Author Topic: EJ Is Broken, Again. (My Fault)  (Read 169 times)

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
  • If the ladies don't find you handsome, get a doll.
EJ Is Broken, Again. (My Fault)
« on: January 02, 2020, 03:15:40 PM »
 After working pretty hard for me in the last month or so, I noticed during her last shoot that she has a wobbly neck. I have inspected and I strongly suspect that she has a broken or cracked cruciform.

She fell down on me and landed on her back. Her neck bolt was in and I think this contributed since the neck bolt would have been the first thing to hit the floor.

I have searched and there have been some repairs documented here of cruciforms but I don't think anyone has documented a full replacement.

If anyone would even have a idea as to where I could obtain a replacement cruciform (or reasonable facsimile) for a Sinthetics 2D that  would be a good start. Since Sinthetics rarely  responds to Emails I'm not going down that road.

Thanks in advance for any help with this situation.  What a way to start 2020.  :whistle:

Most humble servant of CJ's harem .

sloopjohnb

• Sr. Resident
Re: EJ Is Broken, Again. (My Fault)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 04:52:29 PM »
Smoke, you happen to know someone who runs a machine shop! Let me know if I can help you my friend!
JB

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 07:59:34 PM »
Awww Crap!  Sorry to hear that Smoke.

UGHHH!!! What ever you do, Don't put in anther plastic one.  Check her upper spine too to be sure its ok.

If you want, I can help out as well :)
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 04:20:54 AM »
Smoke, you happen to know someone who runs a machine shop! Let me know if I can help you my friend!
JB

As a matter of fact I do. He only lives just over an hour away from me.  ;D

Thanks for the offer Sloop. I'm pretty sure I got this but I appreciate it all the same. I need to cut her open and see what is what first.  ???  ( not looking forward to that  :'(   )  . Once I have an idea what I'm up against I will go from there.

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 04:22:58 AM »
Awww Crap!  Sorry to hear that Smoke.

UGHHH!!! What ever you do, Don't put in anther plastic one.  Check her upper spine too to be sure its ok.

If you want, I can help out as well :)

Thanks ole buddy. 8)  Once I get her opened up, I'll evaluate and then go from there. I will keep you posted.

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 06:05:08 PM »
I have excavated the core foam around the breakage site. The cruciform is broken where the neck stump enters. The cruciform is a plastic 4 way joiner piece  in the shape of a cross. This joins the neck, the shoulders and the upper spine together . Luckily this particular cruciform is reinforced with metal  straps that bind the four bones together. Nothing is coming apart here. This problem I have only makes for a floppy, neck since the only place the cruciform is broken is where the neck bone enters it.   

There is a hollow space inside the cruciform where the four bones meet. My plan is to drill two small holes on either side of the neck bone , inject epoxy into the cruciform to fill up the hollow space and fuse the entire thing together. This will reinforce the cruciform and also bind the neck bone to everything else . In theory :whistle:.

I will up date when this is done.

Wish EJ luck. She needs it more then I do.  :whistle:

Mahtek

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
  • Lone Star living
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 10:17:53 PM »
Smoke,

Sorry to hear about EJ. Bel and I did this repair at Dollstock one year. Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_A29Y2gIys

Good luck.

Mahtek & his Ladies
Home is where your dolls are.

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 12:59:45 AM »
Thanks guys.  :thumb:

I used two tubes of permatex 5 min epoxy. 14 ML each. This turned out to be the perfect amount to fill the cruciform and allow for a bit to ooze out and fill the cracked portion of the cruciform from the outside.

I injected the epoxy into a syringe first to allow for a more controlled injection with less mess. The syringe with a small needle allows for a smaller drilled hole.

I drilled two small holes in the cruciform on either side of the metal strap. The hole to the right of the strap was used to inject the epoxy. The hole to left was a bleed hole. The hole on the left  serves two purposes. One. It allows the air inside the cruciform to escape as the epoxy is injected in. Two. It serves as a visual cue as to when the cruciform is full. When epoxy oozes out of the bleed hole, you know the cruciform is full and you don't need to guess.

I will update later today after the epoxy cures on how it turned out. The stuff is supposed to set in 5 mins and cure in four hours.

Ceej

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 07:37:29 AM »
A nice, less invasive fix.  I whish you and EJ the best of luck with this.
"Leaving it to the imagination" is highly overrated.

Sandy is a B6 Classic Realdoll, Nicole is a Realdoll Petite 5. They both share classic F1 faces as well as all the classic F1 expression faces. Sandy also has several sets of reuseable "Real Breast" prosthetic breasts.

sloopjohnb

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 02:13:23 PM »
Get well soon EJ!

litlluvr

• Town Council
  • Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 05:00:48 PM »
Hi Smoke. have a question to ask you...

Do you think that break could of happened in the PVC piping due to you using your winch set-up you use to get your
girls upstairs ? Just concerned since there's a good amount of weight below the lifting eyebolt to raise her up and I
was noticing the location of the crack. The re-enforcement straps thank goodness prevented a total catastrophe !!

Just concerned.  Take care! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 05:28:44 PM »
Hi Smoke. have a question to ask you...

Do you think that break could of happened in the PVC piping due to you using your winch set-up you use to get your
girls upstairs ? Just concerned since there's a good amount of weight below the lifting eyebolt to raise her up and I
was noticing the location of the crack. The re-enforcement straps thank goodness prevented a total catastrophe !!

Just concerned.  Take care! litlluvr, Yoshe, Amiko, Marla, Michiko, & Yuna.

No.

Halleheals

• Sr. Resident
  • Aka Dees Luver and Journey’s slave
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2020, 09:58:46 PM »
Nice work Smoke, that same two part epoxy has worked wonders on repairs for me, I hope it does so for EJ  :thumb:
Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations

Smoke

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2020, 11:23:09 PM »
Well, I'm happy to report that EJ's neck is rock solid . I just have to close up her incision and she should be good to go.  Thanks everyone for the kind  comments . Hopefully this is the end of her neck issues. .  :whistle: