:  those ears and glasses!  :-*
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations

senso

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 11:13:30 PM »
Kawaii!
Great tutorial also. It will be helpful if or when I get a Smart Doll kit. Most likely when.

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 11:45:32 AM »
Very sweet Nova  8)

Thank you Ceej!  ^-^

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 12:08:45 PM »
She’s adorable!  :hug:  those ears and glasses!  :-*

I just love her.  As for those glasses. They now belong to her and will be part of her default look.   Yes, She will be shown in pictures without
them at times. But she will be blind as a bat. She just don't like wearing contacts.  Now for those cat ears. They are really cool and super cute!
But man, are they expensive! Shoot those glasses were to. And they are even more expensive if you purchase the optional lenses like I did. It's
totally worth though.. Especially after seeing how cute they look in those ears and glasses!   ^-^   Anyways thanks buddy!   :hug:

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 01:27:56 PM »
Kawaii!
Great tutorial also. It will be helpful if or when I get a Smart Doll kit. Most likely when.

Domo arigatou!  ^-^  Well, that's one of very few phrases I know how to say in Japanese at the moment. But I'm learning.  ;)
Hoping to go to Japan in the next year or two and would like to be some what fluent. Plus would love to watch Japanese anime
in the native language without having to read the English subtitles. Or even have to depend on a dubbed version.  As I understand
that there is quite a bit of dialog that is left out when everything is translated to English. Plus I wouldn't mind being able to speak to
my Smart Doll ladies in their native language either..  :D

Anyways I'm glad that this should be helpful to you.  :thumb:

senso

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 12:02:54 AM »
I only know a few words and phases too. I've been to Japan twice, Tokyo and Kamakura. I tried to learn some Japanese before going, but didn't put
the time into it. It's a bit difficult since the English and Japanese language aren't related. I guess a lot of people have learned some Japanese to
understand anime and of course Smart Dolls too.  :laugh:
By the way, senso is referring to the Senso Ji temple in the Asakusa area of Tokyo. It's just what popped into my head and thought it was an ok name.
The Asakusa area is a nice place to stay in Tokyo. It is far enough from the city center for a lower hotel price, but close enough to still have subway service.

This is the Senso Ji in Asakusa. I shot it too tight. I should have backed off a little. But surprised I got the stars to show with some Lightroom processing.
Famous but modern temple building.

500 year old "real deal" temple in Kamakura. Forgot the name.

Make sure to go. It is a great place to visit. Very interesting and the people are very friendly and nice, even in Tokyo. Just mostly like to keep
to themselves, except if you meet or know someone.
In Tokyo you probably won't want to miss Akihabara. Ground zero for anime, figurines and lots of other things, which you probably already know.
I wasn't in the area of the Smart Doll shop. But I'm thinking of going back to Tokyo and would like to visit there.

Nova-1

• Sr. Resident
  • IN DOLL HEAVEN!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 02:07:37 PM »
Very cool background about how you chose your user name.  :thumb: And I'll definitely note to check out those places when I go.  Oh yeah and
I'll most definitely going to be spending some time in Akihabara! That area just looks like heaven for us anime nuts!  ^-^